+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Age Limit for Student Visa

aamsoh

Aug 10, 2011
Dear All,

I want to apply for Student Visa, and I want to know what is the age limit for it. I am 33 years old can I apply ?
I visited some consultants, few told me it doesn't matter and few told me after 30 immigration ppl doesn't accept your application.

Now I am confused ::), please guide me what to do now ?

Thanking you in advance.
Waiting for reply.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There was a guy on this board who was retired and he got a student visa to go to Canada so judging from that, there is no age limit.

NEER4DEC

Aug 12, 2011
u can apply for study visa at this age ...but only for masters and phd....and u also have to satisfied the visa officer that your genuine purpose is study only....so write a good sop for visa and apply.

Viz

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamsoh said:
Dear All,

I want to apply for Student Visa, and I want to know what is the age limit for it. I am 33 years old can I apply ?
I visited some consultants, few told me it doesn't matter and few told me after 30 immigration ppl doesn't accept your application.

Now I am confused ::), please guide me what to do now ?

Thanking you in advance.
Waiting for reply.

There is absolutely no age limit for student visa.

NeedleArtist

Star Member
Oct 9, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NEER4DEC said:
u can apply for study visa at this age ...but only for masters and phd....and u also have to satisfied the visa officer that your genuine purpose is study only....so write a good sop for visa and apply.
This information is incorrect. I'm a 51-year old retiree (I'm the guy Leon referred to in post #3, above) and am currently attending Langara College in Vancouver on a study permit. I'm enrolled in a 2-year Diploma program and have no prior post-secondary eduction. I recently changed to a Diploma with Co-op program. My wife (age 53) is accompanying me and has a spousal open work permit, and I recently applied for and received 2 work permits for 1) co-op, and 2) off-campus employment. Neither of us has used our work permits (except for the Co-op permit) but we wanted the option and flexibility "just-in-case".

faithworks

Oct 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NeedleArtist said:
This information is incorrect. I'm a 51-year old retiree (I'm the guy Leon referred to in post #3, above) and am currently attending Langara College in Vancouver on a study permit. I'm enrolled in a 2-year Diploma program and have no prior post-secondary eduction. I recently changed to a Diploma with Co-op program. My wife (age 53) is accompanying me and has a spousal open work permit, and I recently applied for and received 2 work permits for 1) co-op, and 2) off-campus employment. Neither of us has used our work permits (except for the Co-op permit) but we wanted the option and flexibility "just-in-case".
Hello NeedleArtist, Could you please tell me what documents and proof of funds did you show to get the study permit? Did they ask you about the financial stability of your dependants e.g your children or your parents? I will be applying for the may2012 intake and I am on 35 running. many Thanks

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
So far as you don't pose a threat to their country, There is no Age limit but your documents must be convincing that you are actually going to do the course you are entering for and on completion of your programme you will go back to your country.

Loolo

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Like I told in the other post

"First of all its never too old to study, that being the point my friend was 29 when he applied for a three year course at Centennial College - Toronto with an engineering degree for an international business course and he got it.

You just need a strong profile.

Hope that helps"

gingertwix

Jan 4, 2012
hi, my husband is 27 and wants to apply for student visa for his bachelors, due to some sad predicaments in his early years, he completed his A-levels june 2011, is it too late for him in terms of his age to apply for bachelors? also id like to accompany him, will i get a spousal visa and the permit to work?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Katedouglas said:
hi i am 28 years old i want to apply student visa can i apply ?
Yes