+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After deportation can one come back to canada

BCSquirrel

Apr 24, 2013
The father of my children has lived in Canada since he was 12 years old. At the age of 40 he was deported back to Jamaica (for reasons I do not know). He does not know Jamaica or the culture. He felt lost and scared. He has recently has become mentally ill due to the stress and is living on the street. I want to bring him back to Canada. How do I go about starting the process.

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
REDONE: 22-01-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
How do you not know why the father of your children was deported?

In order to even have a remote chance, you will need to know everything there is to know about his case.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
yeah we need to know a bit more info to know if he can come back

why was he deported,
what kind of deporation order was given, was it regular deportation, lifetime ban, exclusion order?

does he have any form of education ?

are you and him married or common-law?

papirico

Star Member
Mar 17, 2013
The answer to your question is yes!, he can come back. People in this forum have successfully brought spouses back after deportation.
But it sounds like he's not your spouse, just the father of your children and deported time ago?. More info indeed is needed.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
unless he was deported for a criminality and has a lifetime ban, than it will be close to impossible to bring him back.

so its important to find out why he was deported. and than go from there

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Can one come back to Canada after a deportation (has no criminal record)

Hello all,

here is my story. One year ago my boyfriend who I have been with for approx. 2 and half years was ordered to leave Canada, unfortunately he did not leave. One year later he was picked up by Toronto police while riding his scoter (on oct 14, 2013), they then asked for his ID which he presented and was told their is a warrant out for his arrest by Immigration Canada. (he has no criminal record and was told this by immigration and the metro police. He was then placed in Immigration Holding Centre at Rexdale , unfortunately I was not able to come up with bond money. I then cooperated with his deportation officer and followed all procedures for his deportation (I purchased his one way ticket back to Guyana) He is now gone, he left Oct 24, 2013. My boyfriend were planning to get marry and was just awaiting his divorce papers to take affect. (which is still being process and should be cleared up by next month). After his divorce which will take approx. 2 months to become official I will be going to Guyana (I to was born there but have been Canadian Citizen for over 40 years). After our marriage which will be in April of next year 2014 I want to sponsor him to Canada. I've been educating myself with this process and understand a fair amount of information mentioned. I know he has to apply for ARC and the cost is $400.00 he did pay his own ticket so there will be no fee to pay back Canada. My question is what are my chances for his return to Canada, at that time he will be my husband I have so much proof of our relationship before and after marriage. Can he apply for the ARC before the one year ban or does he do that during the sponsorship process. Again my husband to be has no criminal record he just didn't go back when he was order too and after being detained he had no choice but to return to his homeland. Can someone help me please with some answers.

M

mikeymyke

Re: Can one come back to Canada after a deportation (has no criminal record)

needhimback said:
Hello all,

here is my story. One year ago my boyfriend who I have been with for approx. 2 and half years was ordered to leave Canada, unfortunately he did not leave. One year later he was picked up by Toronto police while riding his scoter (on oct 14, 2013), they then asked for his ID which he presented and was told their is a warrant out for his arrest by Immigration Canada. (he has no criminal record and was told this by immigration and the metro police. He was then placed in Immigration Holding Centre at Rexdale , unfortunately I was not able to come up with bond money. I then cooperated with his deportation officer and followed all procedures for his deportation (I purchased his one way ticket back to Guyana) He is now gone, he left Oct 24, 2013. My boyfriend were planning to get marry and was just awaiting his divorce papers to take affect. (which is still being process and should be cleared up by next month). After his divorce which will take approx. 2 months to become official I will be going to Guyana (I to was born there but have been Canadian Citizen for over 40 years). After our marriage which will be in April of next year 2014 I want to sponsor him to Canada. I've been educating myself with this process and understand a fair amount of information mentioned. I know he has to apply for ARC and the cost is $400.00 he did pay his own ticket so there will be no fee to pay back Canada. My question is what are my chances for his return to Canada, at that time he will be my husband I have so much proof of our relationship before and after marriage. Can he apply for the ARC before the one year ban or does he do that during the sponsorship process. Again my husband to be has no criminal record he just didn't go back when he was order too and after being detained he had no choice but to return to his homeland. Can someone help me please with some answers.
You will have a tough hill to climb through sponsorship, because your soon to be husband, has shown a continued defiance of Canadian law, first of all, by remaining illegally in the country in the first place, and then defying a deportation order. This shows that he has a strong desire to remain in Canada, even illegally. And you chose not to marry him, until after he was deported, so that could give the impression that the marriage was done primarily for immigrating to Canada, which will lead to an automatic refusal of your application for sponsorship.

It would've been a lot easier for both of you had he left the country when he was supposed to, and then you married him after that. By staying illegally, he actually made it harder for him to stay in Canada, because of what I had explained above. Not really worth the gamble is it? Besides, if he stays illegally, how is he supposed to get free health care? How can he get a driver's license? How can he get a SIN card? How can he obtain a mortgage to buy a house or a car? How can he get employment without taking low paying cash jobs? How can he file for tax refunds? How can he apply for a bank card, direct deposit for bills, etc? Has your husband even thought about any of this? Or was he so desperate to stay in Canada, that he didn't even care? You know, as an illegal immigrant, all he needs is for one police officer to pull him over for a broken taillight, speeding, etc, and they will see he not have a license, that he's illegal immigrant, and now he's getting deported. Is it really worth the risk to be an illegal? He couldn't even try to take a skilled trade in his home country for 2 years and apply as a provincial nominee? Or even easier, just marry you after he left Canada when he was supposed to?

