+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AEO limitation......What if?

HTN

Apr 16, 2008
Here's another help request to any of the senior members............

Your answers will help me understand the scope of consecuences that may impact my PR visa.

So you know, one of my options to move with my family to Canada is thru the FSW program and supported by an AEO.

However, this questions come to my mind:

1) What if I present my FSW application supported by this AEO and after a couple of months of working with my Canadian employer/sponsor (after my landing) I decide to take another job offer? or simply, there's some problems at work arising and decide to disolve the labour commitment that trigger my sponsorship and the AEO issuance.

2) Will my PR status be in trouble in any of these scenarios? or I'll just be in possition for job hunting but away of any PR visa implications?

Thank you for your advice

sdesh005

Star Member
Feb 20, 2009
Did you ever get an answer to this question? Is it mandatory to work for the employer who sponsored your AEO once you get the PR and land in Canada?

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Dont worry at all, once u land in Canada you are free to join any Canadian employer.Even you are not bound by law to join that specific employer.And if u want to work with tht one for some time you will bound by JUST the limitations of contract you will sign at the time of employment not by CIC/canadian government n it ll not at all efffect your PR status.

cheers

sdesh005

Star Member
Feb 20, 2009
As a follow-up, I want to know if there are any specifics around what kind of company needs to sponsor...size, revenue, no. of employees etc?

Can someone throw some light on these details or direct me to any official links that talk about employer eligibility?

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think so. Just an employer that can prove that no Canadian is available to do the job you have been offered.

sdesh005

Star Member
Feb 20, 2009
barsindoo said:
I don't think so. Just an employer that can prove that no Canadian is available to do the job you have been offered.
Well, I don't think that Labor condition applies to AEO (it does for LMO)...does it?

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
yes, that condition does not apply to AEO . And also there are some specifications for the employer . Dont know exact but should be on CIC site. because when i asked my employer about this he told me about some conditions ... and he qualifies for that

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can find some info on AEO's here: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/supperimm.shtml

An arranged employment opinion (AEO) is based on these factors :

* The job offer is permanent;
* The job offer is genuine;
* The wages and working conditions offered for the job are comparable to those offered to Canadians working in the occupation;
* The employment is full-time, not seasonal.

If you get an AEO and use it to apply as a skilled worker, the IO will approve it if:

the applicant is able to perform and is likely to accept and carry out the employment. Officers may take into account the applicant’s education and training, background, and prior work experience to determine if the applicant meets this requirement. If they have any concerns about the applicant’s ability or likelihood to accept and carry out the employment, they will communicate these to the applicant and provide the opportunity to respond. (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf page 30)

Once you land in Canada, there is no obligation anymore to work for this employer and the employer has no obligation to hire you either.

sdesh005

Star Member
Feb 20, 2009
Thanks much for the details, Leon.

I am still wondering -- I have a friend who runs a very small boutique Inc there. Right now its just him and his wife working for the company with the plans to hire more people as it grows. In that case, can he sponsor me for AEO so I can go work for him? Is there any specific requirement in terms of revenue etc or even the need to prove that the company has hired people/Canadians in the past...because he obviously can't do so just yet.

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sdesh005 said:
Thanks much for the details, Leon.

I am still wondering -- I have a friend who runs a very small boutique Inc there. Right now its just him and his wife working for the company with the plans to hire more people as it grows. In that case, can he sponsor me for AEO so I can go work for him? Is there any specific requirement in terms of revenue etc or even the need to prove that the company has hired people/Canadians in the past...because he obviously can't do so just yet.

Thanks!
I suggest you read this: http://www.rhdcc-hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/aehrdcassess.shtml

PMM

sdesh005

Star Member
Feb 20, 2009
@PMM - thanks for the link. Most of the information on there seems to be generic about the employer and the job details.

My main concern is the size of sponsoring organization, its history employing canadians, and other eligibility criteria that HRSDC looks at...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sdesh005 said:
@ PMM - thanks for the link. Most of the information on there seems to be generic about the employer and the job details.

My main concern is the size of sponsoring organization, its history employing canadians, and other eligibility criteria that HRSDC looks at...
It maybe generic, but they must have had 1 additional employer to apply for an AEO.

PMM