+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
The offices mentioned in your GCMS are nothing to worry about. The application starts at CIO, and then will be transferred based on the work load distribution. Earlier all application saw the following:

CIO - CPC - LVO

However, now the files are send to different offices based on work load distribution and there is nothing to worry about. Moreover, the application are all electronic, it does not matter which office your application is at as long as there is progress.

Also these transfers are generated by SADMIN ~ System Administrator and have not been done manually.

Hope this helps!
what about the dates if creation and update ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
what about the dates if creation and update ?
You will need to compare them with your AoR. I will not be much concerned with them either if there is nothing alarming in the notes.

JackT

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
I received exactly the same reply today! No idea what it means - no answer to my question no nothing.
Jan 12, 2017 BC PNP
I dont know whats going on with the application ??? When this additional verification will finish ?? Even the background is still "Not Applicable".....And the Eligibility is Recommend Passed by Case Analyst.........

JackT

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Hi Legal,
I raised CSE 2 weeks Ago and I got the following reply....Please help me to understand the following reply....

UN MESSAGE EN FRANÇAIS SUIVRA.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

IRCC is always striving to improve our customer service. Rest assured that our priority is to answer your needs.

If your enquiry has yet to be answered via other channels such as our phone agents, paid representatives,community centres, etc., please write back to us using the IRCC Web form.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

· Download application forms and guides

· Change of address

· Check your application status

· Help Centre

We thank you for your understanding and patience as we seek to provide existing and future Canadians with the best client service.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

Note: The information provided may change without notice. If there is conflicting information between the text in the email and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act or their regulations, the Act and/or Regulations prevail. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. The information on the IRCC website is available in both official languages. The masculine form may have been used for convenience; it refers to both men and women.

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
Hi Legal,
I raised CSE 2 weeks Ago and I got the following reply....Please help me to understand the following reply....

Good day,

IRCC is always striving to improve our customer service. Rest assured that our priority is to answer your needs.

If your enquiry has yet to be answered via other channels such as our phone agents, paid representatives,community centres, etc., please write back to us using the IRCC Web form.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

· Change of address

· Help Centre

We thank you for your understanding and patience as we seek to provide existing and future Canadians with the best client service.

Sincerely,
www.cic.gc.ca

Note: The information provided may change without notice. If there is conflicting information between the text in the email and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act or their regulations, the Act and/or Regulations prevail. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. The information on the IRCC website is available in both official languages. The masculine form may have been used for convenience; it refers to both men and women.
This s basically a blank reply.... reason you must have recieved reply from other channels like over call or frm cpco email id...

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legal,

Good day,

· Change of address

· Help Centre

Sincerely,
www.cic.gc.ca

This is a generic reply everyone is receiving. IRCC is strictly enforcing for what purpose the CSE can be used:

You may use this form if:
  • You have submitted an application or profile.
  • Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times.
  • You wish to report important changes, such as a change in contact information, births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in employment, withdrawal of application, refund request, or urgent requests. If you are reporting a change in contact information, it will take 5 business days for it to be updated. During this time you should continue to monitor your old contact information.
  • You wish to add, change or cancel a representative and you are ready to upload your Use of Representative Form (IMM5476) or you authorize IRCC to release information from your case file and you are ready to upload your Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM5475).
  • You require urgent processing of your renewal/replacement Permanent Resident card. To be eligible for urgent processing, you must provide:
    • proof of travel (itinerary or ticket) that shows your full name, destination and travel dates;
    • proof of payment for the travel that shows the date you paid, the full amount you paid, and how you paid;
    • a letter explaining the reason for the urgency; and
    • proof of the urgency (e.g. a doctor’s note, death certificate, or letter from your employer).
  • You wish to report a technical issue with IRCC online services. Please select 'Technical Difficulty' as your application/enquiry type and ensure you provide:
    • type of application (work permit, study permit or visitor record, etc) in the 'Your enquiry' field;
    • approximate date that the application was submitted, if applicable, in the 'Your enquiry' field.
    • complete address (including the postal code) in the 'Your enquiry' field. If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses;
    • Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number, if you have one;
    • online application reference number, if you have one;
    • telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all;
    • screenshot(s), if possible.
If you do not fall in any of the above, IRCC is rejecting such CSEs

Reyvictoria

Mar 12, 2017
Cebu
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
App. Filed.......
Application mailed to CPC MISSISSAUGA on: 21-04-2017; Application received: 25-04-2017
Doc's Request.
NO Additional Documents
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
File Transfer...
File transfer: 01-06-2017; MVO received & Started Processing: 05-06-2017
Med's Request
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-05-2017
Passport Req..
SOON
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
SOON
Hello @legalfalcon
Can you share some ideas with regard to my gcms notes. Our gcms notes was generated on Aug. 8, 2017. We are under Spousal application. Our visa office is Manila, Philippines. On page 21, there is: s.16(1)(c) on the upper right hand corner. It is under ESDC and ASSOCIATIONS. Half of the page is blank. Then on page 22 on the upper right hand corner, there's s.15(1) then underneath that it says s.16(1)(c). Half of the page is almost blank again. Then it says GROUPS.

