Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello, my GCMS note was generated on 05/18. When should I order a new one to get as much info as possible?
My background check has been IP 2 for 2 weeks. I phoned CIC and 2 agents told me the same things: that my application was almost finished, there was not any issue and that it was now in final decision so I can expect PPR soon.
Should I understand that means I passed security check and eligibility check? Or their words just mean something in general?
Knowing that GCMS takes 1 month to generate note, I hope that I will get PPR in some days, I don't expect it in 1 month. Do they have a fastpass service such as complement notes for the first GCMS, because I don't need the notes from the beginning of my application.
IF you are at IP2 then your eligibility should most likely be recommended passed to finally passed. You will need GCMS to know about this for sure. What you decipher from what a call centre rep said, is up to you.

If your notes were generated 5/18, and eligibility was not passed, by now it should be, so it won't be a bad idea to order your notes. Unfortunately, there is no fastback for GCMS. All requests are completed within 30-45 days.

StonicStone

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017 (Passed: 20-04-2017)
Hello, my GCMS note was generated on 05/18. When should I order a new one to get as much info as possible?
My background check has been IP 2 for 2 weeks. I phoned CIC and 2 agents told me the same things: that my application was almost finished, there was not any issue and that it was now in final decision so I can expect PPR soon.
Should I understand that means I passed security check and eligibility check? Or their words just mean something in general?
Knowing that GCMS takes 1 month to generate note, I hope that I will get PPR in some days, I don't expect it in 1 month. Do they have a fastpass service such as complement notes for the first GCMS, because I don't need the notes from the beginning of my application.
Same boat as you-been on IP2 for over 2 weeks.
Wish you speedy PPR soon!

Reactions: Vivian_CND

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Same boat as you-been on IP2 for over 2 weeks.
Wish you speedy PPR soon!
The BGC is the most frustrating part of the whole process. This i because no one knows how it works, what they are looking for and its just takes too long sometimes even when the applicant doesn't have a travel history outside his country and has been in a private job.

The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>> https://goo.gl/7wQ5CT

This may be of some help.

Hang in there and soon you will see things move.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi legalfalcon,

I'm not a Canadian resident. I have a friend who is helping us in getting GCMS Notes. However, he is not technical & finding it difficult to fill online form.

Is it fine if I fill the form providing his address & phone number? I am planning to give my email address so that notes come directly to me (as he don't check emails frequently). Also, I will be using my International credit card to make payment.

Will it be considered illegal? Any other risk / issue in doing so?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon,

I'm not a Canadian resident. I have a friend who is helping us in getting GCMS Notes. However, he is not technical & finding it difficult to fill online form.

Is it fine if I fill the form providing his address & phone number? I am planning to give my email address so that notes come directly to me (as he don't check emails frequently). Also, I will be using my International credit card to make payment.

Will it be considered illegal? Any other risk / issue in doing so?
GCMS notes are issued under the Access to Information Act.

The act in section 4 states:

Access to Government Records
Right of Access

4 (1) Subject to this Act, but notwithstanding any other Act of Parliament, every person who is

• (a) a Canadian citizen, or
  • (b) a permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, has a right to and shall, on request, be given access to any record under the control of a government institution.
Now I cannot tell you what to do and how to do it. If you want to provide your email that is you choice, I cannot and will not endorse anything illegal. IRCC may in certain circumstances ask for proof of citizenship or permanent residence. If you impersonate a person whom you are not it is called FRAUD.

Fraud is defined in section 380 of the Canadian Criminal code

Fraud
  • 380 (1) Every one who, by deceit, falsehood or other fraudulent means, whether or not it is a false pretence within the meaning of this Act, defrauds the public or any person, whether ascertained or not, of any property, money or valuable security or any service,
    • (a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to a term of imprisonment not exceeding fourteen years, where the subject-matter of the offence is a testamentary instrument or the value of the subject-matter of the offence exceeds five thousand dollars; or
    • (b) is guilty

• (i) of an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or

• (ii) of an offence punishable on summary conviction,
      where the value of the subject-matter of the offence does not exceed five thousand dollars.

Minimum punishment
      (1.1) When a person is prosecuted on indictment and convicted of one or more offences referred to in subsection (1), the court that imposes the sentence shall impose a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of two years if the total value of the subject-matter of the offences exceeds one million dollars.

Now what and how you want to do is upto you.
      Its your life and your choice.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GCMS notes are issued under the Access to Information Act.

The act in section 4 states:

Access to Government Records
Right of Access

4 (1) Subject to this Act, but notwithstanding any other Act of Parliament, every person who is

• (a) a Canadian citizen, or
  • (b) a permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, has a right to and shall, on request, be given access to any record under the control of a government institution.
Now I cannot tell you what to do and how to do it. If you want to provide your email that is you choice, I cannot and will not endorse anything illegal. IRCC may in certain circumstances ask for proof of citizenship or permanent residence. If you impersonate a person whom you are not it is called FRAUD.

Fraud is defined in section 380 of the Canadian Criminal code

Fraud
  • 380 (1) Every one who, by deceit, falsehood or other fraudulent means, whether or not it is a false pretence within the meaning of this Act, defrauds the public or any person, whether ascertained or not, of any property, money or valuable security or any service,
    • (a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to a term of imprisonment not exceeding fourteen years, where the subject-matter of the offence is a testamentary instrument or the value of the subject-matter of the offence exceeds five thousand dollars; or
    • (b) is guilty

• (i) of an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or

• (ii) of an offence punishable on summary conviction,
      where the value of the subject-matter of the offence does not exceed five thousand dollars.

Minimum punishment
      (1.1) When a person is prosecuted on indictment and convicted of one or more offences referred to in subsection (1), the court that imposes the sentence shall impose a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of two years if the total value of the subject-matter of the offences exceeds one million dollars.

Now what and how you want to do is upto you.
      Its your life and your choice.
Thanks legalfalcon! I will guide him about how to fill a form & will also use his email address. I have no intention to impersonate him. I was just planning to fill the form on his behalf with his due permission, as he is not too tech savvy. Although I agree, probably it's not worth.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello, my medical is in review. My dependant had to go for further medicals. Will the gcms show the status
Medicals are done by Health Canada, a federal agency. The only thing you will see is a short note, but not much details. It will however show whether they have been passed, or if you were asked to re-do them.

nirzhor89

May 16, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-04-2017
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Ordered my GCMS from getgcms.com on May 29th. Received it today by email. Really prompt service from their side. Following is my status:

Primary office- Ottawa
Secondary office -CIO
Eligibility- Recommend Passed
Security- Not Started
Criminality- IP
Medical- Passed
Note generated - June 9th

*AOR - April 8th*

Any way of knowing if i am at Ip1 or ip2? Is it a bad thing that they haven't started my Security yet?

Thanks in advance

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Hi, I ordered GCMS today. Seems I have passed R10 check, Im NA and medical passed after a missing PC! It was received by CIC through CSE after 42 days only! Huh. Good thing I listened to the advice of all the good people here and didnt withdraw application. Thank you @legalfalcon, still journey is not over yet. Day 67 and counting!

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Guys i am thinking of ordering notes in a few days,are there any points to takecare of when ordering?? Thanks
You need UCI number and application number + your DOB.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.