caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
After waiting for 120 days, it is extremely frustrating that I am still not receiving my GCMS set ?

Is there anybody who can guide me in that matter ? I just need my GCMS set

From GET GCMS, I just sent an email to GETGCMS too that kindly send me my GCMS set, I don't know man what is going on.
That certainly is odd. Did you receive a time extension notice like this? This is just an example

This is further to your request under the Access To Information Act*, which was received on xxxxx, for the following records:

The electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) .........

I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Access To Information Act*, an extension of 60 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is required in order to undertake consultations that are necessary to comply with the request that cannot reasonably be completed within the original time limit.

Considering the extension, your request is now due on xxxxxx

Further information about the Access To Information Act* can be found at the following web page:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/a-1/

Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Information Commissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at: http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

ATIP Officer
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

PLEASE QUOTE OUR FILE NUMBER IN ANY FOLLOWING CORRESPONDENCE

IRCC adheres to the “10 Principles for Assisting Applicants,” which are listed on the following website: www.cic.gc.ca/dutytoassist

This message is intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It contains privileged and confidential information which is not to be disclosed without the sender's express consent. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or an authorized representative thereof, please notify the sender by email and then destroy this message as well as all other existing copies.

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016
That certainly is odd. Did you receive a time extension notice like this? This is just an example

This is further to your request under the Access To Information Act*, which was received on xxxxx, for the following records:

The electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) .........

I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Access To Information Act*, an extension of 60 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is required in order to undertake consultations that are necessary to comply with the request that cannot reasonably be completed within the original time limit.

Considering the extension, your request is now due on xxxxxx

Further information about the Access To Information Act* can be found at the following web page:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/a-1/

Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Information Commissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at: http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

ATIP Officer
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

PLEASE QUOTE OUR FILE NUMBER IN ANY FOLLOWING CORRESPONDENCE

IRCC adheres to the “10 Principles for Assisting Applicants,” which are listed on the following website: www.cic.gc.ca/dutytoassist

This message is intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It contains privileged and confidential information which is not to be disclosed without the sender's express consent. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or an authorized representative thereof, please notify the sender by email and then destroy this message as well as all other existing copies.
Yes I have got the extension with this format and the deadline mentioned is June 11, 2021.

Everyday I was waiting in the past that I might get my GCMS before June 11, everyday was a fight with anxiety and look its already June 11.

GET GCMS also sent an email that I will get my GCMS set before June 11 lol,

Please don't suggest me to file a legal complain and etc, all I need is my GCMS SET.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Yes I have got the extension with this format and the deadline mentioned is June 11, 2021.

Everyday I was waiting in the past that I might get my GCMS before June 11, everyday was a fight with anxiety and look its already June 11.

GET GCMS also sent an email that I will get my GCMS set before June 11 lol,

Please don't suggest me to file a legal complain and etc, all I need is my GCMS SET.
Ok, sometimes the file can after the due date as well but it is incorrect for someone to give you advice that you WILL receive before the due date. May would have been more appropriate.

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016
Ok, sometimes the file can after the due date as well but it is incorrect for someone to give you advice that you WILL receive before the due date. May would have been more appropriate.
Should I wait for 1 more month if I didn't get it then will order another set from other GCMS body ?

What do you suggest ?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Should I wait for 1 more month if I didn't get it then will order another set from other GCMS body ?

What do you suggest ?
Hopefully you should receive it soon. Depending on your circumstance you can decide if you need another copy as the one you will receive now will likely be 120+ days old in terms of the status/updates made to the file. If you are looking for something specific you may also be able to get an answer by just using the web form

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016
Hopefully you should receive it soon. Depending on your circumstance you can decide if you need another copy as the one you will receive now will likely be 120+ days old in terms of the status/updates made to the file. If you are looking for something specific you may also be able to get an answer by just using the web form
That's 100% correct, is there any specific body who provide GCMS set within 30 days ?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
That's 100% correct, is there any specific body who provide GCMS set within 30 days ?
All requests are processed according to this manual

https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/access-information-privacy/access-information/access-information-manual.html#cha7

There was an issue until recently but changes have been put in place now, see

https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en/resources/reports-publications/access-issue-challenging-status-quo

Chapter 7 – Time Limits
7. 1 Statutory deadline
Section 7 of the Access to Information Act (the Act) requires the head of a government institution to respond to a request within 30 days after the request is received, subject to sections 8, 9, and 11 of the Access to InformationAct. The head of a government institution must:

• give the requester written notice as to whether or not access to the record or part thereof will be granted; and
  • if access is to be given, give the requester the record or appropriate part thereof.
In effect since September 2007, subsection 4(2.1) of the Access to InformationAct requires the head of a government institution to make every effort to provide timely access to the record requested. Although subsection 4(2.1) does not amend any of the Act’s deadline provisions, it requires that timely access be provided to the record within those deadlines as soon as processing has been finished.

