+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

Paulosky

Aug 23, 2015
hi legalfalcon i was asked to submit additional documents AOR 25th may,medical passed the webform asked if my application is being processed outside canada,do i say no or yes? am from nigeria

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi legalfalcon i was asked to submit additional documents AOR 25th may,medical passed the webform asked if my application is being processed outside canada,do i say no or yes? am from nigeria
If your local visa office is Nigeria, then answer yes. It will not make much of a difference, as wherever your application is, the webform will be transmitted there.

Lyon37

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Hi - I would like some advice too. I just got my GCMS notes, with the following info under Activities:

ACTIVITY 1
UCI: xxxxxx
Name: xxxxxxx
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Security Screening
Field Name: Status
New Value: Not Started
Updated Date: 2017/06/03

ACTIVITY 2
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Security

And that's all there is on Security under these activities. Only the above two entries, with little information for Security and Not Started for Security Screening.

Does this mean that the screening is in progress? Or really that it still hasn't even started?!

On 3rd June 2017, my BG also went into IP2.

Thanks for your help!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi - I would like some advice too. I just got my GCMS notes, with the following info under Activities:

ACTIVITY 1
Updated Date: 2017/06/03

ACTIVITY 2
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Security

And that's all there is on Security under these activities. Only the above two entries, with little information for Security and Not Started for Security Screening.

Does this mean that the screening is in progress? Or really that it still hasn't even started?!

On 3rd June 2017, my BG also went into IP2.

Thanks for your help!
Your Security screening has started. The applicants with this notes, "Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Security Screening" - are seeing extended waiting times for security as the application is sent to cSIS and CBSA, which takes additional time.

Lyon37

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Your Security screening has started. The applicants with this notes, "Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Security Screening" - are seeing extended waiting times for security as the application is sent to cSIS and CBSA, which takes additional time.
Thanks for confirming this @legalfalcon ! I hope that this at least means that SS has been in process for at least two months now...

My Criminality for 3 PCCs is also passed and under Information Sharing, it says that they shared info with the US and received the status: NRT. I hope this means that its been going on for longer than 2 months... This status was received in March.

Humblemoi

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon

I have received my ordered which was requested for on the 13th July and generated on 4th August and received 11th August, 2017.

AOR - 7th April
Stream - PNPOutland
Visa Office - London

Paper file:
Application number: #######

Application Assignment:
Asigned to: #####
Assigned by: #####
Due Date: 23rd June

Assessment:
PNP status: Accepted - updated 7th April
Eligibility: Passed - updated: 24th May
Security:
Criminality: Passed - updated 24th May
Medical: Passed - requested 24th May (Passed 3rd June)

one page has s.15(1)
Field name: Security Field name: Eligibility Field name: Criminality Field name: Medical
Action: Updated Action: Updated Action: Updated Action: Updated
Old value: Not Started Old value: Not Started Old value: Not Started Old value: In Progress
**Blank** New Value: Passed New Value: Passed New Value: Passed

Officer's initial assessment: Sched 4 provided. Fund $13k. Civil/I.D docs appear in order. Applicant(s) has/have not identified any qualifying dependents for examination. Note: Should additional dependants be sponsorsed at a later date they will be excluded as per R117(9)(d). Clear PCCs provided. Test result overall, Band 7.0 ......pls reqst: meds.

My GC key account are showing below information:
1. Application status:We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
2. Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
3. Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
4. Review of additional documents: We need more documents to continue processing your application.We will send you a message with more details
5. Interview:
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this change.
6. Background Check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
7.Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Note: 4. Review of additional documents: [Previously - 2 days ago] We do not need additional documents.

Kindly help me understand this, especially the bold

Thank you.

Paulosky

Aug 23, 2015
Hi @legalfalcon

I have received my ordered which was requested for on the 13th July and generated on 4th August and received 11th August, 2017.

AOR - 7th April
Stream - PNPOutland
Visa Office - London

Paper file:

Application Assignment:

Assessment:
Security:

one page has s.15(1)
Field name: Security Field name: Eligibility Field name: Criminality Field name: Medical
Old value: Not Started Old value: Not Started Old value: Not Started Old value: In Progress

Officer's initial assessment: Sched 4 provided. Fund $13k. Civil/I.D docs appear in order. Applicant(s) has/have not identified any qualifying dependents for examination. Note: Should additional dependants be sponsorsed at a later date they will be excluded as per R117(9)(d). Clear PCCs provided. Test result overall, Band 7.0 ......pls reqst: meds.

1. Application status:We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
2. Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
4. Review of additional documents: We need more documents to continue processing your application.We will send you a message with more details
5. Interview:
6. Background Check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
7.Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Note: 4. Review of additional documents: [Previously - 2 days ago] We do not need additional documents.

Thank you.
hi i am AOR may 25th when did your background check go in progress

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
Hi Legalfalcon ..
My Security screening has started and shows 4 activities with Security Screening mentioned like below.

