+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

Kumr

Sep 10, 2020
@legalfalcon - I have recently ordered CBSA notes and yet to receive it. Will IRCC case analyst review it before sharing the notes?
The reason I ask is - my case was parked after R10 check. Criminality is passed and Eligibility is Recommended passed only after I ordered IRCC notes in the past! My assumption is case analyst looked into my case when IRCC notes were being processed!

Also, is there a time frame by when senior officer had to review the Eligibility to make it passed? My background check and Security are not yet initiated as Eligibility is still Recommended passed. Its been 40+ days since it is Recommended Passed and the Sr. Officer is yet to review it!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - I have recently ordered CBSA notes and yet to receive it. Will IRCC case analyst review it before sharing the notes?
The reason I ask is - my case was parked after R10 check. Criminality is passed and Eligibility is Recommended passed only after I ordered IRCC notes in the past! My assumption is case analyst looked into my case when IRCC notes were being processed!

Also, is there a time frame by when senior officer had to review the Eligibility to make it passed? My background check and Security are not yet initiated as Eligibility is still Recommended passed. Its been 40+ days since it is Recommended Passed and the Sr. Officer is yet to review it!
Requesting GCMS notes from either CBSA or IRCC has nothing to do with the processing of your application. They are independent processes. The GCMS notes are processed and released in accordance with the Access to Information Act, where as the processing of your application happens under the Immigration and Refugee Protection act by a different division.

Also, there is no time frame within which an application has to be reviewed by an officer. Nothing mandates that it has to be done in x amount of time.

Each application is processed on it own merits, based on factors such as its complexity, the visa office, the staffing issues etc. There are many applicants who have been waiting since early 2020 and even 2019 for a final decision on their application.

Kumr

Sep 10, 2020
Requesting GCMS notes from either CBSA or IRCC has nothing to do with the processing of your application. They are independent processes. The GCMS notes are processed and released in accordance with the Access to Information Act, where as the processing of your application happens under the Immigration and Refugee Protection act by a different division.

Also, there is no time frame within which an application has to be reviewed by an officer. Nothing mandates that it has to be done in x amount of time.

Each application is processed on it own merits, based on factors such as its complexity, the visa office, the staffing issues etc. There are many applicants who have been waiting since early 2020 and even 2019 for a final decision on their application.

Thankyou Legalfalcon

Reactions: legalfalcon

atiq722

Jul 6, 2020
@legalfalcon can you please help me review my GCMS notes what does it mean security: 2 is this deep security screening it showing due date next year what does it mean can you please explain thanks in advance.
my friend GCMS notes have the same info but under security: 1

PNP inland

SECURITY: 2
Created Date: 2021/02/10 09:46:05 Created By: AW03043
Updated Date: 2021/02/10 09:46:05 Updated By: AW03043
UCI #:
Family Name:
Given Name:
Type: Security
Validity Date:
Status Updated By: AW03043 Status Updated Date: 2021/02/10 Assigned By: AW03043
Assigned To: RC-6262
Due Date: 2022/02/10
Activity#: 1-LIJN1ZX

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

ROUP NAME: 1
Created Date: 2020/05/12 13:10:33 Created By: TC01133
Updated Date: 2020/05/21 07:53:17 Updated By: 8B01127
Group#: 1-KLBAAPV
Name:: PNP 11.2 Met - Ready for Security

OUTGOING: 1
Created Date: 2021/02/24 08:30:55
Created By: LJ9131
Updated Date: 2021/02/24 08:31 :16
Updated By: LJ9131
Created Office: Centralized Intake Office
UCI:
Party ID:
Correspondence ID: 2-66532165341
Organization ID:
Document#:
Document: Application Transferred / Demande transferee Type: Word
Family Nam

Given Name:
Assigned To: RC-6262
Assigned By: LJ9131
Due Date: 2021/02/24
All Items Rec'd: No
Via: Online
Via Details: Online/En ligne
Name: Status Updated By: LJ9131
Status Updated Date: 2021/02/24 Sent By:
Sent Date:
Printed By:
Printed Date:

ITEM(S) REQUESTED: 1
Created Date: 2021/02/24 08:30:55 Created By: LJ9131
Updated Date: 2021/02/24 08:31 :16 Updated By: LJ9131
Item: Kit, Application forms (what does it mean ?)
UCI:
Comment(s):
Due Date: 2021/02/24
Item For: PA

Last edited:

singhabhinandan90

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-11-2020
Hi Everyone,

I received my GCMS notes yesterday.

Eligibility - Not Started
Security - Not Started
Criminality - In Progress
Medical - Passed
Info - Sharing Complete

Now the Notes 1 section says the following :

https://ibb.co/8dX2DDH

In the end it says Review Required for two things:
1) Stat Question - I understand this part.
2) Residence in Saudi Arabia - This is probably because I worked in Saudi Arabia for some time but could not submit the PCC since they provide PCC to current residents only. The same info is on the Canadian govt website as well. Probably this is why Criminality is also in progress and not complete.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/saudi-arabia.html

Am I okay with this? or this is a problem for me?

@legalfalcon It would be of great help if you could ease my worries.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Everyone,

I received my GCMS notes yesterday.

