+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent 2 fingerprints, 2 cover letters, and 2 $18 cashier checks to the FBI on Feb 17th for me and my wife in ONE envelope. Yesterday (Feb 28th) I recieved mine back with a stamp on the back of the card that says "no arrest record".

But we have not received anything for my wife. Do they send the FBI check seperatly even though they were sent in the same envelope? Thanks.

strawberry1009

Jul 22, 2008
Yes, FBI will send the results one sealed envelope per person. My husband and I sent ours in one envelope but we got the FBI results back in 2 separate envelopes.

nix1 said:
I sent 2 fingerprints, 2 cover letters, and 2 $18 cashier checks to the FBI on Feb 17th for me and my wife in ONE envelope. Yesterday (Feb 28th) I recieved mine back with a stamp on the back of the card that says "no arrest record".

But we have not received anything for my wife. Do they send the FBI check seperatly even though they were sent in the same envelope? Thanks.

akk

Sep 2, 2008
me too

Akk

strawberry1009 said:
Yes, FBI will send the results one sealed envelope per person. My husband and I sent ours in one envelope but we got the FBI results back in 2 separate envelopes.

nix1 said:

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamesb111 said:
Where do you get your fingure prints done.
Local Police Station. Call your city or town police station. $10 for two cards even though one person needs just one card. They would not let me do just one card.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks strawberry1009 and akk.

I opened the sealed envelope. Was I not supposed to do that? There is a piece of paper attached with my card that says where the stamp is located and few other things. Should I include just the card or everything that came from the FBI with my package my CIC application?

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nix1 said:
Thanks strawberry1009 and akk.

I opened the sealed envelope. Was I not supposed to do that? There is a piece of paper attached with my card that says where the stamp is located and few other things. Should I include just the card or everything that came from the FBI with my package my CIC application?
There will be your fingerrpint card along with an attached letter. Send whatever has come in envelope from FBI.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Is there a requirement to use finger print cards? I note that in California (and other states) many FP services offer Livescan - an electronic way to get FP done for both FBI and CA state. Did anyone use such services? Are the results from such electronic svcs also sent by mail so that we can attach and send to CIC?
Thanks...

nix1 said:
jamesb111 said:
Where do you get your fingure prints done.
Local Police Station. Call your city or town police station. $10 for two cards even though one person needs just one card. They would not let me do just one card.

C

cchabert

I went this morning to my local police dept. in Atlanta and they told that since Jan 1 no more fingerprint from them, I need to go to a private company and they will scan my hands and later I will print the card on my computer, so I'll let you guys know when I do this, I'm in process to find out how to and how much.

P

prikvats3

need some info,
My H1b (visa stamped from my first company) will expired on Sep-2009, and the I-797 from 2nd company is valid till March-2010
I have just applied for AINP...

Will there be any issues ???

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
manny,

i don't suppose you will get a paper copy in the mail for livescan. SC, for one, specifically mentions that "Background checks requiring notarization or certification cannot be done online. They must be requested by mail." I'd rather be safe and opt for paper cert. jmho.

mumbaimerijan

Jan 4, 2009
Hi Dnataraj,

You have done 12 weeks today wih CIC App , if i am not mistaken you had sent your app on dec 5th . Any success?

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
Hello, Do you guys have a copy or a link of the Appendix A: Checklist for the application for a PR to the CIC???