+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Affidavit Request After Name Change in Indian Passport

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by Abdul Khan, Jun 19, 2019.

  1. Hi all,

    I got my name split with a declaration only, however, IRCC is requesting an affidavit to update the name in PR. How to produce this document. Was there anyone in the same situation?

    Email from IRCC:
    Affidavit of name change issued in India detailing the changes (ie. the separation of your given name into a given name and surname). This could possibly be the document you provided to the Indian embassy to have your name changed on your Indian passport.(stamped by the Indian Embassy)
  2. Hi, I am in the similar situation and would like to know what you did in this case.
  3. What have you done so far?
  4. My AOR is June 24th and I have applied for passport renewal and rectified the Given name and Last name error. What all would i need to explain IRCC for the same? Also, i would appreciate if you could share what you did in this case.
  5. I believe you can submit webform with your current and old passport and explain the changes in LOE and proof the linkage, it should be fine..
  6. Yeah, that's what I am planning to do, at what stage is your application?
  7. I am already PR. I did after getting my PR card.. got my new pr card as well

Share This Page