+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

afraid of PR status being revoked. Please help

abby89

Jan 4, 2018
Hello,

But I did not pass through any immigration officers. One lady at the airport who was keeping an eye on the visitors just signed on my form and asked me to go ahead to pick up my luggage. So the declaration form is the only proof that I have entered in Canada?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello,

I did not speak to any customs officer..
You must have the card to leave the customs area. If you used the machine it prints a code on it. And customs knows what the codes mean. I declared a overage in my allowance. When I approached the officer, he looked at the code, asked me what I was over in my allowance ?
No card, no leaving

abby89

Jan 4, 2018
They sure do block the exit and collect the card from EVERYONE. They may not even speak to you.
Ok thank you a lot. I was travelling with my baby. It was very crazy after a very long flight. So I am not able to recollect where I dropped the declaration form. :p I thought I misplaced it.. Thank you again

abby89

Jan 4, 2018
You must have the card to leave the customs area. If you used the machine it prints a code on it. And customs knows what the codes mean. I declared a overage in my allowance. When I approached the officer, he looked at the code, asked me what I was over in my allowance ?
No card, no leaving
Ok thank you :)

lebarnomi

Mar 24, 2024
Hi all : I landed in Feb. 2008, stayed a week ,then left Canada for more than 3 years . Because my PR card will expire in Mar.2013 ,I plan to come back to Canada in July, stay for more than 2 years and renew my card. But I'm afraid of the following scenarios:
1) Visa officer at the airport may report me and revoke my PR status because I'm absent for more than 3 years.
2) I can't renew my card in the future .Because though I lived more than 2 years before application, I'm still absent for 3 years in ANY 5 year period.
Can anyone help me? Many many thanks.