CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
Where can i check PRBIO information ?

I've last status updated as ADM/Biometrics
Text : Photograph captured
In GCMS notes, there is a "special program: PRBIO". I can only speculate that PRBIO means that the officer needs to flip the status of biometric exempt people manually

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
In GCMS notes, there is a "special program: PRBIO". I can only speculate that PRBIO means that the officer needs to flip the status of biometric exempt people manually
@vik2595

Example from the GCMS system where such information is captured

* The data in this screenshot is not real data and shown for presentation purposes only

Reactions: vik2595

Vvek

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes .

I just received my GCMS notes and hope you could help me understand it better.

1. I can't find the office processing my application. My GCMS states primary & secondary offices but don't know where is my application being processed at the moment. Could you please help me understand what is primary and secondary offices? When will the application move to Local Vo for PNP applicants.

2. Summary of my application shows eligibility as Passed, however it has not yet been reviewed by officer. Can Case processing Agent pass an application?

The notes from Case Processing Agent: Here the Recommendation from Case Processing agent is not "Recommended Passed" like the recommendations from "Case Analyst". Instead he has written "Appears to meet requirements".

3. Although my assessment summary shows Info Sharing as "Complete", in the individual section status is showing "No Fingerprints". Is it an issue?

4. In my biometrics, my fingerprints is showing "Poor Quality". How do I know if my fingerprints have been accepted? Does Infosharing complete means they have accepted my fingerprints? Does Poor Quality affect my application in any way? The VFS have written a note in GCMS stating" All fingers are showing red reason being dry skin condition".

5. My proof of fund was wrongly assessed by Case processing Agent. I had 13500 CAD as a proof of fund but the agent calculated my fund with INR to CAD exchange rate wheras my fund was in Nepalese Rupee. This way they have assessed my POF as 22128 CAD instead of 15500 CAD. Will this have any impact on my application?

6. What is the difference in the assessment done by "CASE ANALYST" and "CASE PROCESSING AGENT"?

Last edited:

mussadsar

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Dear @legalfalcon @caipsnotes ,
In my GCMS, there is a section called "research". There are total 5 research activities and the top 4 are having similar data (except status reason and last update date. Each research has a new date) as follows

Research 1 - 4:
Participate: No
App Status: Candidate
App Status Reason: Research 1-3 are shown as "Active" but 4th shows as "Pending"
UCI: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Type: Voluntary Research Question
Last Update date: (different dates for each research bw19/06/2019 - 06/03/2019)
Last Updated by:

Questions: 0

5th research is an updated one as follows:

Research 5:
App Status Reason: Application received
Last Update date: 22/02/2020
Last Updated by:

Can you please help what does the above refer to?

Tnx

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I just received my GCMS notes and hope you could help me understand it better.

1. I can't find the office processing my application. My GCMS states primary & secondary offices but don't know where is my application being processed at the moment. Could you please help me understand what is primary and secondary offices? When will the application move to Local Vo for PNP applicants.

2. Summary of my application shows eligibility as Passed, however it has not yet been reviewed by officer. Can Case processing Agent pass an application?

The notes from Case Processing Agent: Here the Recommendation from Case Processing agent is not "Recommended Passed" like the recommendations from "Case Analyst". Instead he has written "Appears to meet requirements".

3. Although my assessment summary shows Info Sharing as "Complete", in the individual section status is showing "No Fingerprints". Is it an issue?

4. In my biometrics, my fingerprints is showing "Poor Quality". How do I know if my fingerprints have been accepted? Does Infosharing complete means they have accepted my fingerprints? Does Poor Quality affect my application in any way? The VFS have written a note in GCMS stating" All fingers are showing red reason being dry skin condition".

5. My proof of fund was wrongly assessed by Case processing Agent. I had 13500 CAD as a proof of fund but the agent calculated my fund with INR to CAD exchange rate wheras my fund was in Nepalese Rupee. This way they have assessed my POF as 22128 CAD instead of 15500 CAD. Will this have any impact on my application?

6. What is the difference in the assessment done by "CASE ANALYST" and "CASE PROCESSING AGENT"?
1. The primary office is where most of the application processing will happen. However, the application may be sent to secondary office(s) and when they were sent is listed on page 2-3 with the dates. Also, when you see the notes they will have to office that entered the note and the date which is another indication where your application as processed.

2. See my previous post on this at #4,004

3. & 4 in some cases the fingerprints are not captured or are of poor quality. IRCC has a protocol when this happens or the finder prints are not captured due to a skin condition.

Canadian Immigration Biometric Identification System (CIBIDS) poor quality fingerprints
CIBIDS accepts poor quality fingerprints and provides real-time feedback to advise officers when a poor quality fingerprint has been taken.

When CIBIDS advises officers of a poor quality fingerprint, the officer should attempt to take the fingerprint again.

However, the officer can also choose to accept the poor quality fingerprint. The officer must select the appropriate reason for why a poor quality fingerprint was accepted. Officers have the option of including additional notes and should define and record alternative reasons for the acceptance, where appropriate.

The information is displayed in the Global Case Management System (GCMS) and is visible to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) officer assessing the application.

RCMP poor quality fingerprints
RCMP will not send a response when the quality of the fingerprints is too poor to perform a search.

