+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After the first PEQ interview, received second interview invitation. Is it normal?

seanshine

Mar 4, 2019
Hi,

I applied for an immigration under PEQ graduate program.

I only took French courses at McGill, so received the invitation of the interview and did so last week (Feb 25th)

This week, I received another letter that I have another interview which is scheduled for the next month.

I never heard someone received the second interview invitation. Is it normal? Should I do something about it?

Feri12

Aug 9, 2018
Hi,

I applied for an immigration under PEQ graduate program.

I only took French courses at McGill, so received the invitation of the interview and did so last week (Feb 25th)

This week, I received another letter that I have another interview which is scheduled for the next month.

I never heard someone received the second interview invitation. Is it normal? Should I do something about it?
Hi,
Send them an email (in French) and ask. They usually provide an email address in the interview invitation letter (just in case you could not participate in the interview session).

Reactions: seanshine

A Physician Mom

Mar 25, 2018
I suggest that you go or call them and ask them if that wasn't a mistake
BUT you should speak with them french not english
If you cannot speak French well then you need a lawyer helping you how to do

seanshine

Mar 4, 2019
I suggest that you go or call them and ask them if that wasn't a mistake
BUT you should speak with them french not english
If you cannot speak French well then you need a lawyer helping you how to do
you mean go to the midi office? Because when I called them asking why I am receiving a second interview, the call respondent kept repeating I don't know, it is not me who decide this decision.. really unhelpful.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
you mean go to the midi office? Because when I called them asking why I am receiving a second interview, the call respondent kept repeating I don't know, it is not me who decide this decision.. really unhelpful.
Is there any reference to the first interview in the letter.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
no it does not say so. the letters are identical except the date. I contacted them but they said I have to wait for now,,
I am really concerned about this
My guess is that it has been sent out in mistake. I am not doubting MIDI's racial profiling agenda but besides that it's a chaotic organization. Someone out there isn't happy with amount of mental harassment you have already gone through. The only other harassment left is physical which I suppose they will bring a bill in their parliament. Then it will be a true Nazi state with Heil Legault posters everywhere. They will destroy Quebec in next few years

lydiattt

Oct 10, 2018
Hi there,
I would like to know if you went to your second interview early April? And if not, have you received any decision yet regarding your interview late February? I recently did my interview too and now am waiting for a decision.......

ned_stark

Apr 15, 2019
Hi there,
I would like to know if you went to your second interview early April? And if not, have you received any decision yet regarding your interview late February? I recently did my interview too and now am waiting for a decision.......
Hello lydiatt,

When was your interview exactly? How did it go? Have you already called MIDI to have an inquiry?

In fact, I was invited to their interview on 26 March and I believed that it went well. However, I am still waiting for the response. I just called them today and they said there is still no decision taken about my PEQ application.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello lydiatt,

When was your interview exactly? How did it go? Have you already called MIDI to have an inquiry?

In fact, I was invited to their interview on 26 March and I believed that it went well. However, I am still waiting for the response. I just called them today and they said there is still no decision taken about my PEQ application.
Hi there,
Quick question to both of you : Did you sit for tefaq/TCF? If not which institute you attended for French B2 diploma?

Thanks and also if you don't mind sharing your nationality.

ned_stark

Apr 15, 2019
Quick question to both of you : Did you sit for tefaq/TCF? If not which institute you attended for French B2 diploma?

Thanks and also if you don't mind sharing your nationality.
Yes sure. As I would expect an interview since I passed required French course in Laval University, not Tefaq/TCF. I m from Iran.

Do you know how long it takes to get final answer these days after interview?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Yes sure. As I would expect an interview since I passed required French course in Laval University, not Tefaq/TCF. I m from Iran.

I was also guessing Iran, China, Vietnam, South Korea, India.

After interview 6-8 weeks has been the norm before. Maybe they do it early.

Good Luck and I will remember you in my prayers.

lydiattt

Oct 10, 2018
Hello lydiatt,

Hi, my interview was in early April, so pretty recent. I feel like it went well in general, but i had some pretty tricky questions related to my work and stage details. I know someone who did the interview on March 13th, and they still haven't heard back from MIDI. Good luck!

lydiattt

Oct 10, 2018

I knew that I would get an interview as well because I submitted the French B2 class transcript from a Cegep in Quebec. I'm Chinese.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I knew that I would get an interview as well because I submitted the French B2 class transcript from a Cegep in Quebec. I'm Chinese.
Problem is nationality and not french. I have been compiling data for last 2 years. The disturbing trend is more than 90% of cases are from their racial profiling agenda. It's a deliberate attempt to scare away skilled migrants out of Quebec and promote unskilled refugees who are from former french colonies.

All the best