+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION QUESTION

yanik34

Jun 26, 2011
Hello everybody, can anyone tell me that when i fill up the additional family information, should i put my name in applicant space and my wife's name too.( My wife is sponsor and im the only applicant)

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, put your name as the applicant, your wife as your spouse; then list your parents, any children, and all your siblings.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Under additional family information, you ONLY include family that will ACCOMPANY you to Canada (i.e. dependent children or spouse if he/she is NOT the sponsor).

In your case, you're the principle and only applicant, so no other family members to fill in.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
who is correct I was under the impression me as the spouse would be included and my husband once i get married will be there is that wrong or just his name goes there

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
IMM 5406 (Additional Family Information) clearly asks for details of the applicant, their spouse, siblings and parents. ALL this information is to be filled out, including the details of your spouse/sponsor. If you do not fill in the name of your spouse/common-law partner, you are required to sign saying you do not have either, which would be clearly untrue if you are being sponsored by same.

IMM008 (Generic) is to be completed by ALL applicants, and you now have the option to remove the dependants section from the form if you have none.

IMM008DEP is to be filled out by ALL dependants, whether accompanying or accompanying. Therefore, if the applicant has no dependents, only one IMM008 (Generic) is submitted by the applicant with only his/her details.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Aha, it's for outland. I'm not familiar with those forms.

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
The IMM008 is for outland as well, I filled it out.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
If there are no dependents should the IMM0008DEP still be filed with a big "Not Applicable" across the top? I don't want them to think that we just forgot to include it.

sh7228

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2015
on page 21 of the immigrant's guide (IMM 3999E) under dependents section :

Note: Remember that all questions in this section are about your dependant.
You can add up to five (5) dependants in this form.
To add a new dependant to the application, click the ―Add Dependant‖ button.
To remove a dependant from the application, click the ―Remove Dependant‖ button.
If you have more than five (5) family members, you must complete the Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form for each additional family member in order to include everyone in your application.
Important
You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. You must also provide details on family members whose location is unknown (including those missing or presumed dead). If you don't, you will not be able to sponsor family members at a later date if they are not listed on your application.

on page 4 of the immigrant's guide (IMM 3999E) :
If you are being sponsored as a member of the family class, your spouse or common-law partner (except where your spouse or common-law partner is the sponsor) must be included in your application as a family member. You must also include all your dependent children from your current and previous relationships, whether they will be going with you to Canada (accompanying family members) or not (non-accompanying family members).
All your family members, whether accompanying you or not, must be declared on your application and be examined. If family members are not examined, it is generally not possible to sponsor them at a later date. This includes children in the custody of a former spouse or common-law partner.
In addition, failure to declare family members on your application and have them examined goes against your duty to provide truthful and accurate information, and may cause you to be found inadmissible to Canada.

Also on the document checklist (IMM5491E) :
Original of Additional Dependants/Declaration(IMM0008DEP) completed by the sponsored person, if applicable.

I believe this should clarify the issue.
Good luck

greenish

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweet thanks sh7228, that seemed like some good info :D
gonna check your refs just to make sure, but that does clarify things!

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On IMM 5406 (Additional Family Information): For people applying who have no children and no siblings, make sure you actually sign those sections where they ask about that, instead of just writing "not applicable" in all the blanks (including the signature blank). If you don't sign saying you have no children/siblings, that page gets sent back for you to sign with a highlighted mark on the blank for signature.

newlife23

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th October 2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed with God's grace on 7/3/2012
So i guess putting in NA is ok if you have have and siblings right?

A

ameenah06

So if I (the Canadian citizen) am the sponsor and the wife, my husband doesn't need to put my name in section A? Does he sign that section stating he doesn't have a wife? It's confusing...

greenish

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ameenah06 said:
So if I (the Canadian citizen) am the sponsor and the wife, my husband doesn't need to put my name in section A? Does he sign that section stating he doesn't have a wife? It's confusing...
If you are the wife, your name should be in section A. If he signs and certifies that he doesn't have a wife, that would be a lie, wouldn't it?! :D

Edit: Anyone who is confused after reading thru this, just read CharlieD 10's comment. 100% correct. Bulls-eye. :)

CharlieD10 said:
IMM 5406 (Additional Family Information) clearly asks for details of the applicant, their spouse, siblings and parents. ALL this information is to be filled out, including the details of your spouse/sponsor. If you do not fill in the name of your spouse/common-law partner, you are required to sign saying you do not have either, which would be clearly untrue if you are being sponsored by same.

IMM008 (Generic) is to be completed by ALL applicants, and you now have the option to remove the dependants section from the form if you have none.

IMM008DEP is to be filled out by ALL dependants, whether accompanying or [NOT] accompanying. Therefore, if the applicant has no dependents, only one IMM008 (Generic) is submitted by the applicant with only his/her details.

A

ameenah06

Thanks so much for simplifying it for me! Sometimes all these papers can be so confusing and we just want to make sure everything is 100% accurate.