+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
Re: landing Questions. AINP landing in Ontario and returning back.

sati1234 said:
Can anyone please clarify my doubts. AINP members/Quorax please help.
My intent: I'am going to Detroit where my bro stays (as he is the closest to CANADA border) and driving to Ontario (Windsor tunnel) complete my landing and return immediately as I'am planning to immigrate only in December 2012. I just want to finish procedures and return to US (TX) with my wife H4 & child citizen of US.

a) I'am a AINP candidate. Am i okay to do land in another province other than Alberta since i am a provincial candidate.
b) I want to tell the IMO the truth that i am not immigrating now. Will the IMO will have doubts about sending my PR cards to my relatives address in Alberta, and will not issue PR cards since i'am not immigrating immediately.
c) Option: Can i request the PR cards to be mailed to U.S address: my brothers address in detroit. Or to my address in TX?
c) Can i return into the U.S border the same day if the IMO says that she cant issue the PR's to the address i request them to post it to.
d) If everything goes good should i stay overnight in Canada and get my SIN number next day and then return to U.S

I am just totally confused about what to say to the IMO since i am not immigrating now and just want to complete landing and get PR cards and SIN number and immigrate later.

I have the same questions. Pls let me post my questions here:

I got PPR and VISA. AINP US VISA program. I am working in the US. I am planning for landing in port near detroit next month.
1). I want to come back to the US on the same day after landing. Can I apply PR card at the same time I am landing? I have no address in Alberta, can I use my friend address to receive PR card?
2) After landing, 3-5 months later, I will drive to Alberta. Do I need re-landing? Do I need special travel document if I have not got PR card at that time? I will drive my car from US to Alberta. Thanks.

ChrisLamb

Mar 16, 2010
Thank you 'the' for letting me know of this job fair, I simply did not know of this event. I will attend and let you know how it goes. Although everyone I meet around here says 'oh civil engineering field is in high demand in Alberta', it appears the supply is way higher than the demand in this field.

the said:
I am a Civil/Environmental engineer, applied some jobs from U.S., but ended up nothing.

ChirsLamb, just let you know that UoC will have a Science & Engineering career fair scheduled on September 25, 2012. I think attending the career fair might help, at least you have a chance to talk to some employers face to face. I was planning to go but am unable to make it. If you go, please keep me posted how it goes.

Thanks,

the

ChrisLamb

Mar 16, 2010

My landing experience dates back to early 2010, so a lot might have changed since then. In any event, I did landing in Niagara Falls and returned within an hour even with SIN card application (I was also an AINP-SRS nominee). I provided a friend's address in Calgary but told them I will be sharing the house with my friend (just don't tell them the address belongs to your friend even if that's the case). I think it's important to provide an Alberta address for the IO to use for the purpose of sending your PR cards especially when you are not landing in Alberta (I heard few people in AINP-SRS stream tried to land in other provinces and were denied PR because IO was flagged of their intent to reside in Alberta; providing an address in Alberta, you will be able to say, "well even though I am landing here, I eventually will live in Alberta"). For you second question, I am 100% positive that you can use your landing documents (yellow copies of your COPR) in lieu of actual PR cards if you are entering Canada via land (driving your own car etc.)

bkd1969 said:
I have the same questions. Pls let me post my questions here:

I got PPR and VISA. AINP US VISA program. I am working in the US. I am planning for landing in port near detroit next month.
1). I want to come back to the US on the same day after landing. Can I apply PR card at the same time I am landing? I have no address in Alberta, can I use my friend address to receive PR card?
2) After landing, 3-5 months later, I will drive to Alberta. Do I need re-landing? Do I need special travel document if I have not got PR card at that time? I will drive my car from US to Alberta. Thanks.

bkd1969

May 1, 2011

ChrisLamb said:
My landing experience dates back to early 2010, so a lot might have changed since then. In any event, I did landing in Niagara Falls and returned within an hour even with SIN card application (I was also an AINP-SRS nominee). I provided a friend's address in Calgary but told them I will be sharing the house with my friend (just don't tell them the address belongs to your friend even if that's the case). I think it's important to provide an Alberta address for the IO to use for the purpose of sending your PR cards especially when you are not landing in Alberta (I heard few people in AINP-SRS stream tried to land in other provinces and were denied PR because IO was flagged of their intent to reside in Alberta; providing an address in Alberta, you will be able to say, "well even though I am landing here, I eventually will live in Alberta"). For you second question, I am 100% positive that you can use your landing documents (yellow copies of your COPR) in lieu of actual PR cards if you are entering Canada via land (driving your own car etc.)
Thanks ChrisLamb. My landing visa expires On May 1, 2013, the day before my medical exam anniversary. If I did not land until March or April 2013, will have some problem? I need time to prepare for license exam so I can I work in Canada, also selling car, quit job , etc.

