+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question to those who are submitting their CIC application to the Buffalo office.

The photo specifications are different from standard passport size photos in the US. Any suggestions where we can get photos per the Buffalo consulate specifications? I reside in the Chicagoland area.

Thanks

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
If you have photo papers and camera at hand, you may go to www.epassportphoto.com and print your photos via the site. They have a guide which will help you size the photos. You can print them off your home printer for free, or opt to print them for just 5-6 bucks. They will send you a copy of your pictures in a 4x6 paper which you can cut yourself. Hope this helps.

aNewHope said:
Question to those who are submitting their CIC application to the Buffalo office.

The photo specifications are different from standard passport size photos in the US. Any suggestions where we can get photos per the Buffalo consulate specifications? I reside in the Chicagoland area.

Thanks

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kishankanhaiya said:
No nothing had changed, since I had filled everything out when I submitted the AINP application in late 2008, I never updated anything.

Hence they wanted to know what I was doing between then and now.

Their instruction said any gaps of 3 months or more require explanation. I should have updated my application and sent it.

joshi77 said:
Kishan...

Did you changed your job or address after you sent Alberta application or after receiving nomniation? and did not inform Alberta about it ?

How did CIC found out that your adress / info is not current ?
Alberta asked us to save the original CIC forms, so we can send those to CIC when we get a nomination from them. Reading Kishan's experience, it sounds like CIC wants recently filled out forms with current dates and signatures (unless I am not understanding what CIC wants).

What do you guys think? Should I fill out the forms again (even though nothing has changed), and put current dates and signatures wherever they needed? I am waiting for State police certificates to arrive, before I can send my docs to the CIC Buffalo. Thanks.

A

Albertagoverner

nix1 said:
kishankanhaiya said:
No nothing had changed, since I had filled everything out when I submitted the AINP application in late 2008, I never updated anything.

Hence they wanted to know what I was doing between then and now.

Their instruction said any gaps of 3 months or more require explanation. I should have updated my application and sent it.

joshi77 said:
Kishan...

Did you changed your job or address after you sent Alberta application or after receiving nomniation? and did not inform Alberta about it ?

How did CIC found out that your adress / info is not current ?
Alberta asked us to save the original CIC forms, so we can send those to CIC when we get a nomination from them. Reading Kishan's experience, it sounds like CIC wants recently filled out forms with current dates and signatures (unless I am not understanding what CIC wants).

What do you guys think? Should I fill out the forms again (even though nothing has changed), and put current dates and signatures wherever they needed? I am waiting for State police certificates to arrive, before I can send my docs to the CIC Buffalo. Thanks.
I think AINP instructions should include, while they send nomination letter that, you should sign the forms and put the date when you actually send to CIC.

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, optimusprime! Looking forward to the sequel.

optimusprime said:
If you have photo papers and camera at hand, you may go to www.epassportphoto.com and print your photos via the site. They have a guide which will help you size the photos. You can print them off your home printer for free, or opt to print them for just 5-6 bucks. They will send you a copy of your pictures in a 4x6 paper which you can cut yourself. Hope this helps.

aNewHope said:

Thanks

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Albertagoverner said:
I think AINP instructions should include, while they send nomination letter that, you should sign the forms and put the date when you actually send to CIC.
But the forms are already signed and dated (before we sent them to the AINP office, in my case Nov 2008). If you are trying to say that we should sign one more time next to the old signature and date it again with the current date next to the old date, that makes sense, but there might not be enough room to do so (I have not looked at my forms recently).

In my opinion, the best thing to do at this point is to print the forms again with current dates wherever necessary and sign them before sending them to the CIC.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Did anybody call Buffalo to verify what need to be done?

nix1 said:
Albertagoverner said:
But the forms are already signed and dated (before we sent them to the AINP office, in my case Nov 2008). If you are trying to say that we should sign one more time next to the old signature and date it again with the current date next to the old date, that makes sense, but there might not be enough room to do so (I have not looked at my forms recently).

In my opinion, the best thing to do at this point is to print the forms again with current dates wherever necessary and sign them before sending them to the CIC.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
I don't think we need to use the "same" form that we signed and sent for AINP. I am going to fill out a new form, review it thoroughly for any errors, and sign it with the current date.

C

cchabert

I found out last night that CIC change the forms, if you look on the bottom part of the form where it said IMM 0008 also in () came the date of the last change of the form, check on CIC website and you can see the form is different, for example it ask you to write the visa office and nos they ask to write year, month, day and not al the old one day, month,year.

To all, have a great week. :-D

gurram

Dec 3, 2008
Hi Nataraj,
Hope you come back soon. I got PCC from local police station(AP,India) than from Superintendent of Police(SP), does it matters while submitting doc's to CIC?

Gurram

joshi77

Mar 4, 2009
Guys

Anyupdates on what needs to be done ..... update the from and sign it again with curret dates before sending it to CIC or send the same forms which we sent to during Alberta nomination

chinadoll

Oct 9, 2008
Its been a while since i got to check the forum, a friend of mine did his fingerprinting at the below address (GA) for $10 at the police station a week ago, here's the address and phone #

Chamblee Police
3518 Broad Street
Chamblee, Ga 30341
Tel: 770 986-5005

hope this helps
chinadoll

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
i would fill up the forms again to send to CIC. basically, i copy whatever is with AINP's copy and update as necessary (if anything changed), then, date and sign the newly filled-up forms.

joshi77 said:
Guys

Anyupdates on what needs to be done ..... update the from and sign it again with curret dates before sending it to CIC or send the same forms which we sent to during Alberta nomination

Hira

Mar 11, 2009
Hi All:

I am new to this forum. I would be applying for Alberta AINP H1B category. I know that I need to send a copy of CIC application with AINP application. On first page of CIC application I have to say that I intend to settle in Alberta. This is one application i.e CIC for AINP.

I am putting another CIC FSW application in which I cross 67 point criteria if I mention my blood relative in Canada i.e. my brother who lives in British Columbia. Now, in that application I need to write that I intend to settle in British Columbia because If I write in that application that I intend to goto Alberta, CIC might say that how will your brother initially support you if you want to go to AB and brother is in BC. Thing is that if I donot claim points for my brother, I donot cross 67 point criteria.

So, Can I have 2 applications in CIC, one with intend to settle in Alberta through AINP and another with intend to settle in British Columbia through FSW?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are applying for AINP, I would advice against making an FSW at the same time where you are saying you are planning on BC. I don't know if AINP will find out but it might not look good if they did. You get points for relatives anyway, regardless if you live in the same city.