+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission process in university

MFareedm

Jul 24, 2021
Im from Pakistan and I have done 2 years of bachelors in arts I'm doing masters in International relations. How can I get admission in Canadian universities. In what departments can I apply and what is visa process please guide anyone

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Don’t know any masters programs where you can get into with only a two year degree. But pick a university, read eligibility requirements and then apply, if eligible. Once approved, you apply for a study permit. Pay first year tuition and show minimum $10k and show how the program will advance your career.

Reactions: wonderbly

MFareedm

Jul 24, 2021
Don’t know any masters programs where you can get into with only a two year degree. But pick a university, read eligibility requirements and then apply, if eligible. Once approved, you apply for a study permit. Pay first year tuition and show minimum $10k and show how the program will advance your career.
My masters is going to be completed in coming 4 months will I be admitted to masters degree again in canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My masters is going to be completed in coming 4 months will I be admitted to masters degree again in canada?
So you are doing a masters now? Why do you need another masters? Again research schools and apply. You may get admitted but you still need a study permit. You need to show why you need a Canadian masters after completing a masters, and how it will help your career.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Im from Pakistan and I have done 2 years of bachelors in arts I'm doing masters in International relations. How can I get admission in Canadian universities. In what departments can I apply and what is visa process please guide anyone
A 2-year bachelor’s .. is it a top-up degree? Did you do an advanced diploma before this?
It’s highly unlikely Canadian universities will accept a standalone 2-year degree, unless it is a top-up degree, in which case they will aggregate your grades from the diploma and the degree and may consider your grades to be equivalent to a Canadian bachelor’s

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
A 2-year bachelor’s .. is it a top-up degree? Did you do an advanced diploma before this?
It’s highly unlikely Canadian universities will accept a standalone 2-year degree, unless it is a top-up degree, in which case they will aggregate your grades from the diploma and the degree and may consider your grades to be equivalent to a Canadian bachelor’s
Bachelor's of 2 years? Can't wait for the 6 month Master's next

• Haha
Reactions: wonderbly and DevSB

MFareedm

Jul 24, 2021
Bachelor's of 2 years? Can't wait for the 6 month Master's next
2 years bachelors and I'm waiting to complete my 2 years masters as well so that it make sense that I can get admission in canada. What field or degree can I get admission in and is ielts and toefl compulsory. Can I get admission without ielts/toefl

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
As far as I know (Pakistani here) 2 year bachelors + 2 year master is considered equivalent to Bachelors, atleast this is what I know. I think you can apply for Master degrees in Canada, but you can always contact universities to confirm if your previous education is enough.
As far as applying study permit is considered, its a very easy process. completely online, and you can look at many guides over google.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
2 years bachelors and I'm waiting to complete my 2 years masters as well so that it make sense that I can get admission in canada. What field or degree can I get admission in and is ielts and toefl compulsory. Can I get admission without ielts/toefl
Proficiency in english language is mandatory for both the admission and study permit application with a good score in IELTS

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
As far as I know (Pakistani here) 2 year bachelors + 2 year master is considered equivalent to Bachelors, atleast this is what I know. I think you can apply for Master degrees in Canada, but you can always contact universities to confirm if your previous education is enough.
As far as applying study permit is considered, its a very easy process. completely online, and you can look at many guides over google.
So like a Bachelor's with Honours? Why call it Master's degree if it's actually a completion of a Bachelor's? That's so confusing..

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
What field do you want to pursue? It's about your plans and goals, not what internet strangers suggest.

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
So like a Bachelor's with Honours? Why call it Master's degree if it's actually a completion of a Bachelor's? That's so confusing..
its a weird thing, its not a bachelors with honors. It is a two year bachelor degree, which is not even recognized as full bachelors within Pakistan for most purposes. And there are limited Master programs that allow admissions from 2 year bachelor degrees even locally. But locally if a person does 2 year bachelors and then a Master which adds two years further to it, most local institutes consider it a "Full Bachelors".

It is confusing, and I think 2 year bachelors need to be removed as they are archaic and do not work with the modern education requirements at all. Students who do this have to do a corraborating masters to it, just to qualify it as 16 year education (full bachelors)

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
its a weird thing, its not a bachelors with honors. It is a two year bachelor degree, which is not even recognized as full bachelors within Pakistan for most purposes. And there are limited Master programs that allow admissions from 2 year bachelor degrees even locally. But locally if a person does 2 year bachelors and then a Master which adds two years further to it, most local institutes consider it a "Full Bachelors".

It is confusing, and I think 2 year bachelors need to be removed as they are archaic and do not work with the modern education requirements at all. Students who do this have to do a corraborating masters to it, just to qualify it as 16 year education (full bachelors)
HEC Pakistan has already banned 2 years bachelor and master degree programs since the last year.

Previously HEC issued a 4 years equivalency certificates to those with 2 years bachelor+2 years master degree. However due to irrelevancy and unacceptance in other countries, HEC has now suspended this type of qualification.

I have no idea if this ban applies to existing enrolled students and they can get a 4 year equivalency certificate

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
HEC Pakistan has already banned 2 years bachelor and master degree programs since the last year.

Previously HEC issued a 4 years equivalency certificates to those with 2 years bachelor+2 years master degree. However due to irrelevancy and unacceptance in other countries, HEC has now suspended this type of qualification.

I have no idea if this ban applies to existing enrolled students and they can get a 4 year equivalency certificate
ohh right ! I had heard some rumors but didnt really know the latest.