+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional family information (Must i write down my passed away brother)?

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Hello guys,,,

In the application of additional family information (IMM5406E)

They asked me to write my family members,do they want me to write my brother who he passed away in 2004? or not?

Thank you.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
You asked me about additional family member in the application or for Ohio state police?
I guess, not sure, that you should put your late brother on the application, maybe with a note that he is dead with the date of his death, not sure, take other opinion..

kathsimbev

Apr 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2009
Form IMM008 and IMM5406E

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999E4.asp

Details of family members
Your family members are your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and your dependent children (start with the oldest). You must include all of your family members (who are not already permanent residents of Canada or Canadian citizens), whether they intend to immigrate with you or not. Any other relative (your mother, father, sister or brother, for instance) is not considered a family member for the purpose of this application. If you have more than three family members, attach a separate sheet of paper with the same information provided in the same order.

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
kathsimbev said:
Form IMM008 and IMM5406E

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999E4.asp

Details of family members
Your family members are your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and your dependent children (start with the oldest). You must include all of your family members (who are not already permanent residents of Canada or Canadian citizens), whether they intend to immigrate with you or not. Any other relative (your mother, father, sister or brother, for instance) is not considered a family member for the purpose of this application. If you have more than three family members, attach a separate sheet of paper with the same information provided in the same order.

Thank you,,,

but i think this is about only details of family members in form IMM0008 ??

or even it is for Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) ???

Please help?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
I believe it is best to write him down as well, yes. In "present address", write "deceased on " and the date.

That's just a guess based on the assumption that it's better to give too much information than too little. If you write him down and they don't need to know, then no harm done. If you don't write him down and they would need to know, then it could be an issue. So unless somebody who knows for sure comes along, write him down. That's the safe route to go.

kathsimbev

Apr 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2009
For form IMM5406 personnaly I would add him as well as they ask to write down ALL family members.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would definitely include your brother and state that he is deceased

lisa_joanne_uk

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
UK
Not really the same thing but i have 3 half brothers (1 from my father and twins from my mother) i don't know there whereabouts as the mother has my single brother and the twins were fostered not long after birth. I want to attach a note to the form IMM 5406 Additional Family stating this, is this ok? Or do i need to try and find out where they are? I don't even know there last names or whether they are still in the England... Will this be a problem?
Also i've stated the date of which my father passed away on Schedule 1 so on the IMM 5406 should i put deceased on present address like mitamata suggested?
Thanks in advance,
Lisa :)