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

bkd1969 said:
Thanks ChrisLamb. My landing visa expires On May 1, 2013, the day before my medical exam anniversary. If I did not land until March or April 2013, will have some problem? I need time to prepare for license exam so I can I work in Canada, also selling car, quit job , etc.
you can land anywhere in Canada. Tell them that you are here for landing. if they ask you for address then provide. some times they may ask you to apply for PR card when you move permanently to Canada. Dont worry. You can always update the address by calling CIC call center. that's what I did. I accidentally told them that I am visiting so they dint ask me for address. if you have trouble getting PR card then you have to go to local Canadian consulate and apply for travel document (costs about 100 I think)..about job search Canadian employers prefer local candidates..so if you have a solid job in USA .. don't just quit and come here and sit on bench..start searching from there itself.. just remember Canadian economy is 1/10 of us and dependent on natural resources...so plz dont think that PR in Canada is same as GC in USA...you have all the rights but not really help to get you a job..

bkd1969

May 1, 2011

legalcitizen said:
you can land anywhere in Canada. Tell them that you are here for landing. if they ask you for address then provide. some times they may ask you to apply for PR card when you move permanently to Canada. Dont worry. You can always update the address by calling CIC call center. that's what I did. I accidentally told them that I am visiting so they dint ask me for address. if you have trouble getting PR card then you have to go to local Canadian consulate and apply for travel document (costs about 100 I think)..about job search Canadian employers prefer local candidates..so if you have a solid job in USA .. don't just quit and come here and sit on bench..start searching from there itself.. just remember Canadian economy is 1/10 of us and dependent on natural resources...so plz dont think that PR in Canada is same as GC in USA...you have all the rights but not really help to get you a job..
"Canadian employers prefer local candidates"? how local is local? is there any equal employment opportunity law in Canada?

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

bkd1969 said:
"Canadian employers prefer local candidates"? how local is local? is there any equal employment opportunity law in Canada?
there is one..but all that law does is to prevent discrimination against color , appearance etc..no where it mentions that employers have to hire immigrants..

local means Canadian experience or education.. still people find jobs without Canadian experience but little difficult .. will take time.. that's why IMO its better to search from US itself. IMO In this economy job and job alone is the most important thing ..not how we are frustrated with US immigration and want to move to Canada etc..

if you have a solid job with no visa issues in USA , dont rush to move to Canada..thats all I can say..

Regards

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012

legalcitizen said:
Very tru.....Take your dicison carefully...

ChrisLamb

Mar 16, 2010
I was at today's job fair at UoC....although most of the large companies had their stalls at the fair, they seemed bit for advertising their companies than anything else...they wanted me to apply online rather than submitting my hard copy resume to them....also, some of the companies told me they were there to attract new or future grads from UoC itself and they did not have personnel with enough knowledge to answer my querries (as an experienced professional)....I won't say it was a total waste of time, however I don't call it very informative either.

the said:
I am a Civil/Environmental engineer, applied some jobs from U.S., but ended up nothing.

ChirsLamb, just let you know that UoC will have a Science & Engineering career fair scheduled on September 25, 2012. I think attending the career fair might help, at least you have a chance to talk to some employers face to face. I was planning to go but am unable to make it. If you go, please keep me posted how it goes.

Thanks,

the

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
ChrisLamb, thanks for sharing your experience at the job fair. It is disappointing to hear that it is not very helpful. Good luck with your job hunting.

the

ChrisLamb said:
I was at today's job fair at UoC....although most of the large companies had their stalls at the fair, they seemed bit for advertising their companies than anything else...they wanted me to apply online rather than submitting my hard copy resume to them....also, some of the companies told me they were there to attract new or future grads from UoC itself and they did not have personnel with enough knowledge to answer my querries (as an experienced professional)....I won't say it was a total waste of time, however I don't call it very informative either.

sherryseth

Sep 30, 2012
Re: SRS - AINP Landing Experience and related.

Hi Everyone,

Actually I am an international student and I just recently graduated from college in Business Marketing. I live in Ontario. Ok so as we know that we can't apply for the P.R until unless we get a decent job or offer letter from any company. So regarding this I had a question to ask you, I was working in the gas station from last 11 months as a part time but now they are offering me as a Supervisor position with good pay, but the question is Can i apply for the landing card as a Supervisor title position in gas station. I would really appreciate if you guys help me out. Thank you so much

bkd1969

May 1, 2011

sherryseth said:
Hi Everyone,

Actually I am an international student and I just recently graduated from college in Business Marketing. I live in Ontario. Ok so as we know that we can't apply for the P.R until unless we get a decent job or offer letter from any company. So regarding this I had a question to ask you, I was working in the gas station from last 11 months as a part time but now they are offering me as a Supervisor position with good pay, but the question is Can i apply for the landing card as a Supervisor title position in gas station. I would really appreciate if you guys help me out. Thank you so much
i am going to land in the port near buffalo from the US, is this PR card form I need to fill out? it looks such complicated. it needs a lot docs such copy of all passport page, payment receipt, etc.

is it really such complicated?

bkd1969

May 1, 2011

bkd1969 said:
i am going to land in the port near buffalo from the US, is this PR card form I need to fill out? it looks such complicated. it needs a lot docs such copy of all passport page, payment receipt, etc.

is it really such complicated?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5444E.pdf

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

bkd1969 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5444E.pdf
You don't need to fill any form..provide the address if they ask you..if not call cic call center later and update the address..

that form is for pr card renuvals...

good luck..

bkd1969

May 1, 2011

legalcitizen said:
You don't need to fill any form..provide the address if they ask you..if not call cic call center later and update the address..

that form is for pr card renuvals...

good luck..
thanks!!