+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional information for pr card renewal

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I submitted my application for pr card renewal in July and it was received and started processing on July 19, 2019.
On September 18, 2019 I have received an email from CIC and they have asked to proved photocopies of passport pages for the last 5 years, entry exit records from countries of travel, and any other supporting document for my presence in Canada.
I had lived here for almost 4 years before applying for pr card renewal.
My question is, is this normal for them to ask?

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Yes it has been more than 5 years since I first landed. I travelled thrice and gave in all the info. Upon calling the call center, they said that the file is still in Sydney and there is an option "eligibility requirements met" on the call agent's system which said "yes". This gave me a bit of relief but still not sure if asking for this information is rare and something to worry about? Also, to mention, this application was for two kids, both under 18. I have sent in the required documentation along with lease agreement, school report cards, etc.

rily

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Yep, my boyfriend got the same requested. Nothing to worry. He became a citizenship now

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
How long did they take to send the pr card for him?
Also, was his case referred to secondary review or sent to the local office?

rily

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
I'm not remember the exact timeline. He didn't link his application with CIC website. I think a month after ADR that he got the new PR card.

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Just a few mor questions?
- What year was this?
-Was his application referred to the local office or processed in Sydney?
- Was he called to pickup the renewed PR Card or was it mailed home?
- Did you get any email or a letter after you sent the documents, confirming that theh recieved them?
Thanks a lot.
Have a great day!

rily

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Just a few mor questions?
- What year was this?
-Was his application referred to the local office or processed in Sydney?
- Was he called to pickup the renewed PR Card or was it mailed home?
- Did you get any email or a letter after you sent the documents, confirming that theh recieved them?
Thanks a lot.
Have a great day!
-Idk. Renew PR at that time still paper based application. He didn’t link the application online. He got every notice through the mailbox including the new card. I don’t think he got any update after the documents reached to CIC. We didn’t call or raise the webform. We just waited.

jhony smith

Oct 2, 2019
Emmm helo friends i would like to ask here about to apply my permanent residency for Canada can you please tell me how i have to apply and where i need to submit the application for this propose ?