7.1.1 Calculation of statutory deadline
The 30 days allowed by the Act are calendar days, as provided for in subsection 27(5) of the Interpretation Act. They are counted from the first day following receipt of a complete request in the appropriate office(s) named in Info Source. If the deadline falls on a weekend or on a holiday, the deadline for response, extension or other action becomes the next work day. In such cases, the notice of extension must be sent before or on that next work day.

When an extension is taken, the deadline is recalculated from the date of receipt of the request rather than from the original deadline.

Example
A request is received on November 23. The 30th day falls on Saturday, December 23. The next day that is not a holiday is December 27, which becomes the deadline, and the institution has 34 calendar days to process the request. When a 30-day extension is taken, the new deadline is calculated from November 23 (30 + 30 days), and the 60th day falls on January 22 of the next calendar year.

Reactions: Majid Nawaz

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016
All requests are processed according to this manual

https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/access-information-privacy/access-information/access-information-manual.html#cha7

There was an issue until recently but changes have been put in place now, see

https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en/resources/reports-publications/access-issue-challenging-status-quo

Chapter 7 – Time Limits
7. 1 Statutory deadline
Section 7 of the Access to Information Act (the Act) requires the head of a government institution to respond to a request within 30 days after the request is received, subject to sections 8, 9, and 11 of the Access to InformationAct. The head of a government institution must:

• give the requester written notice as to whether or not access to the record or part thereof will be granted; and
  • if access is to be given, give the requester the record or appropriate part thereof.
In effect since September 2007, subsection 4(2.1) of the Access to InformationAct requires the head of a government institution to make every effort to provide timely access to the record requested. Although subsection 4(2.1) does not amend any of the Act’s deadline provisions, it requires that timely access be provided to the record within those deadlines as soon as processing has been finished.

7.1.1 Calculation of statutory deadline
The 30 days allowed by the Act are calendar days, as provided for in subsection 27(5) of the Interpretation Act. They are counted from the first day following receipt of a complete request in the appropriate office(s) named in Info Source. If the deadline falls on a weekend or on a holiday, the deadline for response, extension or other action becomes the next work day. In such cases, the notice of extension must be sent before or on that next work day.

When an extension is taken, the deadline is recalculated from the date of receipt of the request rather than from the original deadline.

Example
A request is received on November 23. The 30th day falls on Saturday, December 23. The next day that is not a holiday is December 27, which becomes the deadline, and the institution has 34 calendar days to process the request. When a 30-day extension is taken, the new deadline is calculated from November 23 (30 + 30 days), and the 60th day falls on January 22 of the next calendar year.
Appreciated brother.

Reactions: caipsnotes

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016
Just received my gcms set

Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Not started
security: Not started
medical: Passed
Info sharing: Complete
Aor Sep 25,2020 @legalfalcon

Does my application on the right track,
Why my criminality is not started? @caipsnotes

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
I was supposed to receive my GCMS notes on May 25. They were from CBSA and I ordered them via getgcms. So far I have not received any news except that my notes have not been release yet and that getgcms team filed a status request with CBSA about 10 days ago but they still got no answer from them.

@legalfalcon Any suggestions on what should I do? Should I try to order notes from IRCC instead? I saw CBSA was organizing a strike so I am worried that once I receive my notes they will be too outdated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I was supposed to receive my GCMS notes on May 25. They were from CBSA and I ordered them via getgcms. So far I have not received any news except that my notes have not been release yet and that getgcms team filed a status request with CBSA about 10 days ago but they still got no answer from them.

@legalfalcon Any suggestions on what should I do? Should I try to order notes from IRCC instead? I saw CBSA was organizing a strike so I am worried that once I receive my notes they will be too outdated.
There is nothing to be concerned about. CBSA is very quick in reverting back and in some cases the delays may happen due to administrative reasons. Most often CBSA will revert back and release the GCMS notes. IF they do not, then a formal complaint has to be filed with the Office of the Information Commissioner.

Also, prior to COVID CBSA used to release the GCMS notes visa postal mail. They are now releasing them via email, however, in some cases the release may still happen via postal mail, which adds a few additional time for the notes to be released.

If you do not hear back by next week, send a reminder to GET GCMS.

Reactions: marinamuricy

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
There is nothing to be concerned about. CBSA is very quick in reverting back and in some cases the delays may happen due to administrative reasons. Most often CBSA will revert back and release the GCMS notes. IF they do not, then a formal complaint has to be filed with the Office of the Information Commissioner.

Also, prior to COVID CBSA used to release the GCMS notes visa postal mail. They are now releasing them via email, however, in some cases the release may still happen via postal mail, which adds a few additional time for the notes to be released.

If you do not hear back by next week, send a reminder to GET GCMS.
Thanks a lot, this really eased my mind!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
If your eligibility is passed, there is no reason to be concerned. Also, if your GCMS notes are old, there may have been progress after that. See the date of generation at the bottom of any page.

You can send a webform and inquire about the security and criminality.

Security is initiated after the eligibility is conclusively passed in most cases. So check your eligibility for that. see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Reactions: Majid Nawaz