Activity: 1
UCI: XXXXXX
Name: XXXXX,XXXXXXX

Activity: 2

Activity: 3

Activity: 4
Updated Date: 2017/04/27
Updated By: XXXXXX
Office: CPC-Ottawa

My wife's Security is passed as she has no Sub-activities column at all.

How many sub-activities have to be there to get Security Passed and then get PPR request? My BGIP2 date change was also 27-Apr-2017.

Thank you.

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @legalfalcon

AOR - 7th April
Stream - PNPOutland
Visa Office - London

Paper file:

Application Assignment:

Assessment:
Security:

one page has s.15(1)

5. Interview:

Thank you.

Hi Humblemoi

Can you share your details timeline?

In which Provincial category did you apply ?

I am surprised to see that as an April applicant your background check went in progress!

I am 28th April AOR. So there might be some hope for me ...:)

Humblemoi

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Hi Humblemoi

Can you share your details timeline?

In which Provincial category did you apply ?

I am surprised to see that as an April applicant your background check went in progress!

I am 28th April AOR. So there might be some hope for me ...:)
Hello @lildip,

Category is - PNP.O - Paper application
I was thankful it started quite early and i hope it remains a swift process. Fingers crossed you should get an update soon, where is your visa office though?

Reyvictoria

Mar 12, 2017
Cebu
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
App. Filed.......
Application mailed to CPC MISSISSAUGA on: 21-04-2017; Application received: 25-04-2017
Doc's Request.
NO Additional Documents
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
File Transfer...
File transfer: 01-06-2017; MVO received & Started Processing: 05-06-2017
Med's Request
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-05-2017
Passport Req..
SOON
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
SOON
Hello @legalfalcon

Can you help us by giving some ideas with regard to our gcms notes and when should we expect our PPR? We are under Spousal program. Our visa office is in Manila Philippines. Our application was received on April 25, 2017 at CPC-Mississauga. CPC-Mississauga requested for medical sometime in May and it is already passed. Then we received email from CPC-Mississauga that our application was already forwarded to Visa office in Manila Philippines for further processing and received on June 5, 2017 by Manila Visa Office. Then on June 7, 2017, we received request letter via email from Manila Visa Office requesting for the Principal Applicant's NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) Certificate and AOM (Advisory on Marriages). We emailed them back that we already included the said documents in our application and later confirmed that they have those documents already and just disregard their request. Since then, we never heard anything from them so we requested gcms notes on July 15, 2017 and received it on August 16, 2017. We will really appreciate your thoughts about our gcms notes as to when should we expect to finish the Security and Criminality to finished? Eligibility says "Recommend Passed" already.

ELIGIBILITY:

ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT

ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT: 1
Created Date: 2017/05/23 12:02:41
Created by: DDxxxxx
Updated Date: 2017/06/06 20:07:19
Updated by: LDxxxxx
UCI: xxxxxxxxxx
Family Name: xxx
Given Name: xxxx xxxxxxxx
Type: Eligibility
Version: 2010-06
Conditional:
Status update by: LDxxxxx
Status Updated date: 2017/06/07
Due date: 2018/05/23
Assigned to: RC-xxxx
Assigned by: DDxxxxx
Activity #: 2-NVKNGVK
Total Points:

ADMISSIBILITIES

SECURITY

SECURITY: 1
Created Date: 2017/05/23 12:02:43
Updated Date: 2017/05/23 12:02:43
Updated by: DDxxxxx
Type: Security
Validity Date:
Status update by: DDxxxxx
Status Updated date: 2017/05/23
Activity #: 2-NVKNGVZ

CRIMINALITY
CRIMINALITY: 1
Created Date: 2017/05/23 12:02:42
Updated Date: 2017/05/23 12:02:42
Updated by: DDxxxxx
Type: Criminality
Validity Date:
Status Update by: DDxxxxx
Status Updated date: 2017/05/23
Activity #: 2-NVKNGVS

MEDICAL
MEDICAL:1
Created Date: 2017/05/19 12:24:38
Created by: VTxxxxx
Updated Date: 2017/06/02 06:28:54
Updated by: WBXXXX
Type: Medical
Validity Date: 2018/06/02
Status Updated by: WMXXXX
Status Updated Date: 2017/06/02
Assigned by: VTxxxxx
Due date: 2018/05/19
Activity #: 2-NVKNGVS
IME #: xxxxxxxxx
UMI:
Assessed For: All
IME Status: Assessed
Reason for Closure: Granted
RMO:
M Profile: 1
Description: No health Impairment sufficient to prevent admission for medical reasons under Section 38 (1)(a)
S Profile: 1
Description: No Surveillance Required.
MOF Rationale Exists: No
MOF Review:
Valid until: 2018/06/02

INFO SHARING:
INFO SHARING:1
Created Date: 2017/05/19 12:24:39
Created by: VTxxxxx
Updated Date: 2017/05/19 12:33:41
Updated by: EAIXXXX