17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

I received my notes. See attached the assessment section.

https://ibb.co/10Kmqz4

Does this mean all is cleared and waiting for PPR email as the Officer Review note confirmed everything passed, and has this closing comment as medical expires in August..."Next. Contact client to see if travel is possible by medical expiry date giving the current COVID pandemic, if yes approve ppt, otherwise, request remed."
Yes, if the notes says that everything is passed, then you are all good. As soon as your security is compete, a final review will happen and your application willl be approved.

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
This is very normal. All the assistant or analysts is suggesting is for the officer to review once before making a final determination and that is why you see "ready to finalise"
It's a huge relief and a marvellously uplifting thing to know. Thank you so much for such valuable knowledge. You have a very good day!

LebK

Dec 14, 2019
Not everyone has a GU. Many applicants get a PPR without getting any GU.
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I have previously contacted you regarding my RR eligibility status and as it turned out to be, I had a previous PR status (which I thought has expired) that's blocking them from issuing me another PR under express entry.

So here's the story:

We immigrated to Canada as a family of 5 (Parents and my 2 siblings) in 2002 with my father being the primary applicant. Our PR card was valid until 2007 and it was never renewed (never applied for PRTD). I was 12 years old at the time, we lived in Canada for about 7 months after which we returned back to our home country due to family reasons.

Fast forward to October 2019, I have submitted my express entry profile as a FSW-O applicant and received my ITA and submitted my profile with an AOR of December 2019. I have applied for my GCMS notes twice (one in April 2020 and another one in June 2020) and they indicated my eligibility is under "Review Required" and that it has to do with my previous PR status. I have called IRCC twice(In June 2020) to have a better understanding of my situation, and both confirmed there's nothing to worry about and that "the officer will soon make a decision on my application, but It will take more than the usual 6 months timeline". I subsequently tried to proactively take action and raised a webform that includes an LOE explaining our previous PR situation and submitted additional documents that verify our genuine intention of settling in Canada (back in 2002).

However, I have called them again last week and after doing some digging, my officer has finally revealed that I still am a PR status holder (I had no clue, always thought my PR status expires with the validity shown on the PR card) and she said that there is almost no reason for refusal (especially because I was a minor and wasn't aware that I had to renounce) but suggested that IRCC may ask me to renounce my PR for them to issue another one or re-activate my current PR status (by signing some papers).

My eligibility is under RR since January 2020 and I'm getting anxious. What do you think is the best way to move forward? Are you aware if anybody has been refused for applying to EE whilst being a PR holder?

I'd really appreciate your input!!

Thanks!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I have previously contacted you regarding my RR eligibility status and as it turned out to be, I had a previous PR status (which I thought has expired) that's blocking them from issuing me another PR under express entry.

So here's the story:

We immigrated to Canada as a family of 5 (Parents and my 2 siblings) in 2002 with my father being the primary applicant. Our PR card was valid until 2007 and it was never renewed (never applied for PRTD). I was 12 years old at the time, we lived in Canada for about 7 months after which we returned back to our home country due to family reasons.

Fast forward to October 2019, I have submitted my express entry profile as a FSW-O applicant and received my ITA and submitted my profile with an AOR of December 2019. I have applied for my GCMS notes twice (one in April 2020 and another one in June 2020) and they indicated my eligibility is under "Review Required" and that it has to do with my previous PR status. I have called IRCC twice(In June 2020) to have a better understanding of my situation, and both confirmed there's nothing to worry about and that "the officer will soon make a decision on my application, but It will take more than the usual 6 months timeline". I subsequently tried to proactively take action and raised a webform that includes an LOE explaining our previous PR situation and submitted additional documents that verify our genuine intention of settling in Canada (back in 2002).

However, I have called them again last week and after doing some digging, my officer has finally revealed that I still am a PR status holder (I had no clue, always thought my PR status expires with the validity shown on the PR card) and she said that there is almost no reason for refusal (especially because I was a minor and wasn't aware that I had to renounce) but suggested that IRCC may ask me to renounce my PR for them to issue another one or re-activate my current PR status (by signing some papers).

My eligibility is under RR since January 2020 and I'm getting anxious. What do you think is the best way to move forward? Are you aware if anybody has been refused for applying to EE whilst being a PR holder?

I'd really appreciate your input!!

Thanks!!
So you need to understand a few things here. First your PR status:

You don’t lose your permanent resident status when your PR card expires. You can only lose your status if you go through an official process. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html

To be eligible to reapply for a PR, you will have to either renounce your PR status as mentioned in the link above. If you hold a PR status, then your application will not be processed.

