+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Any help will be appreciated, please answer to best of your knowledge.

Should I apply for GCMS Notes under AITP or Privacy Act, is there a difference?

I am ordering notes for following reasons since I have been:

Refusal of Refugee case
Refusal of humanitarian
Refusal of Visitor visa
Refusal of pre-removal risk assessment

I have been deported, need to get more info on how to apply for ARC so should I order

Rehabilitation (For persons who are inadmissible to Canada)

Do I have to apply individual records or will all records of my entire IRCC history can come in file?

What option should I chose under "What type of record would you like to request?"

Please help, thanks!

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon i just received my gcms notes (with the updated format) and it mostly looks ok, with just a minor concern. in the person page (page 2) i can see my criminality status as in-progress (pending rcmp fingerprints which i submitted already), but nothing for my spouse (her criminality column is blank). info-sharing in progress for both.

i can see in notes below (one of the final pages) the part where they determined rcmp fingerprints required for only for PA (not for spouse) -- so can i assume her criminality is ok or should i be concerned about the blank criminality status for dependant?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon i just received my gcms notes (with the updated format) and it mostly looks ok, with just a minor concern. in the person page (page 2) i can see my criminality status as in-progress (pending rcmp fingerprints which i submitted already), but nothing for my spouse (her criminality column is blank). info-sharing in progress for both.

i can see in notes below (one of the final pages) the part where they determined rcmp fingerprints required for only for PA (not for spouse) -- so can i assume her criminality is ok or should i be concerned about the blank criminality status for dependant?

Not all individuals need RCMP PCC. This because when you provide the biometrics, they are shared with RCMP anyway. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

However, some individuals are still required to get a RCMP check done.

If you see the column as blank, no need to be concerned.

Reactions: amairena95

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Any help will be appreciated, please answer to best of your knowledge.

Should I apply for GCMS Notes under AITP or Privacy Act, is there a difference?

I am ordering notes for following reasons since I have been:

Refusal of Refugee case
Refusal of humanitarian
Refusal of Visitor visa
Refusal of pre-removal risk assessment

I have been deported, need to get more info on how to apply for ARC so should I order

Rehabilitation (For persons who are inadmissible to Canada)

Do I have to apply individual records or will all records of my entire IRCC history can come in file?

What option should I chose under "What type of record would you like to request?"

Please help, thanks!
If you have been deported and you are no longer physically in Canada you cannot request your GCMS notes under either the Privacy Act or the Access to Information Act.

Access to information act:
Right to access to records

• 4 (1) Subject to this Part, but notwithstanding any other Act of Parliament, every person who is
  • has a right to and shall, on request, be given access to any record under the control of a government institution.
  • Marginal note:
Extension
2 The right to be given access under subsection 4(1) of the Access to Information Act to records under the control of a government institution is hereby extended to include all individuals who are present in Canada but who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and all corporations that are present in Canada.

PRIVACY ACT:

Right of access

• 12 (1) Subject to this Act, every individual who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act has a right to and shall, on request, be given access to
    • (a) any personal information about the individual contained in a personal information bank; and
    • (b) any other personal information about the individual under the control of a government institution with respect to which the individual is able to provide sufficiently specific information on the location of the information as to render it reasonably retrievable by the government institution.
  • 2 The right to be given access to personal information under subsection 12(1) of the Privacy Act is hereby extended to include all individuals present in Canada to whom that right has not been extended previously.

You will have to request someone who meets the above criteria to request you information. See https://bit.ly/36yGUd5

itsnavn

Jul 13, 2021
Hi, I am new here but been reading these discussions from the last few months.
I ordered my gcms notes on 16 june 2021 from thegcmsonline, and today i got an email from them after about a month stating that Your order for thegcmsonline is now complete. We have finished processing your order followed by payment details,application number, DOB,Thanks for shopping with us.
Please @legalfalcon could you tell me whta does it mean? Have they got generated or its just the payment completion?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, I am new here but been reading these discussions from the last few months.
I ordered my gcms notes on 16 june 2021 from thegcmsonline, and today i got an email from them after about a month stating that Your order for thegcmsonline is now complete. We have finished processing your order followed by payment details,application number, DOB,Thanks for shopping with us.
Please @legalfalcon could you tell me whta does it mean? Have they got generated or its just the payment completion?

You will have to contact the website where you ordered form and ask what is this about.