The poor quality fingerprint will display on GCMS as an error transaction.

There are 2 options for the IRCC officer processing the application in this scenario:

• request that applicants provide their biometric information again
  • obtain the approval of the migration program manager or operations manager to process the application without the results of the fingerprint check and clearly indicate this choice in the case notes in GCMS.
If approval is obtained, the officer may limit a permit’s validity and number of allowed entries when an applicant provides poor quality fingerprints.

Temporary conditions and poor quality biometrics
In cases where an applicant’s physical condition prevents the officer from obtaining good quality fingerprints or a good quality photograph, either of the following scenarios can take place:

• the officer may defer the biometric enrolment until the applicant’s condition improves, if there is a reasonable expectation of improvement in a short time
  • the applicant may choose to defer the biometric enrolment until the condition improves
Officers should check the window of time an applicant has to enrol. If the enrolment period specified in the Biometric Instruction Letter will be exceeded, the applicant must notify IRCC.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/administration/fingerprints.html

To read on conditions that interfere and the protocol see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/conditions.html

5. You can send a webform and clarify, but as long as you have over the required PoF, there is no need to worry.

6. Under and officer there are many assistants and analysts who make notes and review documents. It will depend on the content of the notes. For the duties of each, you can search for job openings and their specific duties.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon
In my GCMS, there is a section called "research". There are total 5 research activities and the top 4 are having similar data (except status reason and last update date. Each research has a new date) as follows

Research 1 - 4:
App Status Reason: Research 1-3 are shown as "Active" but 4th shows as "Pending"
Last Update date: (different dates for each research bw19/06/2019 - 06/03/2019)
Last Updated by:

5th research is an updated one as follows:

Research 5:
App Status Reason: Application received
Last Update date: 22/02/2020
Last Updated by:

Can you please help what does the above refer to?

Tnx

These refer to the voluntary questions that are asked at the end of the application form and you have an option to fill them or leave them blank.

They are collected for IRCC's data research and have no bearing on the processing of your application.

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Hello, @legalfalcon
I have ordered access to information to know current status of my PR application (EE_PNP Inland)..is it right?

After reading thread, I am confused between privacy act and ATI.

Can you please guide me?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello, @legalfalcon
I have ordered access to information to know current status of my PR application (EE_PNP Inland)..is it right?

Can you please guide me?

Privacy Act is used to request your own information. Access to Information Act is used to request information on behalf of someone else.

If you are inland you can obtain your own Gcms Notes for free by following these simple steps https://bit.ly/34KNSLI

You can request the notes from IRCC and/or CBSA; more at https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Privacy Act is used to request your own information. Access to Information Act is used to request information on behalf of someone else.

If you are inland you can obtain your own Gcms Notes for free by following these simple steps https://bit.ly/34KNSLI

You can request the notes from IRCC and/or CBSA; more at https://bit.ly/34nuJPu
Thank you.
I already paid and ordered for access to information. What should I do now? Will it give me information about my application?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thank you.
I already paid and ordered for access to information. What should I do now? Will it give me information about my application?
Yes, you will still receive the information. If you requested from IRCC then you can also request from CBSA but this time select the Privacy Act and you will not have to pay.

There is an advantage by requesting under the Privacy Act, see https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered.482200/page-199#post-9129899

Reactions: rs572

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello, @legalfalcon

Can you please guide me?

No need to be confused.

Privacy Act

Right of access

• 12 (1) Subject to this Act, every individual who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Acthas a right to and shall, on request, be given access to
    • (a) any personal information about the individual contained in a personal information bank; and
    • (b) any other personal information about the individual under the control of a government institution with respect to which the individual is able to provide sufficiently specific information on the location of the information as to render it reasonably retrievable by the government institution.

Access to information Act
Right to access to records

• 4(1) Subject to this Part, but notwithstanding any other Act of Parliament, every person who is
  • has a right to and shall, on request, be given access to any record under the control of a government institution.

• The main difference is that under the Privacy Act, you can only request your own personal information.
  • Under the ATI act you can request information of other individuals or any information about any agency in Canada. It is not limited to personal info.
  • To request under either of the laws, you have to be a PR or a citizen or a person present in Canada.

Also, when requesting information under Privacy act there is no fee.

Irrespective of whether you request info under ATI or Privacy, you will get the same record.

Reactions: rs572 and Toks01

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
CBSA / CSIS os only involved when IRCC asks them to. Unless you are in enhanced security screening, there is no point requesting CBSA notes.

If you security is blank, it is redacted and you will see s15 on the top right of the page where the security assessment is. To read on s15 see https://bit.ly/3dZm9Ki

To read on security and the security screening manual see https://bit.ly/34wlFZm

Also check the security activities in your GCMS notes. Most applicants who have 4 will have the security passed.
What is the meaning of s26 on the top right of the pageof the security assessment?
@legalfalcon

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Has anyone come across the below Correspondence item in their GCMS notes before or perhaps know what it means?
I never received any correspondence from IRCC. I'm not sure if it's just internal communication and I'm also not sure what it means for my application.

I have the same and didn't get any email or anything to submit anything! Did you figure out what's this and what to do with it? Please response