+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

akk

Sep 2, 2008
You must have one year in a H1B to apply to AINP. So if you will arrive in March 09, you can just apply in March 10.

Akk

Hong12 said:
I am putting together the application to Alberta under AINP since I will be in US on H1B visa starting March, 09. I saw that they require the reference letters from all my employers. Could anybody please help me with the reference letter format since I have no idea what has to be in the letter? Please advise if I also need to get the reference letter from my US employer that will start in March, 09. Also, I saw that CIC requires the State Clearance for all the places we stay more than 6 months. Please advise if this State Clearance needs to be Fingerprint Base or Name Base. Also, I wonder if I can send the application to Alberta first upon arriving US in March. 09 and send my first paystub to Alberta later on (probably March 15, 09 or March 31, 09 paystubs). Anybody please help. Thank you very much.

AlbertaAINP

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Hi guys,

Anyone who got their PCC from Indian Consulate in USA - How long did it take to get PCC and do we have to mail our original passport for that ?

Thanks

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
AlbertaAINP said:
Hi guys,

Anyone who got their PCC from Indian Consulate in USA - How long did it take to get PCC and do we have to mail our original passport for that ?

Thanks
it took 2 months for Chicago indian consulate to process my PCC.... i had applied late december
and when i called consulate yday they said i could mail my passport or come in person to pick
the pcc...

mythdot

Oct 29, 2008
What number did you call? Neither did I get any response from email I sent nor from messages I kept on the phone.
I have tried the following numbers:
312 595-0405,312 595-0409,312 595-0411

ainpdude said:
AlbertaAINP said:
Hi guys,

Thanks
it took 2 months for Chicago indian consulate to process my PCC.... i had applied late december
and when i called consulate yday they said i could mail my passport or come in person to pick
the pcc...

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
Houston embassy took 6 weeks for my PCC.
they never answered my email or phone calls.

AlbertaAINP said:
Hi guys,

Thanks

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
mythdot said:
What number did you call? Neither did I get any response from email I sent nor from messages I kept on the phone.
I have tried the following numbers:
312 595-0405,312 595-0409,312 595-0411

ainpdude said:
AlbertaAINP said:
Hi guys,

Thanks

the pcc...

i called 312 595-0411 around 1 pm EST

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
ainpdude said:
Hi guys,

Thanks
Time for PCC from Indian Consulate in USA depends on following factors.

1. How old is the passport, that is when it was issued first time. Older the first issue date longer it takes.
2. Where was the current (if one has more than one due to renewals) passport issued.
3. Passport requirement depends on the consulate.

In my case,
I applied at New York office. They need only photo copies at the time of application and we have to show original passport to collect PCC when it is ready. They are prompt and call us when ready.

My wife's passport was quite recent(3 year old), issued at Bangalore. Her PCC came in 10 days.
I have 3rd passport and the current one is issued at Washington. For me PCC took nearly 3 months.

C

cchabert

Hey guys I receive a letter from CIC and they said that they receive my AINP nomination and if I don't want to paid the processing fees again, (I summit my FSW on June 2008 with fees and got a provisional AOR on December 2008) I need to send a letter that said why I want to move to Alberta, update forms IMM008, and withdraw the FSW, also I have 60 days to do so, so looks that I have already AOR :-D

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
Friends,

Today, I went to BoA,they told me that my cashier's check has been cashed,
I had resent CIC my application.

happydwarf

Feb 18, 2009
What attaching documnets to send for the first stage

Hello, I am just abt to post my package , the first stage, i think u guys are all moved into second, congratulations, Please help me in this.

1. Do i need to send my resume.

2. Do i need to send any old company experience letters that i worked in india,

3. I am with the same employer since i came to USA , so do i still need to send the documents that we send to USCIS when we are applying for extesnion to canada immig also.

PLease help, i would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Sri

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Re: What attaching documnets to send for the first stage

happydwarf said:
Hello, I am just abt to post my package , the first stage, i think u guys are all moved into second, congratulations, Please help me in this.

Not required.

Yes

3. I am with the same employer since i came to USA , so do i still need to send the documents that we send to USCIS when we are applying for extesnion to canada immig also.
Please send docs required for Canada immig only, not USCIS. Check http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html to find out the doc need to be sent.

Thanks,
Sri
Please let this thread be for the CIC process only.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Re: What attaching documnets to send for the first stage

happydwarf said:

Thanks,
Sri

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/media/h1b_AINP009.pdf

check this pdf... this has checklist.

Hong12

Feb 25, 2009
Thank you very much for your response. I actually worked in US before as an electrical engineer until May, 08 (the 6th year of my H1B). I then went back to Malaysia. Since my PERM has been pending for more than 1 year, I am able to get the H1 Extension, starting March, 09. In this case, would I be qualified for AINP since I used to work in US for more than 1 year? Pls advise. Thank you very much.

vendy9999

Feb 26, 2009
hi toledo resient/others
hope you would have got your AINP nomination by now..

can you give me the document checklist that you sent.....

please dont post any link,as am confused......

i just want to do ,whether do i need to submit cic forms along with the AINP ....
if yes, apart from CIC forms and AINP,what else do i need to include...

by the way, why do we need to include photo copies of CIC forms with AINP...........