+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

afghani refugee applying for canadian citizenship

Sanamkhan

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi friends We came in to canada 2018 of january. recently my father and my two siblings applied for citizenship because they dont need to give citizenship test as my father is 54 plus and my siblings r under 18. they sent us mail back saying they need birth certificate. The problem is my sister who is 16 years old and was born in Afghanistan doesnt have birth certificate as due to the bad situation in afghanistan at those days we moved to pakistan. now i am not sure what do we send them as a proof of parents? plz help someone

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
I advise you to call IRCC and explain your situation, they'll probably give you options on what to do.
I'm guessing when your family applied for refugee status your father must have used something to prove you were all his children. So perhaps you can use that. Good luck

Sanamkhan

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
I advise you to call IRCC and explain your situation, they'll probably give you options on what to do.
I'm guessing when your family applied for refugee status your father must have used something to prove you were all his children. So perhaps you can use that. Good luck
thank u so much i will try to call them :)