Seriously, I hate it when people try to abuse our immigration system and don't play by the rules.

Reactions: HEADSPIN

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
to : mikeymyke

First and formost he wasnt trying to abuse the immirgation system. Theres are other reasons he did not go back home. They knew he was here but eventually it came down to deportation. I honestly do not agree with you inregards to the sponsorship might be denied because I'm planning to marry him in April. As noted in my first post I did mention that we was getting married but because his divorce was in a pending stage it was unable to do so. I do agree that he should have left when he was order to do so, but because of his situation he couldn't. Yes your right illegal immirgrant can't hide all their life here, this I agree with. and just to let you know lots of illegal immirgant here in Canada can obtain a bank card, work, even get a sin card, so I do think you know too much about that. The only things they prob cant do is file taxes.

Thanks for your advice but I dont think my hill will be that tough to climb....number one he didnt leave with a criminal record from Canada (he kept the peace) and secondly I have enough proof of a relationship before and after marriage. Infact his deporation officer is eye witness of my relationship with my husband to be and I am hoping he can write or speak on my behalf. If my husband was divorce in time of his deporation we would have been married here in Canada first. ( I would have volunteering taken him into immirgation, for I was the most co-opertive person on his deportation case also).

I also have proof pertaining to the waiting period of his divorce which was the main reason for the slow up with our marriage.

Once again thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Assuming you have a lot of evidence to prove your relationship genuine, his chances of returning to Canada are good (in my opinion), once he has been issued a PR visa. But I would expect longer than usual processing times for your application and quite likely an interview.

I would say his chances of returning on a tourist visa before PR is approved are zero.

You do not apply for the ARC separately. You apply for PR and the ARC is dealt with as part of the PR application.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
BCSquirrel join us in the Jamaica thread we will be more then glad to help you out.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/kingstonjamaica-t29680.38910.html

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
needhimback said:
and just to let you know lots of illegal immirgant here in Canada can obtain a bank card, work, even get a sin card, so I do think you know too much about that. The only things they prob cant do is file taxes.
There is a difference between CAN and DO. I know that many illegal immigrants DO work under the table and get other benefits and such. But LEGALLY, they CAN'T or are not supposed to.

Reactions: HEADSPIN

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Thank you scylla that make so much sense. and I will not be applying for him to visit either. everything will be finalize through sponsorship am hoping. You made me feel so much better thanks again and have a great day.

FromBC

Aug 14, 2015
Hi there,

My Fiance who has lived in Canada since 5 and is the father of our daughter was deported back in 2007. He was deported after serving time for manslaughter.

Since then he has gotten his life back on track, went back to University and got his Bachelors of Commerce Degree and has been a productive member of societies ever since. He has only one criminal offense on his record meaning that he's no career criminal.

Im well aware of the inadmissibility laws in Canada and i know he wont be allowed back in Canada based on his criminal conviction. Im also aware that for him to even be considered admissible to Canada he would first need to get a record suspension "formerly know as a pardon" but this option isn't even available for him until he is eligible for this record suspension in 2021. The only way i know that would help him come back to Canada is to get clemency which would be near impossible to get at this point and especially for him considering the circumstances.

Does anyone have any ideas or tips on how to get him back here sooner considering his circumstances?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gilmead

Sep 4, 2017
Hi everyone
I am so glad I stumbled into this and I will really like if my questions are answered here please becus I have been dying of worries.
My children and i were deported March 30th 2017 as a result of a failed refugee claim after living in canada for 1year but before we left canada I married a white canadaian who I am crazily in love with on March 28th originally our wedding was initially slated for summer 2017 so our families could attend but we had to get married before I left. Since we left my husband and i are very much in contact as a matter of fact we talk everyday and my children could not have asked for a better step father,for them hes the only dad they recognize.
He already applied in August to sponsor us back to Canada but I am worried about been deported.
Can anyone please tell me if my deportation will spoil things.

Sziszike

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-09-2016 , 05-04-2017
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Request
21-10-2016
Med's Done....
07-11-2016
Interview........
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2018
Hi everyone
I am so glad I stumbled into this and I will really like if my questions are answered here please becus I have been dying of worries.
My children and i were deported March 30th 2017 as a result of a failed refugee claim after living in canada for 1year but before we left canada I married a white canadaian who I am crazily in love with on March 28th originally our wedding was initially slated for summer 2017 so our families could attend but we had to get married before I left. Since we left my husband and i are very much in contact as a matter of fact we talk everyday and my children could not have asked for a better step father,for them hes the only dad they recognize.
He already applied in August to sponsor us back to Canada but I am worried about been deported.
Can anyone please tell me if my deportation will spoil things.
Hello

I was living in Canada for 12 years I'm a failed refugee too. We got married in Canada but they still send me home. Yes you have a chance to get sponsored and go back to him but let me tell you this it's going to be a hard and long journey. First and foremost if he already gave in the sponsorship application don't wait and given the Arc application. My Arc application just went through it took them three years to process. I'm still waiting for my sponsor visa but at least I can see the end of the tunnel. Don't give up hope everything is possible you guys just have to have proof.