Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon ,can you please advice which service for GcMS or CBSA is responding without delays and within 30 days? i rcvd my last cbsa after 45 days in feb, therefore was thinking to check on the progress in these 3 months
Both IRCC and CBSA have to release the requested information within 30 days in accordance with section 7 of the access to Information act, which states:

Where access to a record is requested under this Part, the head of the government institution to which the request is made shall, subject to sections 8 and 9, within 30 days after the request is received,
However, lately IRCC was having delays, but for most cases now, IRCC to is releasing the GCMS within 30-35 days.

Also, in some cases CBSA may release the GCMS notes via postal mail, which adds 5-10 days to the processing time.

Also, each federal agency, can seek extensions, however, CBSA's extensions usually 30-60 days, where IRCC may seek longer extensions.

If you are planning on requesting GCMS notes, I would recommended CBSA. To read more, see https://bit.ly/3nrRaeK

Reactions: mussadsar

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes ,can you please advice which service for GcMS or CBSA is responding without delays and within 30 days? i rcvd my last cbsa after 45 days in feb, therefore was thinking to check on the progress in these 3 months
With IRCC it's almost as good as coin toss whether you will receive your GCMS file in 30 days or if it's going to take far longer (Some/one GCMS provider has disproportionately been receiving 90 day extensions, so beware from where you get gcms).

The unfortunate part is that IRCC has categorized 3rd party GCMS providers into tiers when it comes to extensions.

As a result some 3rd parties will fairly consistently receive 90 days extensions when you get gcms while others receive 60 day extensions if and when extensions are taken

These actions of IRCC were revealed in response to an ATIP request and are an undisputed fact.

CBSA on other hand has a better track; review this detailed comparison for requesting Gcms Notes from IRCC vs CBSA https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

You can try the new recommendation guide as well https://bit.ly/3vKoIbQ

Reactions: mussadsar

sam01297!

May 4, 2021
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes I received my GCMS notes recently. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

FSW Outland
AoR: November 30, 2020

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
Criminality: Passed
Medicals: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Completed
Final: Approved

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2021/04/12
Label Eligibility
Text: Officer review Eligibility passed Security and Crim passed meds valid for over 90 days issued x 1

NOTES: 2
Created Date: 2021/01/08
Label: EE Eligibility
Text: Program Assistant Review <7-8 lines about Medical, Language, Education, Police Certificate, R10 being met> Recommendation: Review required - Stat Questions ---- DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW ---- CLIENT Information

(I had a UK visitor visa refusal in 2016 which I had explained in detail in my application).

I read in few threads that review required on stat questions usually delays the process and applicant could recieve Schedule A form later.
However, basis Final Assessment shown as Approved and NOTE 1 below, can I assume everything's passed and next step would be PPR?

• Love
Reactions: Drillinglife

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes I received my GCMS notes recently. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

FSW Outland

ASSESSMENTS
Security:
Misrepresentation:

Label Eligibility
Text: Officer review Eligibility passed Security and Crim passed meds valid for over 90 days issued x 1

Text: Program Assistant Review <7-8 lines about Medical, Language, Education, Police Certificate, R10 being met> Recommendation: Review required - Stat Questions ---- DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW ---- CLIENT Information

(I had a UK visitor visa refusal in 2016 which I had explained in detail in my application).

I read in few threads that review required on stat questions usually delays the process and applicant could recieve Schedule A form later.
However, basis Final Assessment shown as Approved and NOTE 1 below, can I assume everything's passed and next step would be PPR?
Look no further when you see Final: Approved

Congratulations!

Reactions: upon

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019

FSW Outland

ASSESSMENTS
Security:
Misrepresentation:

Label Eligibility

Congratulations.
What's your visa office?

heydaydreamer

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020

FSW Outland

ASSESSMENTS
Security:
Misrepresentation:

Label Eligibility

Congrats! What does your group name say in your notes?

Truecopy20

Oct 7, 2020

FSW Outland

ASSESSMENTS
Security:
Misrepresentation:

Label Eligibility

Hello whats your country of Residence?

shiv92

Sep 17, 2020

FSW Outland

ASSESSMENTS
Security:
Misrepresentation:

Label Eligibility

congrats!!
This is the first approval I have seen for FSW O applicant in a long time, were you contacted by IRCC or NDVO during the processing?

heydaydreamer

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
@legalfalcon Is the consent form the same for IRCC and CBSA? I requested notes from IRCC about two months ago. I'm requesting CBSA notes this time. Do I have to provide another consent form to CBSA? Thanks!