Reactions: itsnavn and upon

itsnavn

Jul 13, 2021
You will have to contact the website where you ordered form and ask what is this about.
Hi, thanks for the reply.
Yes i contacted them and they sent me this-

We recall this email. Your application is still in process and due to some technical error the order was marked as complete. We have changed the status again to processing.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Best regards,

Chintan31

Sep 16, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10/09/20
Med's Done....
12/10/20
Passport Req..
18/12/20
Hello @legalfalcon.

My friend got his GCMS today. His AOR is 30th November 2020.
His second page shows Eligible and security as not started.

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started Security: Not Started HIRV:

Criminality: Passed Org Crime:

Medical: Passed Misrepresentation:

Info Sharing: Complete Other Reqs:

Final:
In last few pages this is visible:

FSW I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. MIN.SCORE: 475 CRS SCORE: 477 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI Spouse Application Promoted: New UCI SP: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified -----LANGUAGES-----
Principal Applicant English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified Spouse English- IELTS and Verified -----

EDUCATION Primary Applicant ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed
on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master's degree Foreign credential provided Spouse ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Bachelor's degree (four years) Foreign credential provided -----POLICE CERTIFICATE Primary Applicant Australia police certificate:
Provided-NRT India police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK RECOMMENDATION: PASS Criminality Spouse India police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Review Required - Stat Questions -----AGE-----
Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR ----DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW Client
Information

If you can help @legalfalcon.
Thanks in advance.

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon.

ASSESSMENTS

Final:

FSW I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. MIN.SCORE: 475 CRS SCORE: 477 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI Spouse Application Promoted: New UCI SP: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified -----LANGUAGES-----
Principal Applicant English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified Spouse English- IELTS and Verified -----

EDUCATION Primary Applicant ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed
on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master's degree Foreign credential provided Spouse ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Bachelor's degree (four years) Foreign credential provided -----POLICE CERTIFICATE Primary Applicant Australia police certificate:
Provided-NRT India police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK RECOMMENDATION: PASS Criminality Spouse India police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Review Required - Stat Questions -----AGE-----
Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR ----DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW Client
Information

Thanks in advance.
I
This is the completeness check (R10) : IRCC has confirmed that all the necessary documents are there and the application is ready to move on to the eligibility review.

The "review required" recommendation is because your friend's spouse had to reply "Yes" to one of the statutory questions (the ones about prior visa refusals, etc.). This is standard procedure.

Reactions: Chintan31 and upon

Chintan31

Sep 16, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10/09/20
Med's Done....
12/10/20
Passport Req..
18/12/20
I
This is the completeness check (R10) : IRCC has confirmed that all the necessary documents are there and the application is ready to move on to the eligibility review.

The "review required" recommendation is because your friend's spouse had to reply "Yes" to one of the statutory questions (the ones about prior visa refusals, etc.). This is standard procedure.
Will it affect the application?

So do you reckon it will take some time to get approved?
Eligibility has not started?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon.

ASSESSMENTS

Final:

Information

Thanks in advance.
This is the note that pertains to R10 or the completeness check. This is the first stage of an application.

After this your eligibility will start.

Reactions: Chintan31

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Will it affect the application?

So do you reckon it will take some time to get approved?
Eligibility has not started?
If I could tell the time it would take, I could make a fortune on this forum ;-)

Now, seriously, it does mean indeed that the Eligibility was yet to start at the time the notes were generated.

It will affect the application only in the sense that the officer will have to look into the reasons of the visa refusal (or whatever other questions that got a "Yes" answer)

Reactions: Chintan31

Chintan31

Sep 16, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10/09/20
Med's Done....
12/10/20
Passport Req..
18/12/20
This is the note that pertains to R10 or the completeness check. This is the first stage of an application.

After this your eligibility will start.
Thank you so much.

Chintan31

Sep 16, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10/09/20
Med's Done....
12/10/20
Passport Req..
18/12/20
If I could tell the time it would take, I could make a fortune on this forum ;-)

Now, seriously, it does mean indeed that the Eligibility was yet to start at the time the notes were generated.

It will affect the application only in the sense that the officer will have to look into the reasons of the visa refusal (or whatever other questions that got a "Yes" answer)
I would say the amount of help you are providing on this forum, you surely deserve to accumulate fortune.

Is there any way to know the question? He had ordered GCMS+ which came will all the documents.

Reactions: dhruvbajaj39

Tee23

Nov 10, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon
Please I need your advice. I ordered for a GCMS note through a friend who lives in Canada. The order was placed on the 30th of May, 2021, however I am yet to get the notes. What do you suggest I do?

I am in the dark about my application. I do not know the stage or my VO. Please help.