+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta AINP can't get reference letter

Tyloo_wNv

Nov 9, 2017
Hello everyone,

I’m preparing documents for Alberta AINP Engineering Occupation Stream now. I was an international student and got employed as structural engineer in training in this September. The Engineering Occupation Stream requires reference letters from previous employers. This is my first job in Canada, and before that, I had a short internship (3 months) in China during summer vacation after my 3rd year bachelor study.

My problem is , must I provide the reference letter for that internship? Because the purpose of that internship was for practice learning and was internally recommended by a friend of my father, it had no pay and I don’t have any reference letter from it. So, I’m thinking if I should not mention this internship in the last ten year activities and note this duration as travel or meet my family. Otherwise, I cannot provide any proofs : no payroll, no contract, no reference letter.

Now, I have the reference letter from my current supervisor. Only APEGA(for applying the Letter of No Objection) and my company have my resume, which mentioned about that internship in China. Does anyone have any recommendations about what I should do now?

Thanks!

Armyccmay

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Hi, you can write a short reference and ask your dad's friend(or someone) to sign it, its pretty simple. is this job related to your current one?if not just ignore it.
Ainp wont contact apega to check your resume,so be relax.
And job is job, inter is inter(in china), different thing, they wont care about experience outside canada, will they make a call to china? no, impossible.

Wespart

Jan 18, 2018
Hi, I’m currently in the same the situation as you. I just graduated and I just got a job in Alberta. Can you tell how did this work for you?
Thanks