+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to PR application post AOR << Please join here >>

Dixit3D

Dec 4, 2020
Hello,

Aor march 2020

My girlfriend AOR feb 2020

If we will be married now, whats the répercussions ? Must the two application will be merged ? Or we keep the two application ? Any case like that ? Please.

Thx

Reactions: Y@M

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hello,

Aor march 2020

My girlfriend AOR feb 2020

If we will be married now, whats the répercussions ? Must the two application will be merged ? Or we keep the two application ? Any case like that ? Please.

Thx
Are you outland applicants? If so, neither of you can land if you do get married as it would lead to a change in your family status. As of now, you can add your partner to your application as it will not lead to recalculation of points. There could be some delays but it is worth the wait.

Also, i am not sure if you can do the addition in both applications (she adding you to her application and you adding her to your application).

All the best!

Dixit3D

Dec 4, 2020
Thx for your return.
Can you please confirm me if we can keep the two applications ? And if we must repass the medical visit, or the proof of subsistance, or other ?

bellatrix

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London - UK
App. Filed.......
28-10-2018
Nomination.....
CSQ
AOR Received.
29-12-2018
IELTS Request
16-04-2014
File Transfer...
12-12-2019
Med's Request
30-01-2020
Med's Done....
16-02-2020
Interview........
N/A
Hi Guys! Its been 2 mon now since I added my husband on my application. Still waiting if we are going to push through for an upfront medical or will just wait for the MR? My medical will expire this coming feb 2021 as well, so I assumed will be going to re-take my medical as there is no sign that LVO will give decision anytime soon.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Thx for your return.
Can you please confirm me if we can keep the two applications ? And if we must repass the medical visit, or the proof of subsistance, or other ?
About med exams - IRCC will inform you about it. I am assuming POF will have to be updated for both of you if the amount mentioned was lesser initally.

RJV123

Dec 11, 2020
Hello Friends,

I just got married and I am soon gonna raise CSE to inform IRCC about my marriage but before that I want to know whether my wife need to change her maiden name in passport to my surname or its not mandatory?
Another think I want to know is which set of documents they may ask after I add my spouse apart from Marriage Certificate, spouse pcc,spouse medical, spouse birth certificate, and spouse passport?

Thank you!

bellatrix

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London - UK
App. Filed.......
28-10-2018
Nomination.....
CSQ
AOR Received.
29-12-2018
IELTS Request
16-04-2014
File Transfer...
12-12-2019
Med's Request
30-01-2020
Med's Done....
16-02-2020
Interview........
N/A
Hello Friends,

I just got married and I am soon gonna raise CSE to inform IRCC about my marriage but before that I want to know whether my wife need to change her maiden name in passport to my surname or its not mandatory?
Another think I want to know is which set of documents they may ask after I add my spouse apart from Marriage Certificate, spouse pcc,spouse medical, spouse birth certificate, and spouse passport?

Thank you!
If she is going to change her passport and all travel docs to your family name then she can use it. IRCC will give set of documents they will require but medical will not be there I think.

allmind

Jan 16, 2020
Hey guys, I'm in this process and I have some questions, hope someone might have some idea.

1- they asked me for my spouse photo but sent specs for PR 70mm x 50mm (physical photos specs), which are different from the 420x540 pixels (digital photo). Which one should I use?

2- they gave me 2 placeholders to upload documents. One for schedule A and one for "forms and package". But there is no way to fit everything in just one 3.5mb file.
A)Should I upload only schedule A in its placeholder? (Respect placeholder name)
B)or can I merge all form in that file and upload all in schedule A placeholder? (so I can have more space in the other placeholder to upload as many files as possible)

3- in form 5562 for travel history, my spouse listed one trip to Canada (for studying) but came back to country of origin to visit family and friend in several occasions, should I list each trip? (This is confusing because it says you should not list travel to country of residence or origin. And in this case Canada became temporary residence (study permit) and Mexico the country of origin)

Thanks for the help

nastaransh

Mar 2, 2020
Hello guys.
I added my spouse on Friday, and they replied yesterday. they asked me for Imm0008 form, photo, police certificate,...
Also they asked for my spouse educational diploma, I don't have the original transcript, but I have his diploma, and I also have his WES.
Is it enough to just upload diploma and WES?
or should I apply for transcript as well? it is a bit hard to acquire them

RJV123

Dec 11, 2020
Hello guys.
I added my spouse on Friday, and they replied yesterday. they asked me for Imm0008 form, photo, police certificate,...
Also they asked for my spouse educational diploma, I don't have the original transcript, but I have his diploma, and I also have his WES.
Is it enough to just upload diploma and WES?
or should I apply for transcript as well? it is a bit hard to acquire them
Hi, i have raised an inquiry on 22nd Dec 2020 to add my spouse but still has no response. I want to know that how did you inform about your spouse by CSE or anything else?

Jul 8, 2020
Received my PPR today!! I was kinda anticipating the mail in the morning today. because my status changed to IP2 yesterday and based
on what I've been seeing in various forum discussions I was inclined to expect it today, and
it happened. (Just saying, It could not be the case too).

My timeline is:
AOR : Dec 21, 2018
Marriage : Jan 03, 2019
1st CSE : Jan 08, 2019
2nd CSE : Feb 08, 2019
IP1 : Feb 12, 2019
MEP: March 11, 2019
IP2 : April 23, 2019
PPR : April 24, 2019
Stream : CEC
Visa office: Vancouver
Time taken: 4 months and 4 days post AOR

Since I am a resident of Canada, I had to sent my passport to Ottawa with a letter asking IRCC for instructions
for my spouse's passport submission in India. This was done as instructed by an agent at IRCC over the phone today.
What did u mention in your spouse's IMM0008 form under number of family memeber?

nastaransh

Mar 2, 2020
Hi, i have raised an inquiry on 22nd Dec 2020 to add my spouse but still has no response. I want to know that how did you inform about your spouse by CSE or anything else?
I raised a webform. I am FSW-outland.
hope you hear from them soon

bellatrix

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London - UK
App. Filed.......
28-10-2018
Nomination.....
CSQ
AOR Received.
29-12-2018
IELTS Request
16-04-2014
File Transfer...
12-12-2019
Med's Request
30-01-2020
Med's Done....
16-02-2020
Interview........
N/A
Hi guys! Usually if adding a spouse on a ongoing PR application how many month it will take again to process the application?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello folks,

I need your input on my situation.

I am a FSW EE with cars score 475. I just submitted my e-APR today ( 13/02/21) and received AOR immediately in the portal. My marriage is scheduled on 15th Feb.
Will adding my spouse lead to recalculation of CRS scores? We have his ECA done but his IELTS score is not upto the requirement and has a potential to bring our points down.
Can anyone here confirm on the CRS calculation in 2021, it would be helpful.

Seyi__

Nov 18, 2018
Hello folks,

I need your input on my situation.

I am a FSW EE with cars score 475. I just submitted my e-APR today ( 13/02/21) and received AOR immediately in the portal. My marriage is scheduled on 15th Feb.
Will adding my spouse lead to recalculation of CRS scores? We have his ECA done but his IELTS score is not upto the requirement and has a potential to bring our points down.
Can anyone here confirm on the CRS calculation in 2021, it would be helpful.
Hi, adding a spouse post-AOR will not affect your CRS score. Its locked in already. Also, ECA and IELTS are not necessary when adding spouse post-AOR. All you need are the forms, police character certificate, evidence of marriage and an updated POF.