+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission deferral while Study Permit application is in Process. From Fall 2020 to Jan 2021-(Covid-19)

Vivekgautam

Jul 7, 2020
My MBA program start date was 1st Sept 2019. Recently, it has been changed to 11th Jan 2020 due to the Covid-19 situation. One week back, I received the revised acceptance letter stating the changes made in the start date of the program.

I have applied for the study permit with the old acceptance letter and my application is still under process. My questions are

1. As I have the new acceptance letter shall I inform this to the IRCC?
  2. If yes, how to communicate the same and how Does it impact the processing time?
  3. If I don’t share this information with IRCC and show my new acceptance letter at the port of entry in Canada, will it be legitimate?
Please help......:):rolleyes:

Guddah

Apr 13, 2020
Sailing in the same boat with you.. i also need an advice about this ... Any helo will be much appreciated

JustDonna

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
You need to send your updated LOA from your school via webform. You have to mention that you will be deferring your class and you attached the updated LOA. If you will wait for them to ask you for the updated LOA it will take another time to process your visa .

Vivekgautam

Jul 7, 2020
You need to send your updated LOA from your school via webform. You have to mention that you will be deferring your class and you attached the updated LOA. If you will wait for them to ask you for the updated LOA it will take another time to process your visa .
@[B]JustDonna[/B] Thanks for the advise. Really appreciate it.

One more thing

I want to clarify my case here. My program start date was postponed by the college due to covid-19 situation. What shall I communicate Postpone of the program or the deferral, Or both are the same.

Any thoughts on this?

JustDonna

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
@[B]JustDonna[/B] Thanks for the advise. Really appreciate it.

One more thing

I want to clarify my case here. My program start date was postponed by the college due to covid-19 situation. What shall I communicate Postpone of the program or the deferral, Or both are the same.

Any thoughts on this?
what was mentioned in your letter ? Deferral means is that they will move your class for example from May 2020 to September 2020 . Postponement i dont have idea.. but better check on the letter your school sent you .

Reactions: Vivekgautam