Here's my timeline:

AINP sent to CIC: 2nd March
AOR/Med recd: 18th May
Medicals Sent: 2nd June
State Police certs requested: 26th June
State Police certs mailed: 25th July

magiqhand

Oct 7, 2008
Guys I am not sure how true this information is but it can give us a estimate on how long the wait is going to be.
Hopeffuly we will not have to wait this long.
Read below.
Background Check Delays (source: http://www.caips.ca/news.shtml)
Background checks are proving particularly troublesome for some clients - if you have lived in more than one country, be prepared for a wait of possibly 6-9 months (some clients have had to wait a year or even two years!).

Have you guys lived in different countries for more than six month in the past 10 years?

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
magiqhand said:
Guys I am not sure how true this information is but it can give us a estimate on how long the wait is going to be.
Hopeffuly we will not have to wait this long.
Read below.
Background Check Delays (source: http://www.caips.ca/news.shtml)
Background checks are proving particularly troublesome for some clients - if you have lived in more than one country, be prepared for a wait of possibly 6-9 months (some clients have had to wait a year or even two years!).

Have you guys lived in different countries for more than six month in the past 10 years?
Probably, you are right. I am waiting for quite a long time. My Application was sent in 2008 (Dec 1st week) and e-cas shows "started processing in Jan 2009". In fact I lived in 3 countries for more than 6 months apart from my home country. However, it is good for all Canadians and immigrants as well if they do thorough checks. Everyone will be safe :)

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
yeah - i was wondering... should we order caips notes too in order to know where our applications are at? will it make the process faster? what do you think?

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Yes its worth ordering CAIPS. at least you will know where the ball is hanging albeit it will not fasten the process.

I ordered them with www.lawpoint.ca It was easy and I got it in 40 days. There are other sites also like http://www.caips.ca/ try with the one which is cheapest (Google for CAIPS).

Frankly, I am drained out ;)

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Could it be possible that Buffalo keeps the cases that have the most time consuming background checks?

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
Hey Dnataraj

What about your bring forward date. If i am not wrong it is Sep 13 and if they go by that date then i guess you should get something anytime now.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am second on this one DNA... give us some good news buddy you are here on this forum since long timeeeeeeeeeee. infact i am tooooooooo.

moiz4you said:
Hey Dnataraj

What about your bring forward date. If i am not wrong it si Sep 13 and if they go by that date then i guess you should be get something anytime now.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
I hope so. Its one week past B'F date. No news yet.

Despo,
I am eager to give a good news but this immigration pregnancy is taking its own time.
Now I remember my childhood rhymes
"Men may come; men may go; but I am here forever...."

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
Hey Dnataraj,

Did you try to email buffalo and ask them what's going on with your case? Did they give you the background check crap?

If you did contact them what did they say?

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
GUys,

When buffalo consulate says they are doing some background check from different government agencies, what are they actually doing. What kind of background checks?

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
manianz47 said:
Hi

Background check - Is not the PCC from the State / Country supposed to do that ?
PCC is only for the country/place we resided for more than 6 months. And we, the candidates are getting it and sending them. Background check is to check involvement in military, espionage or terrorism activities. More countries one has visited in the past longer it will take.

I think in my case it is delaying the process. Apart from living in 4 countries I have traveled to a dozen +. So, I think they will check in all those countries.