+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
On page 2 you have assessments, this is the summary of your stages. You may see eligibility as:

However, you will have to see the officer's notes to know if this is a recommendation or conclusively passed.

Hope this answers and clarifies your doubts.

@legalfalcon thanks for the reply.

In my notes I don't see R10 etc mentioned. Similary, I can't find "officer's review," or anything similar. Threfore, I was wondering: Are the GCMS notes for paper based applicants and EE applicants different in composition?

I am a paper based applicant and my GCMS notes don't contain any details such as mentioned in the link you suggested. In my GCMS notes most of the portion after "Text:" is redacted. Is there any other method of checking whether the eligibility is conclusively passed or not?

I have one more observation. ATIP didn't send my notes via email. They have sent a CD to my friend at his home address. While applying for the notes, I had given his mailing address in Canada, my own email address and attached his passport's copy. As my GCMS notes didn't arrive with in 30 calendar days, I launched inquiry using the temporary number provided by the ATIP. They replied that my notes on CD were mailed to my friend because "We are not satisfied that the email address provided belongs to the requester. As such, we sent the response to the mailing address provided on the request."

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

In my notes I don't see R10 etc mentioned. Similary, I can't find "officer's review," or anything similar. Threfore, I was wondering: Are the GCMS notes for paper based applicants and EE applicants different in composition?

I am a paper based applicant and my GCMS notes don't contain any details such as mentioned in the link you suggested. In my GCMS notes most of the portion after "Text:" is redacted. Is there any other method of checking whether the eligibility is conclusively passed or not?

I have one more observation. ATIP didn't send my notes via email. They have sent a CD to my friend at his home address. While applying for the notes, I had given his mailing address in Canada, my own email address and attached his passport's copy. As my GCMS notes didn't arrive with in 30 calendar days, I launched inquiry using the temporary number provided by the ATIP. They replied that my notes on CD were mailed to my friend because "We are not satisfied that the email address provided belongs to the requester. As such, we sent the response to the mailing address provided on the request."
The GCMS notes for any application, be it paper based, online is the same. Your received a CD, because if the size of the file is over 5 MB, IRCC sends it via CD and not email.

To assist you better, can you provide screen shots of your GCMS notes. Page 1-2 and the last 3-5 pages.

What you tased above, it seems like your eligibility is in progress:

Field Name: Eligibility
Action: Updated
Old Value: Not Started
New Value: In Progress
Office: London

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
The GCMS notes for any application, be it paper based, online is the same. Your received a CD, because if the size of the file is over 5 MB, IRCC sends it via CD and not email.

To assist you better, can you provide screen shots of your GCMS notes. Page 1-2 and the last 3-5 pages.

What you tased above, it seems like your eligibility is in progress:
how can I upload images in the reply?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

That is an interesting observation

We are not satisfied that the email address provided belongs to the requester. As such, we sent the response to the mailing address provided on the request."

The CD was sent not because of the size of the PDF file but it seems they doubted the integrity of the ATIP information that was provided to them. IRCC can send files up to 25MB in one email and they sometimes even split a large file into multiple emails. Often CD's are also sent if IRCC mistakenly puts the request in the wrong processing queue.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
https://ibb.co/5r982n5
https://ibb.co/2shB8xN

These are the first two pages, will upload the last 5 once these get uploaded
Lets go link by link:

https://ibb.co/5r982n5: this is the summary and as per this, your eligibility is passed. and the security is blank. Do you see any section number on the top right of this page, like s15(1) etc. This would indicate that your security is in progress.

Now to the last three pages:

the last 3 pages are
https://ibb.co/9s3Cbf4
https://ibb.co/PT9BGbn
https://ibb.co/LrNckPT

The above links capture Note 13 to notes 1, note 1 being the most recent.

These are the processing details and the notes entered by the officer reviewing your file. However, you will have more notes, from 13 ahead. Read them carefully, so you see any note with the label eligibility or general, which talks about eligibility.

Further, since your application is a family sponsorship, remember that the eligibility will be of the person who sponsored, and based on the GCMS notes you requested, i.e. the processing details of the sponsored or the file of the person sponsoring, the eligibility details may not be captured in the notes you have. You should have requested both.

However, the summary states that the eligibility is clear, so no need to be concerned about it.

Given that the processing time for a family sponsorship application is 12 months, you are almost there, unless your application is in enhanced security screening. see https://bit.ly/3j1JuN8

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
That is an interesting observation

We are not satisfied that the email address provided belongs to the requester. As such, we sent the response to the mailing address provided on the request."

The CD was sent not because of the size of the PDF file but it seems they doubted the integrity of the ATIP information that was provided to them. IRCC can send files up to 25MB in one email and they sometimes even split a large file into multiple emails. Often CD's are also sent if IRCC mistakenly puts the request in the wrong processing queue.
Thanks for replying patiently.

More interesting is that the file size was 3.8MB, so definitely, they didn't like my own email on the consent form :)

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
Lets go link by link:

https://ibb.co/5r982n5: this is the summary and as per this, your eligibility is passed. and the security is blank. Do you see any section number on the top right of this page, like s15(1) etc. This would indicate that your security is in progress.

Now to the last three pages:

the last 3 pages are
https://ibb.co/9s3Cbf4
https://ibb.co/PT9BGbn
https://ibb.co/LrNckPT

The above links capture Note 13 to notes 1, note 1 being the most recent.

These are the processing details and the notes entered by the officer reviewing your file. However, you will have more notes, from 13 ahead. Read them carefully, so you see any note with the label eligibility or general, which talks about eligibility.

Further, since your application is a family sponsorship, remember that the eligibility will be of the person who sponsored, and based on the GCMS notes you requested, i.e. the processing details of the sponsored or the file of the person sponsoring, the eligibility details may not be captured in the notes you have. You should have requested both.

However, the summary states that the eligibility is clear, so no need to be concerned about it.
Thanks for elaborating further.

I hope, I don't have to order another set. In case I have to, I shall pay attention to the details you have pointed out.

Moreover, notes 14 onward are about my children and their intended occupation i.e. student.

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Hi all,
I got ATIP file today, it looks like this:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility : Recommend Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: In Progress

my Eligibility is passed? or is it possible to change to NOT passed later??
I'm not sure I'm being safe or not.

Thanks!

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi all,

ASSESSMENTS

Thanks!
It's passed by an agent or analyst and will be reviewed by an officer and only then conclusively passed. Look through the "notes" section in the last few pages of your file why it's recommended pass at this time.

Santaclause

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi all,

ASSESSMENTS

Thanks!
Whats your eAOR?