+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice Needed - Permanent Residence - In Canada 7 Years on Intra-Company Work Permit

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi @jes_ON and @scylla,
I
hope someone can help me in my questions below.

I am currently below the minimum scrore to receive an ITA. But my current company outside Canada is willing to give me a job offer in our Canada branch that will give +50 points on my score. With the +50 points for sure I will be receiving an ITA the following draw.

My problem is my company cannot provide an LMIA but instead can provide reference and support letters for an LMIA exemption under Intracompany transfer
"Qualifying job positions for specialized knowledge workers [R205(a)] (exemption code C12)"

Does anyone here have experience in this path? Does my company need to coordinate with IRCC or their reference and supporting letters will be enough? Also what specific items should my employer be providing in their letters for a good chance of approval.
It's great to have the ICT job offer, but you will have to work for at least one year in Canada, and THEN get a new job offer, to be eligible for the 50 points. Even better, you'll gain more points with the Canadian work experience. Nothing wrong with coming to Canada first as a temporary worker, that is a common path.

Reactions: scylla