17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
Please I need your advice. I ordered for a GCMS note through a friend who lives in Canada. The order was placed on the 30th of May, 2021, however, I am yet to get the notes. What do you suggest I do?

I am in the dark about my application. I do not know the stage or my VO. Please help.
Delays with IRCC are common.

In the email that you would have received after you submitted your request, there is an email id you can contact the IRCC ATIP division and inquire about the status of your request. The person who filed the request, i.e. the requestor should contact IRCC.

If you do not hear anything from IRCC, which too is common, then the only recourse is to file a formal complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner. See https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en/submitting-complaint

In most cases, IRCC will release the GCMS notes within 45-60 days.

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
I would say the amount of help you are providing on this forum, you surely deserve to accumulate fortune.

Is there any way to know the question? He had ordered GCMS+ which came will all the documents.
Sometimes, in that situation, the case analyst lists the question that triggered the "review required" in the notes.

itsnavn

Jul 13, 2021
Hi, I received my gcms notes today. applied on 16 june. FSW-outland single applicant
AOR- Oct2020 CoR -India
Eligibility-Passed
Security-Not started
Criminality-Passed
Org crime- blank
medical- passed
Misinterpretation-blank
Info sharing-complete
Final -blank
Primary Vo -Cpc ottawa , Secondary- CIO

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
If you have been deported and you are no longer physically in Canada you cannot request your GCMS notes under either the Privacy Act or the Access to Information Act.

Access to information act:
Right to access to records

• 4(1) Subject to this Part, but notwithstanding any other Act of Parliament, every person who is
  • has a right to and shall, on request, be given access to any record under the control of a government institution.
  • Marginal note:
Extension
2 The right to be given access under subsection 4(1) of the Access to Information Act to records under the control of a government institution is hereby extended to include all individuals who are present in Canada but who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and all corporations that are present in Canada.

PRIVACY ACT:

Right of access

• 12 (1) Subject to this Act, every individual who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Acthas a right to and shall, on request, be given access to
    • (a) any personal information about the individual contained in a personal information bank; and
    • (b) any other personal information about the individual under the control of a government institution with respect to which the individual is able to provide sufficiently specific information on the location of the information as to render it reasonably retrievable by the government institution.
  • 2 The right to be given access to personal information under subsection 12(1) of the Privacy Act is hereby extended to include all individuals present in Canada to whom that right has not been extended previously.

You will have to request someone who meets the above criteria to request you information. See https://bit.ly/36yGUd5
Thank you for your kind reply, yes I have family member who is Citizen of Canada. He will be able to request GCMS notes for me. I am just not sure which option to chose? Are they both same AITP and Privacy Act?, also as my previous question. As I have had multiple history with IRCC, is there a way to get all info under one file or I have to order individual GCMS notes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for your kind reply, yes I have family member who is Citizen of Canada. He will be able to request GCMS notes for me. I am just not sure which option to chose? Are they both same AITP and Privacy Act?, also as my previous question. As I have had multiple history with IRCC, is there a way to get all info under one file or I have to order individual GCMS notes.

You cannot use the Privacy act if you are requesting the info of someone else. Privacy act is only to request you own personal info.

All you have to mention is the application number for which you want the record. See https://bit.ly/3kvSde3

Sola89

Sep 22, 2020
Hi, I received my gcms notes today. applied on 16 june. FSW-outland single applicant
AOR- Oct2020 CoR -India
Eligibility-Passed
Security-Not started
Criminality-Passed
Org crime- blank
medical- passed
Misinterpretation-blank
Info sharing-complete
Final -blank

Hi
In your Access to Information and Personal Information Request Form, in the Select Information you would like to receive, did you choose:
Permanent residence
or
Express entry profile?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi
In your Access to Information and Personal Information Request Form, in the Select Information you would like to receive, did you choose:
Permanent residence
or
Express entry profile?

If you have submitted your application, select Permanent residency.

Reactions: Sola89

Krunal P

Nov 3, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon ,
As per the GCMS notes,
Eligibility , security and criminality are passed.
my primary visa office is fedriction, New brunswick.
And secondary office is Domestic RO.
So my question is,
I am in ontario.
Why my visa office is fedriction, new brunswick.
It supposed to be local visa office (in ontario) right?
And my secondary office is Domestic RO.
What is meaning of that?.
Please help.
All the stage in my file are passed since December and waiting for final decision from last 7 months.
Thank you in advance for your time and help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,
As per the GCMS notes,
Eligibility , security and criminality are passed.
my primary visa office is fedriction, New brunswick.
And secondary office is Domestic RO.
So my question is,
I am in ontario.
Why my visa office is fedriction, new brunswick.
It supposed to be local visa office (in ontario) right?
And my secondary office is Domestic RO.
What is meaning of that?.
Please help.
All the stage in my file are passed since December and waiting for final decision from last 7 months.
Thank you in advance for your time and help.
Files can be processed at any visa office across the IRCC network, which largely depends on the workload and the specialization required. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html

Chirusua

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hi! Was wondering did you get any ghost updates connected to your passed eligibility? What does the background check status say? In progress or we are processing?

AOR- Oct2020 CoR -India
Eligibility-Passed
Security-Not started
Criminality-Passed
Org crime- blank
medical- passed
Misinterpretation-blank
Info sharing-complete
Final -blank

Rkb94

Jul 22, 2021
Hello all,

I recently ordered my gcms notes and I am not able to understand what Exempt CDA PR means for info sharing status for all partner countries.
Could anyone help me understanding this?

The overall status for Info Sharing is complete though.

I am FSW outland applicant.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello all,

I recently ordered my gcms notes and I am not able to understand what Exempt CDA PR means for info sharing status for all partner countries.
Could anyone help me understanding this?

The overall status for Info Sharing is complete though.

I am FSW outland applicant.

Were you exempt from giving biometrics?

Permanent residence to temporary residence
  • Permanent residence applicants are required to enrol their biometrics in support of every application (even if the applicant has valid biometrics enrolled under the temporary resident stream). When foreign nationals have provided their biometrics in support of a permanent residence application, asylum claim or overseas refugee resettlement application, as long as the application or claim is still open, they are not required to provide new biometrics in support of a
    • TRV
    • work or study permit
    • TRP application
    • temporary residence extension
  • Permanent residents who lose their status, due to residency requirements or voluntary renouncement of their permanent resident status, revert back to being a foreign national and, therefore, are required to provide their biometrics in support of any new applications.