+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional medical tests required

Harjinder88

Feb 4, 2020
Hi
I have done my sputum test and my result is negative.
They asked me to do chest X-ray again. So my question is that what are they check again in xrays. please reply me. I am too much worried about this.
thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I have done my sputum test and my result is negative.
They asked me to do chest X-ray again. So my question is that what are they check again in xrays. please reply me. I am too much worried about this.
thanks
They compare the chest x-rays done 3 months apart. If the same marks are on the x-ray and either the x-ray looks the same or clearer then you are fine.

Jhonmark

Feb 6, 2020
They compare the chest x-rays done 3 months apart. If the same marks are on the x-ray and either the x-ray looks the same or clearer then you are fine.
I’m in the same situation, the doctor found some blur on my clavicle area, nowhere near the lungs, my lungs were clear but they still tested me for tb. Im going to have my re xray on march, Are the only things that change on an xray are spots and scars?

Aspirant3

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
Hello

I am from India. I recieved ITA on Nov 11, 2020 and got my medical on 13th, 2020. I am diabetic with a stable charcoat right foot. I got a mail from CIC from getting additional medical. I am insulin dependent and wear a brace on right ankle. Is there a problem?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello

I am from India. I recieved ITA on Nov 11, 2020 and got my medical on 13th, 2020. I am diabetic with a stable charcoat right foot. I got a mail from CIC from getting additional medical. I am insulin dependent and wear a brace on right ankle. Is there a problem?
Impossible to say. Depends on how advanced your diabetes is, what kind of nerve damage you already have, your kidney function, the amount of insulin you use, etc. You should be aware the Canada doesn't have a national pharmacare program and insulin is quite expensive and diabetic supplies are not covered by most/all provincial governments. It will be very important for you to find a job that includes an extended health benefit plan.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/type-1-diabetes-insulin-costs-1.5079939

Aspirant3

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
Impossible to say. Depends on how advanced your diabetes is, what kind of nerve damage you already have, your kidney function, the amount of insulin you use, etc. You should be aware the Canada doesn't have a national pharmacare program and insulin is quite expensive and diabetic supplies are not covered by most/all provincial governments. It will be very important for you to find a job that includes an extended health benefit plan.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/type-1-diabetes-insulin-costs-1.5079939
Thanks a lot! I met my panel physician yesterday and I was asked if I had some older x ray of chest. I had the last one done on Nov 2011 that had the same reports as the one done for my medical a. Both say fibrotic opacities in the left lung. Will I face any problem?
I was also give an option if going in for sputum test. But doctor suggested me to forward my old X ray and wait for a response. Is it okay?

Raman137

Feb 17, 2021
Hello dear... I had also passed through same situation... Nd cleared the sputum test and 2nd xray no change.... But today again receive mail for further test... I m worried... Can u help why they asking again for this...

vanderdjiang

Apr 15, 2021
Hi,

I think this is the correct threads to add in and to consult with.

My timeline (I, spouse, and 3 children all below 14 yo):
- Job Advertisement: Sep 11, 2020
- LMIA Submitted: Dec 4, 2020 (LMIA Processing Time for PR Stream by December 2020: 22 working days)
- LMIA Positive Result: Jan 20, 2021
- Work Permit (including Spouse Open Work Permit) and 3x Student Permits submitted: Feb 18, 2021 (Working Visa Processing Time from Indonesia: 8 weeks)
- Biometric Invitation Letter (BIL) received: Feb 19, 2021
- Medical Check Up and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) Requested by IRCC: Feb 23, 2021
- Biometrics submitted: Feb 25, 2021
- PCC submitted: Mar 1, 2021
- Medical Check Up submitted: Mar 3, 2021 (Medical Check up for 5 family members)
- Additional Medical Check Up Requested by IRCC: Mar 10, 2021 (this is a request only for my Spouse to give sputum sample)
- Additional Medical Check Up done/ submitted: May 3, 2021 (as Sputum result can only be seen after 8 weeks from Mar 3, 2021)

I am curious that the working visa process remains continuing or processed by IRCC as not to wait for this additional Medical Check Up to be completed at first. Now I am at waiting status.

Thank you and I will keep posted if there is some update.

vanderdjiang

Apr 15, 2021
Hello dear... I had also passed through same situation... Nd cleared the sputum test and 2nd xray no change.... But today again receive mail for further test... I m worried... Can u help why they asking again for this...
Hi @Raman137,
I’m followong your case. Back in February 2021, you were asked to get some CT Scan. What’s the result afterwards?
Did you have any update from IRCC?

Minadoodle

May 21, 2021
Good day to everyone.

I just wanted to ask if there is anyone here had the same situation like ours where for my case I have to do a follow up CXR as my previous medical examination, the panel physicians saw something on my xray result and so I have to do sputum exam (which is already done last 6th Of May). Thankfully the smear results are negative for any TB related diseases, but still need to wait for 2months time for the culture result. And after that the IRCC send us letter regarding additional information for the follow up test.
After this.. how long will it take to have the decision from the IRCC after the final medical results which is the additional information.

Thank you.

Amycaur

May 20, 2021
Congrats on your PPR, g90!!
Its useful to see that the additional meds didn't distort your timeline too much.
I gave sputum samples 12 Apr and PP said the smear test came out negative. I should know the culture results in about three weeks.

Do you know, by any chance, if a second X-ray is always required?
How long did it take to get the smear test?

12a

Jun 18, 2021
I also had this medical test requirement before a decision can be made but as i am undergoing the medical tests ircc refused my application idk why i m really worried consultant is saying because of this medical request not completed on time but its not my fault x ray after 3 months is to be done how could i proceed before that guide me plz i submitted my application on 26 march but on 26 april ircc made decision but during that time i was undergoing medical sputum tests.plz guide me if i need to reapply?

12a

Jun 18, 2021
Hi,

I guess your query has already been answered and that's the correct information.

The other process goes in parallel and medical results have no bearing on the rest of the aspects of the application. This came to my knowledge after connecting with people in similar situation and then experienced it personally.

I have already received the PPR and was among the first few ones in the bracket of similar AOR. Hope that helps! :)
I recieved refusal before my medical examination what could be the reasons?