+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP-H1B SRS Finalized/Approved in CIC Buffalo

Arsenal

May 15, 2009
My background check has been stuck there for a while. My process started in January 2009. Since I was 18 I lived in 2 countries; the US and my home country.
I traveled to 2 or 3 countries since then ... Not much to look at.
1- one day in an EU country for 1 day transit.
2- North African Country to the beach - for less than a week
3- An Island in EU for a week when I turned 18.

Go figures .. Its been almost 8 month .. I can wait few more ...

ZAD

Jun 24, 2009
Hello All,

Here are my timelines

Application sent to Buffalo: 12/30/08
AOR: 3/24/09
Medical Done: 4/08/09
Additional Doc & PCC sub: 6/5/09
PPR : ????? Still no response - file at Buffalo :(

ZAD

Jun 24, 2009
I have a question

Are they supposed to make decision before the expiration of Medicals ( which is 1 year).

In case they ask to redo the medicals . WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COST?

I PAID ALMOST $1500 FOR MYSELF, WIFE, 3 KIDS. ALSO, I PAID $1000+ATTORNEY FEE FOR PREMIUM PROCESSING SINCE ALBERTA WAS NOT ACCEPTING MY USCIS RECEIPT NOTICE EVEN THOUGH I SENT THEM LAST 8 YEARS OF H-1B APPROVALS.

xprsurslf

Mar 19, 2009
ZAD said:
Hello All,

Here are my timelines

Application sent to Buffalo: 12/30/08
AOR: 3/24/09
Medical Done: 4/08/09
Additional Doc & PCC sub: 6/5/09
PPR : ????? Still no response - file at Buffalo :(
Ohh wow I thought I was having a long wait but this is crazy. Here are my time lines. At first I thought it was longer for ppl from certain countries but it seems its common for all applications going to Buffalo. What a shame. Good thing is that I am not in a rush atleast for now

Btw: what determines if an application gets sent to Buffalo instead of LA?

Also what is this CAIPS thing?

Application sent to Buffalo: 03/23/09
AOR: 05/15/2009
Medical Done: 06/15/09
PCC sub: 6/15/09
Additional Doc: 08/04/09

Application received in May2009 and in progress.. I guess I made the right decision when I left US to pursue better job opportunities overseas.

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Hi dna- Have any idea what B'F (bring forward) date means? Bring forward to a new consulate (i.e. New York / LA Consulate) or Buffalo reopening your file? Any ideas? Hope to hear from you.

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
hi jpadz- nope... no updates for me. :-(
i am waiting for updates from findude and dna.
i hope their files get moving. same as ours.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
optimusprime said:
Hi dna- Have any idea what B'F (bring forward) date means? Bring forward to a new consulate (i.e. New York / LA Consulate) or Buffalo reopening your file? Any ideas? Hope to hear from you.
B'F date is date around which Buffalo will reopen the case. It is not the date on which they will re-open but approximate date. And on that date they might put another B'F date in future. And I doubt after medical and RPRF they will transfer it to NY or elsewhere.

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
Hey Dnataraj,

I believe your case started processing in January 2009. As per Timelines on cic.gc.ca Buffalo take about 10 months to finalize 80% of its cases. And after calculating the time which is the worst case scenario you should get your PPR by November 2009 latest.

Also i did not find anybody who received PPR from Buffalo. So i guess bufflao is taking their own time to process the AINP cases. So dont loose hopes and get ready for good news...hopefully...

dnataraj said:
optimusprime said:
B'F date is date around which Buffalo will reopen the case. It is not the date on which they will re-open but approximate date. And on that date they might put another B'F date in future. And I doubt after medical and RPRF they will transfer it to NY or elsewhere.

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
hello everyone,

I just wanted to provide you guys some updates on my case. I got an email from Buffalo and they are now asking for my passports. I also checked eCas and my status changed to 'Medical received'...

Just wanted to share the good news. so all people in Buffalo right now, there is hope.

optimus.

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Optimusprime,

Wow! That is such a good news! I am so happy for you.

By the way, why did you receive the PPR from CIC Buffalo thru email? Why didn't you get it through postal mail like others do?

I really hope that my PPR will be next in line.

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
yeah, not sure why it came thru in the email... but i don't mind. it had my file number and it came from <email>@international.gc.ca and had instructions on where to send, passport requirements etc.

i will also check in the post if something will be sent out there. i'll let you know.

jpadz said:
Optimusprime,

Wow! That is such a good news! I am so happy for you.

By the way, why did you receive the PPR from CIC Buffalo thru email? Why didn't you get it through postal mail like others do?

I really hope that my PPR will be next in line.

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Optimusprime,

Thanks for the immediate reply. This is the first time I've heard of it. And like you, I won't mind too haveing the PPR in the email so long as they will approve my PR application.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what country had you or your spouse lived before, other than the US and the Philippines? I just want to check if it's somewhere in the Middle East so that I will have a slight idea on how long will I wait until our bacground check will be completed.

Thanks again Kabayan!

Congrats again!