Alberta PNP Nomination Timeline

• 2/2/2022 – AINP Nomination
  • In March – ITA
  • 4/2/22 - Application sent
  • 6/16/22 - Biometric request
  • 6/16/22 - Medical passed
  • 7/8/22 - Biometrics submitted
  • No update since then
Does anyone have a timeline on their AINP? Its been more than 6 months now since the last update.

migena22

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Do we need to upload the marriage certificate on AINP portal? Or we do that after ITA?
I cant see marriage certificate anywhere in doc checklist. Thanks

JamUSES

Jan 19, 2023
Hi everyone,

I created an EE back in December. While creating my EE profile, I selected multiple provinces(only want Alberta) where I have family or friends. I have a few questions, I'm hoping someone can help with.

My CRS score is 346
I am married but my wife has no interest in moving with me so she decided not to do IELTS. Is this a factor in if I get an ITA?
I prefer to move to Alberta based on my NOC 21220. Do they care that I selected multiple provinces?
I have more that the minimum CRS for AINP last draw of 305, is there a reason I did not get an ITA?
Should I resubmit and select only one province or keep it as is?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
  • Hi everyone,

I created an EE back in December. While creating my EE profile, I selected multiple provinces(only want Alberta) where I have family or friends. I have a few questions, I'm hoping someone can help with.

My CRS score is 346
I am married but my wife has no interest in moving with me so she decided not to do IELTS. Is this a factor in if I get an ITA?
I prefer to move to Alberta based on my NOC 21220. Do they care that I selected multiple provinces?
I have more that the minimum CRS for AINP last draw of 305, is there a reason I did not get an ITA?
Should I resubmit and select only one province or keep it as is?
Your wife doesn’t need to take IELTS but may increase your score. You can select all provinces. AINP doesn’t care. Minimum score is 305 but your NOC needs to be selected and AINP may select a NOC with a higher CRS score. AINP doesn’t post NOCs selected with the CRS score for that NOC. What other provinces are you eligible for without a job offer?

JamUSES

Jan 19, 2023
Your wife doesn’t need to take IELTS but may increase your score. You can select all provinces. AINP doesn’t care. Minimum score is 305 but your NOC needs to be selected and AINP may select a NOC with a higher CRS score. AINP doesn’t post NOCs selected with the CRS score for that NOC. What other provinces are you eligible for without a job offer?
I am not sure what other provinces I am eligible for. I think Manitoba and Sas but I will check - I know Alberta is interested in Tech Workers like me. I actually didn't think of that - the fact that they may select a NOC with a high CRS score.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am not sure what other provinces I am eligible for. I think Manitoba and Sas but I will check - I know Alberta is interested in Tech Workers like me. I actually didn't think of that - the fact that they may select a NOC with a high CRS score.
Alberta is focused on its Tech Pathway stream for tech workers but you need a job offer from an eligible employer. Manitoba requires a job offer.

migena22

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Can compile it in 1 PDF under family history or similar like that.
Ok thanks. I have another question please.
To prove that my sibling resides in Alberta, I am inlcuding his Residential Lease and recent bank statements. Do you think they contact the Landlord or Leaser (in his case a management company) by phone, since it is inlcuded in the agreement?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Ok thanks. I have another question please.
To prove that my sibling resides in Alberta, I am inlcuding his Residential Lease and recent bank statements. Do you think they contact the Landlord or Leaser (in his case a management company) by phone, since it is inlcuded in the agreement?
No I don't think they would have that much time. Try to submit some more docs like Provincial ID or driver's license, Alberta medical card, the more the docs the less likely they think to verify it.

John Louis

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
Hi Guys,

I have an NOI and need to submit an application to the province. However, while filling out the forms I came across some areas I am not too sure of how to approach them. I hope to gain some insight from your experiences here with the application.

i. How does one provide a reference letter for express entry if self-employed or running your own business? Also, is it mandatory to have a work history if you are not the primary applicant and going through the PNP route? I am thinking of removing my wife's work history from EE profile as I might be unable to upload reference letters for those.

ii. As the principal applicant, do I need to indicate my current employment in the work history(as I would need to provide a reference letter)? Doing this would mean I need to ask the employer for a reference letter and that would indicate I intend to leave them for another province (currently work as a skilled worker in a different province from Alberta). Is it possible to only enter your previous workplaces excluding the one listed as your current workplace? Or all the workplaces listed in the EE work history section

iii. My reference letters were obtained a few years ago long before I traveled to Ca for school. Do these need to be very recent? Does anyone know if they contact the employers? (It's possible the HR folks listed in the reference letters might have even left these companies).

iv. Do we need to include secondary/high school information(along with elementary school) in the education history section? I am thinking its an overkill after inputting masters, bachelors and secondary school information.

v. Can one merge files for upload...e.g WES for self and spouse etc?

migena22

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
No I don't think they would have that much time. Try to submit some more docs like Provincial ID or driver's license, Alberta medical card, the more the docs the less likely they think to verify it.
Got it. Thanks