+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice needed!! TRV for an infant

nik.tech

Jun 13, 2020
Thanks a lot Draviki. congratulations for your TRV.
I am planning to apply online with GC key login on behalf of my baby with letter of invitation,explanation for requirement of TRV, I think LOE mean letter of explanation..I am not sending return tickets hopefully I will obtain TRv for my kid.
what docs you uploaded or sent.
I submitted online thru child's cic account. You will get the checklist when you go ahead with creating a temporary visitor visa application.
-did you sent or uploaded letter of invitation .and if yes did you uploaded or just mailed.
Yes, I uploaded the letter of invitation
-did you sent return flight tickets.
My story is my first trv application applied in October 2017 got rejected in 20 days saying there is no proof that child will return. So we bought flight ticket for feb 2018 and attached it as proof in our second trv application submitted in December 2017. It got rejected after 45 days for same reasons.
So, in short, flight tickets weren't of much help.
-what docs did you gave to establish strong ties to native country.
Nothing

So finally out of desperation we approached a consultant in New Delhi. (Abhinav consultants) we had almost lost hope but these guys boosted our confidence.
So we gave it one more try with their help and submitted on Jan 25th 2018
Received the passport request just yesterday.

Only difference this time was the LOE. So, i would say don't lose hope. Submit the application for trv and make sure to explain your situation clearly in LOE that why you require this trv.
Hi Draviki,
Please can you send me the format of LOE if you have..
Thanks
Nik

meeta.s09

Mar 22, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Long shot, but can someone help me on this old post.
We are in a similar position and applying TRV for my 4 months old baby. We both have PR status and husband will be going to Canada first and I will follow with baby after 2-3 months. We need to apply for TRV now as the current processing times are 6-8 months for TRV on CIC website.
--> I wanted to know about the invitation letter, right now we have no one in Canada who would give us the invitation letter.
Is it mandatory to upload this letter and both parents being outside Canada right now how can possibly have an invitation letter ?
--> What kind of explanation is needed in LOE. Do we need to explain that right now baby is accompanying on TRV and we will apply for her PR once we are in Canada ?

meeta.s09

Mar 22, 2019
what docs you uploaded or sent.
I submitted online thru child's cic account. You will get the checklist when you go ahead with creating a temporary visitor visa application.
-did you sent or uploaded letter of invitation .and if yes did you uploaded or just mailed.
Yes, I uploaded the letter of invitation
-did you sent return flight tickets.
My story is my first trv application applied in October 2017 got rejected in 20 days saying there is no proof that child will return. So we bought flight ticket for feb 2018 and attached it as proof in our second trv application submitted in December 2017. It got rejected after 45 days for same reasons.
So, in short, flight tickets weren't of much help.
-what docs did you gave to establish strong ties to native country.
Nothing

So finally out of desperation we approached a consultant in New Delhi. (Abhinav consultants) we had almost lost hope but these guys boosted our confidence.
So we gave it one more try with their help and submitted on Jan 25th 2018
Received the passport request just yesterday.

Only difference this time was the LOE. So, i would say don't lose hope. Submit the application for trv and make sure to explain your situation clearly in LOE that why you require this trv.
Hi,
I am in similar position and applying for baby's TRV. I have created baby's account/profile with reason 'visit to family/friends'
--> How can we provide letter of invitation as both parents are outside Canada. We have a few friends there who may be able to write a letter of invitation though, would that help ?
--> I had selected 'yes' in do you have a family member who is citizen was recently approved to come to Canada. and in documents checklist a document 'relationship proof with host/family member' has been generated. Do we need parent-baby relationship proof or a relationship proof with host (a friend in our case); but what kind of relationship proof can we provide with the friend/host ?
--> What did you explain in LOE ? is it ok that we mention in LOE that ultimately baby will apply for PR and we need to bring her with us that is why we are applying for TRV right now (and provide reason)?

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hello Everyone,
Long shot, but can someone help me on this old post.
We are in a similar position and applying TRV for my 4 months old baby. We both have PR status and husband will be going to Canada first and I will follow with baby after 2-3 months. We need to apply for TRV now as the current processing times are 6-8 months for TRV on CIC website.
--> I wanted to know about the invitation letter, right now we have no one in Canada who would give us the invitation letter.
Is it mandatory to upload this letter and both parents being outside Canada right now how can possibly have an invitation letter ?
--> What kind of explanation is needed in LOE. Do we need to explain that right now baby is accompanying on TRV and we will apply for her PR once we are in Canada ?
I am in same situation like yours.

givingwings

Jan 27, 2021
Hi,
I am in similar position and applying for baby's TRV. I have created baby's account/profile with reason 'visit to family/friends'
--> How can we provide letter of invitation as both parents are outside Canada. We have a few friends there who may be able to write a letter of invitation though, would that help ?
--> I had selected 'yes' in do you have a family member who is citizen was recently approved to come to Canada. and in documents checklist a document 'relationship proof with host/family member' has been generated. Do we need parent-baby relationship proof or a relationship proof with host (a friend in our case); but what kind of relationship proof can we provide with the friend/host ?
--> What did you explain in LOE ? is it ok that we mention in LOE that ultimately baby will apply for PR and we need to bring her with us that is why we are applying for TRV right now (and provide reason)?
Hi meeta, I am also in a similar situation, could you please let me know how you are progressing? I am in process of crating TRV for my baby.

meeta.s09

Mar 22, 2019
Hi meeta, I am also in a similar situation, could you please let me know how you are progressing? I am in process of crating TRV for my baby.
Hi,
I have applied for my daughter's TRV just last week, a decision has not been made yet as the current processing time from Dubai are more than 300 days.
I created a new CIC account for my daughter and applied online.
My husband and I are both PR and outside Canada, since we do not have close relatives in CA, my husband wrote an invitation letter explaining our situation.

meeta.s09

Mar 22, 2019
Hi,
I have applied for my daughter's TRV just last week, a decision has not been made yet as the current processing time from Dubai are more than 300 days.
My husband and I are both PR and outside Canada, since we do not have close relatives in CA, my husband wrote an invitation letter explaining our situation.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi,
Hi can you share your contact detail. I just submitted last week. We can track our files.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi Raman and Meeta: any updates on your application yet? I had applied in Nov 20 but no update as yet...