Eligibility - Not Started
Security - Not Started
Criminality - In Progress
Medical - Passed
Info - Sharing Complete

Now the Notes 1 section says the following :

https://ibb.co/8dX2DDH

In the end it says Review Required for two things:
1) Stat Question - I understand this part.
2) Residence in Saudi Arabia - This is probably because I worked in Saudi Arabia for some time but could not submit the PCC since they provide PCC to current residents only. The same info is on the Canadian govt website as well. Probably this is why Criminality is also in progress and not complete.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/saudi-arabia.html

Am I okay with this? or this is a problem for me?

@legalfalcon It would be of great help if you could ease my worries.

Criminality is done not only by PCC, but starting in 2018, the biometrics are sent to RCMP. see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

It is very common to see criminality passed at one activity and not started or in progress, which simple indicates that your biometrics screening results from IRCC are not in.

Also, even if the criminality is in progress, other stages will continue to be processed.

Reactions: singhabhinandan90

ApplicantJuly2020

Mar 18, 2021
Fc1 ORG: blue principal applicant application promoted
Any idea what this means, I know fc1 is family class sponsorship what is org:blue?
And what this promoted means ?

mussadsar

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hello @legalfalcon ,
I had applied for CBSA last week and today I got a response as below: The email is quiet long, but just highlighting the concerned part.

We acknowledge receipt of your Access to Information Act request. Your request reads: “UCI for Spouse: xxxxxxxxxx Total Applicants:4 (primary applicant + spouse + 1 son + 1 daughter)

Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time, as we require additional information. Please provide our office with what specifically you are seeking access to. Are you seeking your traveller history, immigration file and/or GCMS notes.

Please be advised that your request will remain on hold until we receive the necessary information. We will keep your file in abeyance for 30 days. Should you not communicate with our office we will consider you request as abandoned.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this something normal what they have asked?

Tnx

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon ,
I had applied for CBSA last week and today I got a response as below: The email is quiet long, but just highlighting the concerned part.

We acknowledge receipt of your Access to Information Act request. Your request reads: “UCI for Spouse: xxxxxxxxxx Total Applicants:4 (primary applicant + spouse + 1 son + 1 daughter)

Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time, as we require additional information. Please provide our office with what specifically you are seeking access to. Are you seeking your traveller history, immigration file and/or GCMS notes.

Please be advised that your request will remain on hold until we receive the necessary information. We will keep your file in abeyance for 30 days. Should you not communicate with our office we will consider you request as abandoned.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this something normal what they have asked?

Tnx
You did not specify what you want from CBSA. IF you want GCMS notes, then respond to the email and ask for GCMs notes for your immigration file and provide file number and UCI number.

Reactions: mussadsar

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I have received my GCMS notes. I ordered them, through your webpage, on April 20th and they were generated on May 7th.

(I am PNP outland, AOR Nov 2nd, 2020)

The general status is :

Eligibility : Review required
Security : Not started
HIRV:
Criminality : in progress
Org crim:
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

There are two notes of interest:

Note 4
Note 5

I am a bit confused about the part dealing with the work experience where it seems that the analyst has split my experience as employee and then as self-employed. The reference letters I submitted stated clearly that I was not an employee.

Could this be the reason for the "Review required" ?

There is also a "review required" for a statutory question, but I don't know whether that would fall under "Eligibility" per se.

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Reactions: Mike@2019

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I have received my GCMS notes. I ordered them, through your webpage, on April 20th and they were generated on May 7th.

The general status is :

HIRV:
Org crim:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

Note 4
Note 5

I am a bit confused about the part dealing with the work experience where it seems that the analyst has split my experience as employee and then as self-employed. The reference letters I submitted stated clearly that I was not an employee.

There is also a "review required" for a statutory question, but I don't know whether that would fall under "Eligibility" per se.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Reactions: sgoldsmith

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon ,

The general status is :

HIRV:
Org crim:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

Note 4
Note 5

You may be right.

According to the notes, you are self employed in your second work experience. It only shows your title. It doesn't say who you work for, nor your job description, nor if it's consistent with your NOC.

Also, according to the notes, neither of the work experience letters are dated. That will also lead to a RR.

I'll advice you send a web form to clarify what you noticed in your notes and attached new work experience letters.

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
You may be right.

According to the notes, you are self employed in your second work experience. It only shows your title. It doesn't say who you work for, nor your job description, nor if it's consistent with your NOC.

Also, according to the notes, neither of the work experience letters are dated. That will also lead to a RR.

I'll advice you send a web form to clarify what you noticed in your notes and attached new work experience letters.
The weirdest part is that when I filled in the form post ITA, I listed only one work experience.

Now, it seems that when I created my EE profile, I put my name in the "Employer/company name" field as I was self-employed.

Post ITA, the check box "Self-employed" appeared. I checked it, but my name still showed up as "Employer/company name".

As far as the date are concerned, it beats me, because those letters I submitted were duly dated.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. It's nice to have a place to vent ;-)

Reactions: Mike@2019

mussadsar

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes is it possible that the verification of employment and employment details are not shown in both CBSA and GCMS notes, and still eligibility, security and criminality is passed? As of now, my GCMS and CBSA shows notes only by PA.

do they always highlight the employement detiails?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon is it possible that the verification of employment and employment details are not shown in both CBSA and GCMS notes, and still eligibility, security and criminality is passed? As of now, my GCMS and CBSA shows notes only by PA.

do they always highlight the employement detiails?
The eligibility will have CRS calculation which will have employment verification. IF you don't have it, that is quite strange a the note for that, unless redacted is quite exhaustive.