Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

chow

Sep 23, 2008
dnataraj said:
Jay007 said:
Hi dna,
nice to see u after longtime.
r u back in US or still in India?

• Unfortunately, still in India & no idea about my CIC status. BTW I applied on 5th Dec to CIC.
dnataraj,
Sorry to hear that. I also heard it's very difficult getting a visa these days.
Thanks
Chow

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
Folks,
Do we need to send state police clearence also or CIC will tell us
to send this certificate because we have alread send FBI clearence.

Any idea because I m planning to go to India with in 2 weeks
as my check is cashed on 24 Feb so atleast application will not be returned.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jay007 said:
Folks,

Here is the extract from the URL: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

"..Processing times are normally between 16 and 18 weeks. The FBI will send you the results of their check by returning your fingerprint card to you. That will be your police certificate. You should send the card and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file. All police certificates must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted by our office."

I am utterly confused. Why does it have to say State PCC in US, FBI fingerprinting is police certificate as mentioned above? BTW, it wasn't requirement when I looked up to prepare my CIC paperwork. It seems to be recently added or have I completely missed it?

Any thoughts...
Taps

A

Albertagoverner

Tapak said:
Jay007 said:
Folks,

Here is the extract from the URL: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

"..Processing times are normally between 16 and 18 weeks. The FBI will send you the results of their check by returning your fingerprint card to you. That will be your police certificate. You should send the card and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file. All police certificates must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted by our office."

I am utterly confused. Why does it have to say State PCC in US? if FBI fingerprinting is police certificate as mentioned above?

Any thoughts...
Taps
The police certificates are confusing. One side they say that "FBI certificate will be the police certificate" and at top they also say "FBI and State police certificate". So send the first with FBI and if they ask then send the state certificates. In some cases they just asked for Home country police clearance and FBI in US. So that's where we need to wait and look for their response. Since getting state police clearance is not very time consuming process so If CIC Buffalo requests you can get from state police and send them.

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
How to obtain a police certificate
In most cases, it is your responsibility to contact the police or relevant authorities and request the certificate. When doing so, you may have to:

provide information or documentation such as photographs, fingerprints or your addresses and periods of residence in the country or territory; and
pay a fee for the service.
To find out if you need a police certificate from a country or territory in which you lived for six months or longer, consult the Procedures for Obtaining Police Certificates. You will find information on how and where to obtain police certificates, including police or government contact information. If this information is unavailable, contact the national police agency or the country's or territory’s embassy or consulate.

If you have lived in a country that has changed its name or status, the police certificate should come from the current national authorities of that country as specified on our website. If you are unable to obtain a police certificate from a country because you are a refugee from that country or for any other reasons, please provide a written explanation.

CIC will also do background checks in all the countries or territories in which you and your family members have lived. These checks will determine if you have had any arrests or convictions, or if you are a security risk to Canada.

DOES THIS MEAN YOU MAY NOT NEED TO TRAVEL BACK TO ORIGINAL COUNTRY TO GET THE POLICE CERTIFICATE???
I got this info from:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
Albertagoverner said:
Tapak said:
Jay007 said:
Folks,

I am utterly confused. Why does it have to say State PCC in US? if FBI fingerprinting is police certificate as mentioned above?

Any thoughts...
Taps
The police certificates are confusing. One side they say that "FBI certificate will be the police certificate" and at top they also say "FBI and State police certificate". So send the first with FBI and if they ask then send the state certificates. In some cases they just asked for Home country police clearance and FBI in US. So that's where we need to wait and look for their response. Since getting state police clearance is not very time consuming process so If CIC Buffalo requests you can get from state police and send them.
I THINK YOU NEED BOTH ALBERTAGOVERNER (AND YOUR HOME COUNTRY POLICE CLEARANCE):
The original text says:

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes. Applicants should provide a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) certificate with fingerprints, and State certificates from all U.S. states where they have resided for a period of 6 months or more since turning age 18.

Later on the text they say:
Processing times are normally between 16 and 18 weeks. The FBI will send you the results of their check by returning your fingerprint card to you. That will be your police certificate.

What I understand is they are trying to explain people the fingerprint card you send them would become your police certificate (from the FBI) when they return it back to you.

Now I've seen stories in this forum about some people who got their PR with the FBI certificate only, one of those cases is cchabert's brother in law. And I think he is right when he says it all depend on the visa officer as well as the person reviewing the application. I've know of ppl who went tru hell when they were getting their USA visas, and i was lucky enough to have mine going very smoothly.

A

Albertagoverner

Flori said:
Albertagoverner said:
Tapak said:
Jay007 said:
Folks,

Any thoughts...
Taps
I THINK YOU NEED BOTH ALBERTAGOVERNER (AND YOUR HOME COUNTRY POLICE CLEARANCE):
The original text says:

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes. Applicants should provide a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) certificate with fingerprints, and State certificates from all U.S. states where they have resided for a period of 6 months or more since turning age 18.

Later on the text they say:
Processing times are normally between 16 and 18 weeks. The FBI will send you the results of their check by returning your fingerprint card to you. That will be your police certificate.

What I understand is they are trying to explain people the fingerprint card you send them would become your police certificate (from the FBI) when they return it back to you.

Now I've seen stories in this forum about some people who got their PR with the FBI certificate only, one of those cases is cchabert's brother in law. And I think he is right when he says it all depend on the visa officer as well as the person reviewing the application. I've know of ppl who went tru hell when they were getting their USA visas, and i was lucky enough to have mine going very smoothly.
Honey Flori:

Thank you so much for this well illustrated and detailed explanation.

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
I would appreciate, if somebody can tell me that whether I need to send the Mark Sheets of Education Certificates or thats fine if i do not send.

Anybody got nomination without sending Mark Sheet of the Education Certificates / Degrees.

I know, there is no harm sending also ...but the problem is my mark sheets are in the native language so I need to get those translated before sending them. I don't want to get into that hassle so thats why I am asking this.

Please suggest!!

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
Jay007 said:
Folks,

Mine also got cashed on the same day. I hope we wont need to send individual State police clearances. That might require to visit all my old states then.

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
wasi2000 said:
I would appreciate, if somebody can tell me that whether I need to send the Mark Sheets of Education Certificates or thats fine if i do not send.

Anybody got nomination without sending Mark Sheet of the Education Certificates / Degrees.

I know, there is no harm sending also ...but the problem is my mark sheets are in the native language so I need to get those translated before sending them. I don't want to get into that hassle so thats why I am asking this.

Please suggest!!
No need to send mark sheets. I sent only my Bachelors and Masters Degree Certificates.

akk

Sep 2, 2008
wasi2000,

DON'T PUBLISH THE SAME POST SEVERAL TIMES. <b>SENIORS WILL STOP TO HELP PEOPLE THAT DOES THAT.</b>
Newbies are advised to not answer when you see this happening either.
Let's keep the forum clean, organized and helpful please!!

AKK

wasi2000 said:

Please suggest!!

Retro

Feb 26, 2009
I was reviewing my application for CIC dispatch. Just need to make sure one more thing.
In the Application for residence (IMM0008 Generic) section 19. What is this Identity card they are
talking about? Is it the country of origin's ID card or State ID? Or do I just have to put N/A?
What did everyone else put there? Would appreciate the clarification.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Retro said:
I was reviewing my application for CIC dispatch. Just need to make sure one more thing.
In the Application for residence (IMM0008 Generic) section 19. What is this Identity card they are
talking about? Is it the country of origin's ID card or State ID? Or do I just have to put N/A?
What did everyone else put there? Would appreciate the clarification.
I entered N/A