Hi all,
I got ATIP file today, it looks like this:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility : Recommend Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: In Progress

my Eligibility is passed? or is it possible to change to NOT passed later??
I'm not sure I'm being safe or not.

Thanks!

The eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First an analyst or an assistant will review and make a recommendation, then this is reviewed by an officer and a final determination is made.

Your application has cleared the first stage.

See your last few pages of your GCMS notes and you can compare them with my previous detailed note at: #2,521

Only after the officer's final determination is your eligibility passed, currently it seems to be recommended passed.

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
The eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First an analyst or an assistant will review and make a recommendation, then this is reviewed by an officer and a final determination is made.

Your application has cleared the first stage.

See your last few pages of your GCMS notes and you can compare them with my previous detailed note at: #2,521

Only after the officer's final determination is your eligibility passed, currently it seems to be recommended passed.
Thanks for your reply.
Do you know when the next stage will start??
Would it be possible to change to "Not passed" by an officer in second stage?? ??

riya2018

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Hi all,
I got ATIP file today, it looks like this:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility : Recommend Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: In Progress

my Eligibility is passed? or is it possible to change to NOT passed later??
I'm not sure I'm being safe or not.

Thanks!
When did you order gcms notes?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for your reply.
Do you know when the next stage will start??
Would it be possible to change to "Not passed" by an officer in second stage?? ??
There is no specific time frame when the next stage will start, but in most cases the eligibility is passed by month 5-6 leaving security. However, this was pre-COVID.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Please look my GCMS notes.why file is under reviwed required? Is there any issue regarding foreign work experience? I had more than 22 k canadian dollar for settlement fund but my notes only count 1819. https://ibb.co/Yf03ZFk

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Reactions: ohbruh

reptiloid

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon, first of all I would like to thank you for recommending your gcms service. If you do not mind, I would like to ask a question.

When filling in the application, I answered YES to statutory question as once I was rejected to enter Ukraine to visit my relatives (i did not have a notorized invitation from them). Later I made a proper invitation and crossed the border without any problems.

My gcms says that Eligibility is passed, security is blank and criminality is in progress. When I look through the section label EE eligibility dated April (filled by a program assistant), it says review recommended - stat questions. Later in June I got an update in label EE eligibility (by a case processing agent) and it says *appears to meet the requirements*.

So, the question is - did the agent review my stat question and marked this as insignificant? Or it is still reviewed and that is why criminality is in progress? I have not provided biometrics yet.

How can my statutory question problem affect the case? Everything in the label ee eligibility is marked as passed or nrt or appears to meet.

Thank you for your help!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon, first of all I would like to thank you for recommending your gcms service. If you do not mind, I would like to ask a question.

When filling in the application, I answered YES to statutory question as once I was rejected to enter Ukraine to visit my relatives (i did not have a notorized invitation from them). Later I made a proper invitation and crossed the border without any problems.

My gcms says that Eligibility is passed, security is blank and criminality is in progress. When I look through the section label EE eligibility dated April (filled by a program assistant), it says review recommended - stat questions. Later in June I got an update in label EE eligibility (by a case processing agent) and it says *appears to meet the requirements*.

So, the question is - did the agent review my stat question and marked this as insignificant? Or it is still reviewed and that is why criminality is in progress? I have not provided biometrics yet.

How can my statutory question problem affect the case? Everything in the label ee eligibility is marked as passed or nrt or appears to meet.

Thank you for your help!
The statutory questions are asked to ensure that you do not have any criminal issues, and also to ensure that your are not wanted in connection of a crime in any other country. All applicants have an obligation to answer the statutory questions truthfully. A prior visa refusal does not have any impact as such in the processing of your application, as long as your have disclosed it, especially for partners nations such as UK, US, Australia, NZ etc.

The criminality is based on PCC for most applicants, but if your biometrics are not on file, your criminality will continue to be pending.

If you have a note stating your eligibility as passed, then your application will be revised by an officer who will make a final recommendation and then your eligibility will be passed.

You can see my previous posts on eligibility at #2,521

and on stat questions at #4,291

Hope this helps!!

Mariana948

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VO MEXICO
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
I received my notes and says “ready for officer review” can someone tell me what this means? Please

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
I received my notes and says “ready for officer review” can someone tell me what this means? Please
Assuming that the eligibility was passed for you, this means you are at the last stage where he/she will check for validity of medicals and place you in the queue for PPR. If your eligibility was "review required," then once the officer clears the file security will be initated for you.

Mariana948

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VO MEXICO
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Assuming that the eligibility was passed for you, this means you are at the last stage where he/she will check for validity of medicals and place you in the queue for PPR. If your eligibility was "review required," then once the officer clears the file security will be initated for you.
Thank you so much!!! My medicals were extended until November. They expired in May, he!!! Shows review required as per my notes you are absolutely right, then is good I’m almost done? Is been 18 months waiting for my PPR this makes me happy

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First an analyst . assistant will make a recomendation, and this will be reviewed by the officer which sill make a final decision on eligibility.

See my post on this at #2,521

If you have a a note on eligibility which marks your eligibility as conclusively passed, then your security will be initiated and after that your application will be approved.

See your GCMS notes.

To read on security, see https://bit.ly/36sXhcu

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Thank you so much!!! My medicals were extended until November. They expired in May, he!!! Shows review required as per my notes you are absolutely right, then is good I’m almost done? Is been 18 months waiting for my PPR this makes me happy
I wish I could say you are done - i too am waiting at that final stage after medicals have been passed. But COVID has just made everything unclear. In terms of overall processing though, there is nothing else unless they request something.