caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
These codes indicate an exemption was taken under the respective act, it can be under the Access to Information Act (e.g. if you used a 3rd party for your GCMS) or under the Privacy Act (if you obtained the GCMS notes on your own)

s21/s26 under Privacy Act are the equivalent of s15/s19 under Access to Information Act

Section 15 of the Act – International affairs, defence and national security

Section 19 of the Act – Personal information

You can see the full Exemption grid at https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/exemption-grid

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I received my GCMS notes today and also a recall email. Is it normal or is there a problem? What should I do now? @legalfalcon
That happens sometimes with IRCC and not to worry, it can happen sometimes if the pdf file name was not appropriately formatted or if the ATIP analyst sent the file from their workplace email id instead of the general ATIP email or some other protocol was not followed.

Reactions: SR_T

SR_T

Aug 9, 2019
That happens sometimes with IRCC and not to worry, it can happen sometimes if the pdf file name was not appropriately formatted or if the ATIP analyst sent the file from their workplace email id instead of the general ATIP email or some other protocol was not followed.
Thank you so much for the reply. So should I expect another email since this one was recalled or the one I received is the final one?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thank you so much for the reply. So should I expect another email since this one was recalled or the one I received is the final one?
If you received 3 emails then you will receive no more
#1 incorrect message/pdf
#2 recall message (e.g. ATIP / AIPRP (IRCC) would like to recall the message, "IRCC ATIP file 2A-2019-12345".
#3 correct message/pdf

SR_T

Aug 9, 2019
If you received 3 emails then you will receive no more
#1 incorrect message/pdf
#2 recall message (e.g. ATIP / AIPRP (IRCC) would like to recall the message, "IRCC ATIP file 2A-2019-12345".
#3 correct message/pdf
I have received 2 only
#1 incorrect message/pdf

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I have received 2 only
#1 incorrect message/pdf
Then you should expect 1 more. If the current pdf belongs to you then the file should not change (extremely rare but it does happen that files/messages get sent to the wrong person). You can always reach out to IRCC as well and ask about the recall notice.

SR_T

Aug 9, 2019
Then you should expect 1 more. If the current pdf belongs to you then the file should not change (extremely rare but it does happen that files/messages get sent to the wrong person). You can always reach out to IRCC as well and ask about the recall notice.
Thanks again for your quick response. It was really helpful. The file I received is mine so I guess there wont be much change in the new file. I will wait for the 3rd email for a few days before I contact IRCC. I still have a week to go before the 30 days mark.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I received my GCMS notes today and also a recall email. Is it normal or is there a problem? What should I do now? @legalfalcon
Yes. A recall is sent is any of the information was incorrect in your GCMS notes, the file was not properly attached, or a complete file was not attached. You should have received another email with your GCMS notes after the recall email.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I have two questions:
1. what do s21 and s26 mean on top right of a GCMS notes?
2. Typically how long will take from eligibility and criminality passed to PPR? let's say no security screening.

Thanks.
If your requested your GCMS notes under the Privacy Act, you will see some information redacted under section 21, which are exactly the same corresponding sections as s 16 of the Access to information act.

Whereas section 26 refers to personal information, which is the same corresponding section as section 19 of the Access to Information act.

International affairs and defence

The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, or the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information listed in paragraphs 15(1)(a) to (i) of the Access to Information Act.

Information about another individual

The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) about an individual other than the individual who made the request, and shall refuse to disclose such information where the disclosure is prohibited under section 8.

All GCMS notes will have information for security redacted under section 21. If other individuals over the age of 16 did not give a consent to have their information related, then their information is redacted under section 26 of the Privacy Act.

Hope this helps!

SR_T

Aug 9, 2019
Yes. A recall is sent is any of the information was incorrect in your GCMS notes, the file was not properly attached, or a complete file was not attached. You should have received another email with your GCMS notes after the recall email.
Should I contact them now or wait for the 30 days to be over before contacting them? Thanks for the response

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Should I contact them now or wait for the 30 days to be over before contacting them? Thanks for the response
Usually after a recall the new email is sent within the same day or the next 1-2 days. If you do not hear back within the next 2-3 days after the previous email was recalled, you should contact IRCC-ATIP.

However, the file which was there in your previous email, which was recalled, will have most of the information to know the status of your email.

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
@legalfalcon first if all I want to thank you for all of your input on this forum. Just wanted your quick opinion, i have submitted my application received aor july 23 - CEC inland. I have checked with ircc they said medical has been received but not reviewed/attached to my PR file yet - it’s been about. Few weeks now. I want to order GCMS notes but considering Covid, I think it’s still early. Do you recommend I wait till at least aug 23 which is 1 month to go ahead with the notes? Or should I wait longer? Or at least send some communication to CIc via or email or something to inquire about the visa office? Just don’t want to bother them but also hard to be patient. What do you suggest?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon first if all I want to thank you for all of your input on this forum. Just wanted your quick opinion, i have submitted my application received aor july 23 - CEC inland. I have checked with ircc they said medical has been received but not reviewed/attached to my PR file yet - it’s been about. Few weeks now. I want to order GCMS notes but considering Covid, I think it’s still early. Do you recommend I wait till at least aug 23 which is 1 month to go ahead with the notes? Or should I wait longer? Or at least send some communication to CIc via or email or something to inquire about the visa office? Just don’t want to bother them but also hard to be patient. What do you suggest?
Given that your AoR is July 2020, it is too early for GCMS notes. You should wait at least until end September before you even consider GCMS notes. As regards the VO, it is irrelevant. Read any of my monthly threads page 1.

Reactions: dgeorge

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon, I have just received my notes ordered in mid of July. After going through the text, I have found that the application has been assigned to another officer:

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned To: JG8607
Assigned By: JG8607
Due Date: 2020/08/01

And this officer also added me to a new group:

GROUP NAME
GROUP NAME: 1
Created Date: 2020/07/02 10:40:19
Created By: JG8607
Updated Date: 2020/07/02 12:16:22
Updated By: JG8607
Group #: 2-TW6EZW3
Name:: July
Type: PR - Temporary Processing

My questions are: 1/ what is the due date of application assignment? 2/ to be added to new group like this, does it have any negative impact on my application progress?

Thank you in advance and regards.