+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After the first PEQ interview, received second interview invitation. Is it normal?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Like in uni courses they have 60% so if you score 80-90% they dont call for an interview that is what i heard
Nothing like that ... There's been a case on the forum where someone's husband scored more than 90% but was still called for interview. A friend of mine had 4 out of 6 modules from CEP Concordia with more than 90% and other 2 more than 80%, aggregate 90%+ but was still called for interview. He cleared the interview though but the process took close to 6 months in total for peq csq.

All the best

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
Nothing like that ... There's been a case on the forum where someone's husband scored more than 90% but was still called for interview. A friend of mine had 4 out of 6 modules from CEP Concordia with more than 90% and other 2 more than 80%, aggregate 90%+ but was still called for interview. He cleared the interview though but the process took close to 6 months in total for peq csq.

All the best
Thank you for the response, how is the interview, what questions do they ask and how long is it approximately?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thank you for the response, how is the interview, what questions do they ask and how long is it approximately?
Interview 20-30 minutes with questions on your background, country of origin, why Quebec?, Cultural difference, work description etc.

Cindy34

Apr 13, 2019
Good evening everyone,

Has anyone received results from the interview recently?

How’s it going?

Thanks

lydiattt

Oct 10, 2018
Yes sure. As I would expect an interview since I passed required French course in Laval University, not Tefaq/TCF. I m from Iran.

Do you know how long it takes to get final answer these days after interview?
Hey, have you received any updates from MIDI?

lydiattt

Oct 10, 2018
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to updated on my case, I finally got my csq approved on May 16th (interview was on April 9th). Just got the mail today because I was out of country for the past two weeks.

Good luck, everyone!

Reactions: harvijay1001

lydiattt

Oct 10, 2018
Personally, I think my interview was not that easy but I did prepare for it pretty well.

It lasted for like 45-50 mins including those random chatting at the beginning and in the end. I had questions related to my work (what I do, daily tasks, explaining projects I am involved in, if I use French at work, etc), my study (very detailed ones), my internship at school, my career plans, why I prefer to work in Canada, my previous history of studying French. We also discussed education systems between Canada and my home country, mental health issues among teenagers nowadays, pressure from school, parents, and the disadvantage of the advancement of technology. Some other things include why do I want to stay here, advantages of working here comparing to my home country, one thing about my home country that I think is better than that in Canada. She also asked me to describe a piece of recent news that I heard from radio/Internet, then we had a discussion on that as well (comparing people's attitudes towards food & nutrition in Canada and my home country).

It was really like a daily chat, there was obviously more questions during the interview than I listed above. My suggestion is to have a list of potential questions you might get and practice with your francophone friends and/or tutors. Once again, good luck, everyone!

Cindy34

Apr 13, 2019
Personally, I think my interview was not that easy but I did prepare for it pretty well.

It lasted for like 45-50 mins including those random chatting at the beginning and in the end. I had questions related to my work (what I do, daily tasks, explaining projects I am involved in, if I use French at work, etc), my study (very detailed ones), my internship at school, my career plans, why I prefer to work in Canada, my previous history of studying French. We also discussed education systems between Canada and my home country, mental health issues among teenagers nowadays, pressure from school, parents, and the disadvantage of the advancement of technology. Some other things include why do I want to stay here, advantages of working here comparing to my home country, one thing about my home country that I think is better than that in Canada. She also asked me to describe a piece of recent news that I heard from radio/Internet, then we had a discussion on that as well (comparing people's attitudes towards food & nutrition in Canada and my home country).

It was really like a daily chat, there was obviously more questions during the interview than I listed above. My suggestion is to have a list of potential questions you might get and practice with your francophone friends and/or tutors. Once again, good luck, everyone!
Thank you very much for sharing your experience!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017

Awesome. It was a long interview and I guess the interviewer was cordial.

All the best for your future