Our application is already Recommend Passed based on the notes.

My only question is: do you think they are processing my security and criminality?
Or it has not started yet.

I really appreciate your help and info. Thank you so much and God bless.

Last edited:

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hi legalfalcom,

How do I know when my security screening was started. My GCMS notes only show security screening one time under admisibilities section. It does not show any date there? Where do I need to check if it has started or not and at what date?

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
So I've just received an email from my local Canadian embassy that "Both yours and your wife’s police certificate have been uploaded to your application" (the embassy receives the police certificates directly from the police in my country).
Does anyone know what stage this means I'm in (details in signature)?

PS - they had our police certificates since before my AOR, I've checked it with them before sumbitting.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
So I've just received an email from my local Canadian embassy that "Both yours and your wife’s police certificate have been uploaded to your application" (the embassy receives the police certificates directly from the police in my country).
Does anyone know what stage this means I'm in (details in signature)?

PS - they had our police certificates since before my AOR, I've checked it with them before sumbitting.
you should move to BG = NA soon, so probably finishing your IP1. at NA your elligibility should start.

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
you should move to BG = NA soon, so probably finishing your IP1. at NA your elligibility should start.
I just realized something and I think I'm screwed, I was in the US for 2 months in 2008 (June-Aug), and then for another 5 months (Feb-July) in 2009, and it seems that I had to add the FBI certificate, which I didn't coz I thought it's only above 6 months. The thing is, the dates are listed in the LOE, not in the travel history page because it was too small....what to do? :( :( :(

edelahozd

Jan 31, 2017
Can somebody help me to understand this note? I ask for my sponsored the gcms notes but all info puted regarding her is missing or hide. Im just trying to realize in what stage we are into thnks

Notes 1:
Created : 2017 30 10 ( 6 weeks afyer relationship interview)
Created by: jk00002 (same agent who made relationship interview)
Office:
Bogota
Label:
General
Text: ADMISS REVIEW (space in black) File on PFIN: PPT, photos

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dear @legalfalcon,

I have got my second set of GCMS notes and Eligibility, medical and criminality all passed. But I got worried about the following:

1. s19.1 written at the top of many pages :((( I saw you wrote about s15.1, which is also present in my notes, bu I could not find anything on 19.1. Should I be worried?
2. My case is with LVO for a month or so. I have already received 3 requests for additional docs from LVO and submitted what they asked. The part against security is blank, but I guess my application is in Security check now, right?
3. Almost all info about my daughter, who is 16 years old is with 15.1 /16.1 or 19.1 marks and hidden... I am kind of confused why is that? Should have I got her consent for GCMS notes?
4. Under activity type i can see "Non compliance" with status: not started which is freaking me out... Id doesnt sound like a good thing, and I could not find a lot of people with the same thing in their GCMS notes. What do you think this can be in reference to?
5. My husband`s security status is: security screening :( is it the status that everybody is afraid of? and the one that can take quite long to process? :(

I would appreciate greatly if you could shed some light on any of the questions.

thanks in advance

Last edited:

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Legalfalcon, could you please share your thoughts about my situation?

According to gcms notes generated on July 25 my file was transferred to Warsaw vo on May 29. On August 10 I crossed 6 months and contacted Warsaw vo to ask the status of my file. They answered:"Please contact visa office in Sydney". After that I raised cse, e-mailed Ottawa (cause I don't have any contacts of Sydney vo), but received no answer. Finally I called IRCC and they informed me that they can't provide any info on my file cause it is in Warsaw vo! I have ordered gcms notes again but right now I can't figure out what's going on with my file.

Is it possible that it was sent from Warsaw back to Sydney? Why would they do it? And if so why IRCC told me that it is in Warsaw?

P.S. There is one more applicant from Warsaw vo who was also told to contact Sydney (same situation as mine).

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
Can you share some ideas with regard to my gcms notes. Our gcms notes was generated on Aug. 8, 2017. We are under Spousal application. Our visa office is Manila, Philippines. On page 21, there is: s.16(1)(c) on the upper right hand corner. It is under ESDC and ASSOCIATIONS. Half of the page is blank. Then on page 22 on the upper right hand corner, there's s.15(1) then underneath that it says s.16(1)(c). Half of the page is almost blank again. Then it says GROUPS.

Our application is already Recommend Passed based on the notes.

My only question is: do you think they are processing my security and criminality?
Or it has not started yet.

I really appreciate your help and info. Thank you so much and God bless.
To read on s15 / 26 see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

In the status update on page 2, do you see security as not started or blank. If it is blank then the security has started and you will see s15/16 on the top right. If it says not started, then it has not. If your eligibility has started then definitely the security has started.