Haven't heard back from them since then

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
My Timeline

Application sent to cic - May 4th 2009
Application received - May 5th 2009
Money order cashed - May 18th 2009
Medical request - July 20th 2009 (dated 17th July)
Medicals done - July 28th and sent on August 4th
Initial Assessment - August 10th (state pccs NY and RPRF)
Docs sent - September 1st, reached on 2nd september

Ecas shows : We started processing on July 17th

RPRF money cashed on 9th september

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
In my case, nothing yet.

Hope dnataraj hears some good news from buffalo since he is our benchmark :)

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Nothing yet. I have ordered for CAIPS. I will let you guys know what it has when I get it.

BTW jpadz, where did you read about "rumors" that CIC Buffalo is not processing AINP-H1B SRS cases

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
dnataraj,

I have seen a post about it here in the forum. It isn't confirmed though.
Please update us the moment you got something from them. Thanks!

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
dnataraj said:
Nothing yet. I have ordered for CAIPS. I will let you guys know what it has when I get it.

BTW jpadz, where did you read about "rumors" that CIC Buffalo is not processing AINP-H1B SRS cases
I briefly read that somewhere too. I just can't find where I was able to see that. If I do, I'll you guys know.

dna- do let us know if you get any updates. goodluck!

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
optimusprime said:
dnataraj said:

I briefly read that somewhere too. I just can't find where I was able to see that. If I do, I'll you guys know.

dna- do let us know if you get any updates. good-luck!
All,

Even if the rumors are true, what does it mean? While the cases transfered to NY or elsewhere are finalized, what will happen to guys ending up at Buffalo? It cannot be true as there is no basis as to deny processing those files at Buffalo. It is just our luck (rather bad luck) we ended up at Buffalo. But there is no logic behind it. Its frustrating that only I and other on this thread end up with this impasse.

Please air your views.

My CAIPS might come this week (thats what the Lawyer emailed me!!). I shall share the status ASAP.

Arsenal

May 15, 2009
I have been done with my stuff since late February 09. Buffalo keeps saying that they are doing background check. They started my process in January 2009. Its been LONG TIME. I am drained, and I went on with my life. If I ever receive the PPR, it will be like winning the lottery.
Back in May I started looking at stuff in Alberta, housing, job, hobbies, clubs, ... got my self so excited.

Should I have sent my application to a different consulate? I thought every immigration application in the US has to go through Buffalo.

magiqhand

Oct 7, 2008
Quick update.
My RPRF cheque was cashed on September 15th. Still waiting...
I don't believe in the rumor. I am sure Buffalo works on H1B SRS cases.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
magiqhand said:
Quick update.
True. Even I rather don't (want to) believe the rumor :). Me RPRF was en-cashed on June 22nd. And still waiting. I got my CAIPS notes. All I could find out was my paper screening is over, passed, and Bring forward date is 13th Sep. It also shows Medicals are successful. After that it is a week and I think something will happen soon.

Abour Arsenal's point: yes we all have to apply to Buffalo if from US. They will distribute them to different consulates based on some criteria which I am not able to comprehend from the pattern of distribution.

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
dnataraj said:
magiqhand said:
Quick update.
True. Even I rather don't (want to) believe the rumor :). Me RPRF was en-cashed on June 22nd. And still waiting. I got my CAIPS notes. All I could find out was my paper screening is over, passed, and Bring forward date is 13th Sep. It also shows Medicals are successful. After that it is a week and I think something will happen soon.

Abour Arsenal's point: yes we all have to apply to Buffalo if from US. They will distribute them to different consulates based on some criteria which I am not able to comprehend from the pattern of distribution.
Hi dna! I have been eager to hear about your updates. That progress is good news. I do hope that your papers move on. God bless you on your application. :) I hope ours move along as well.

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
I agree with you all. Let's just be positive that things will start moving on with CIC Buffalo.

To Dnataraj: Thanks for keeping us posted on your CAIPS. We'll hope and pray that you will receive your PPR anytime soon so we can follow too :)

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
Guys my case is also in Buffalo and my RPRF ck got encashed on Spetember 9th. Looking at other cases it seems we have a long way to go.