+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Affidavit Request After Name Change in Indian Passport

Abdul Khan

Jun 17, 2019
Hi all,

I got my name split with a declaration only, however, IRCC is requesting an affidavit to update the name in PR. How to produce this document. Was there anyone in the same situation?

Email from IRCC:
Affidavit of name change issued in India detailing the changes (ie. the separation of your given name into a given name and surname). This could possibly be the document you provided to the Indian embassy to have your name changed on your Indian passport.(stamped by the Indian Embassy)

Hank07

Nov 27, 2018
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
8.5, 8.5, 7, 7.5
Hi all,

I got my name split with a declaration only, however, IRCC is requesting an affidavit to update the name in PR. How to produce this document. Was there anyone in the same situation?

Email from IRCC:
Affidavit of name change issued in India detailing the changes (ie. the separation of your given name into a given name and surname). This could possibly be the document you provided to the Indian embassy to have your name changed on your Indian passport.(stamped by the Indian Embassy)
Hi, I am in the similar situation and would like to know what you did in this case.

Hank07

Nov 27, 2018
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
8.5, 8.5, 7, 7.5
What have you done so far?
My AOR is June 24th and I have applied for passport renewal and rectified the Given name and Last name error. What all would i need to explain IRCC for the same? Also, i would appreciate if you could share what you did in this case.

Abdul Khan

Jun 17, 2019
I believe you can submit webform with your current and old passport and explain the changes in LOE and proof the linkage, it should be fine..

Hank07

Nov 27, 2018
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
8.5, 8.5, 7, 7.5
I believe you can submit webform with your current and old passport and explain the changes in LOE and proof the linkage, it should be fine..
Yeah, that's what I am planning to do, at what stage is your application?