Reactions: LebK

LebK

Dec 14, 2019
So you need to understand a few things here. First your PR status:

You don’t lose your permanent resident status when your PR card expires. You can only lose your status if you go through an official process. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html

To be eligible to reapply for a PR, you will have to either renounce your PR status as mentioned in the link above. If you hold a PR status, then your application will not be processed.
Thanks @legalfalcon

Is there a chance for refusal? Should I go ahead with renouncing my PR status and send a webform informing them that I am in the process of renouncing to avoid refusal?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon

Is there a chance for refusal? Should I go ahead with renouncing my PR status and send a webform informing them that I am in the process of renouncing to avoid refusal?
You should engage a lawyer who will give you the best options based on your personal circumstances and represent you in your case. The forum is just to get general advice. It should never be a substitute for a legal advice or representation.

Edna179452

Jan 10, 2020
Hi, I ordered a GCMS note and it said i didn't meet the eligibility criteria because the VO was not convinced that i performed all the job duties on the NOC Code and they wrote the next step is to send a rejection letter.
So my question is if i send an updated job description of what i do at work and a letter explaining that the first letter i sent was general duties and i thought it will be adequate but now i am attaching the specific duties i am performing at work, Do you think it will be reviewed? since i haven't gotten a rejection letter any ways. What do you think please!!!!

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Hi, I ordered a GCMS note and it said i didn't meet the eligibility criteria because the VO was not convinced that i performed all the job duties on the NOC Code and they wrote the next step is to send a rejection letter.
So my question is if i send an updated job description of what i do at work and a letter explaining that the first letter i sent was general duties and i thought it will be adequate but now i am attaching the specific duties i am performing at work, Do you think it will be reviewed? since i haven't gotten a rejection letter any ways. What do you think please!!!!
Hi buddy, IMHO, I think you should send an updated LoE with more specific job duties to IRCC in order to convince them that you work on the job aligned with the one described in NOC code. In this case, you should be proactive since I bet you don’t want to waste the time that you have spent on the application. Good luck!

Edna179452

Jan 10, 2020
Hi buddy, IMHO, I think you should send an updated LoE with more specific job duties to IRCC in order to convince them that you work on the job aligned with the one described in NOC code. In this case, you should be proactive since I bet you don’t want to waste the time that you have spent on the application. Good luck!
Thanks for your prompt reply

SHAHDOC

Jun 13, 2020
Hello Legalfalcon, my AOR is 15 Feb 2020. I have received gcms which says everything is passed and security is blank with s15(1) in right corner. In the correspondence outgoing section i found that items required : kit, application form. Due date is 11 august 2020. What does it mean? Also in my notes 1 section it is mentioned the word RFV. What does it mean.? Anything to worry.? @legalfalcon

Reactions: NaijatoMapleLand

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Legalfalcon, my AOR is 15 Feb 2020. I have received gcms which says everything is passed and security is blank with s15(1) in right corner. In the correspondence outgoing section i found that items required : kit, application form. Due date is 11 august 2020. What does it mean? Also in my notes 1 section it is mentioned the word RFV. What does it mean.? Anything to worry.? @legalfalcon

For s15 and s16 see https://bit.ly/3iQPuJ1

Security is always blank as it is redacted under the above sections.

RFV stands for Ready for Visa, that is your files is ready for the PR visa to be issued to you.

Reactions: SHAHDOC

LebK

Dec 14, 2019
You should engage a lawyer who will give you the best options based on your personal circumstances and represent you in your case. The forum is just to get general advice. It should never be a substitute for a legal advice or representation.
I got mixed responses from lawyers. One lawyer suggested I should raise a webform saying I'm intending to renounce and request a confirmation from IRCC that this is the right thing to do before actually renouncing. Would they give me a firm answer in that case? Would a decision-making officer pick up my webform?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I got mixed responses from lawyers. One lawyer suggested I should raise a webform saying I'm intending to renounce and request a confirmation from IRCC that this is the right thing to do before actually renouncing. Would they give me a firm answer in that case? Would a decision-making officer pick up my webform?
When you engage a lawyer, he will send webform and do stuff for you. If you are just looking for legal advise then you will get divergent answers depending on different professionals deem best for the case.

Abahcici

Jul 13, 2020
My gcms note came in and officer says verification recommended on employment letter. Please verify employment, primary duties, tenure, remuneration, size and scope of company. Adaptability: Siblings in canda x2 see above pending. Next steps. Recommendation: verification activity created for employment letter.

This was noted 3 from Accra. Notes 1 and 2 were empty probably redacted. What should I do please

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Hi all,
I have received my notes and I think I am close to an end but I do have a question despite having Eligibility / Criminality : passed and in one the pages I see security passed as well, I have one question, the senior officer wrote : CRIM entered, appears to be PPV (what does it mean)

some other intel about my case: Eligibility was passed first and criminality was in progress, then when I ordered new notes it is now showing criminality passed

From what I understood everything is green for me, the only thing is to wait for a remed request as my medical expired back in March 2020