+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to PR application post AOR << Please join here >>

Melvinjoy

Jul 28, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I have a different scenario, below is my timeline, please shed some light on how to proceed.
CEC inland Applicant
AOR: 5-May-2021
Travelled to India
Married: 23-May-2021
Portal mail: Received a client portal email to reply with my entry details on 22-July-2021.
I informed IRCC about my marriage and the next day got a reply to add my spouse's documents. Completed upfront medicals and biometrics submission of my wife, and submitted all the documents in webform on 02-Sep-2021. Again submitted multiple webforms, no reply.
Returned back to Canada and replied to the client portal mail again that I am in Canada and requested to add my wife to the application as well.
Received a hard copy letter stating that I have to send mail to <IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca> (Client portail mail Id for Ontario division) with my landing details and subject to be mentioned as paper. IRCC has mentioned that they are sending this letter because either I have not responded to previous email communications or IRCC doesn't have my email Id.
Sent the details along with my spouse's documents to the mail id on 07-Dec-2021.
Received Client portal credentials on 08-Dec-2021 only for myself and my wife details were not added in my account portal
Updated my details, address and photo on the client portal on 08-Dec-2021, and received my COPR today.

My wife's details are not added to my account, and my application portal says the final decision has been made and approved. What's the next step, will my wife's details be added eventually ? Is anyone else also on the same boat?
I am in a same situation right now I get married and reported it after approval letter and didn’t get any reply yet
What is your situation right now does your pr shows you are married

Erseenvi

Feb 11, 2020
Hey guys

I applied for Canadian Experience Class in March 2020. Then I moved back to my country in September 2020, and received my COPR in November 2020. Since then, I have been waiting for my COPR to be reissued. Finally, I got the confirmation of PR status yesterday. In the PDF document I got, it says I should inform IRCC if my status has changed. I am in a common law relationship since November 2020, and as my status has changed I would like to add my partner into my application. The starting date of common law relationship is after my first application in 2020.

So, I got in a common law relationship after I received my initial approval. However, my application was on hold last 2 years.
So, in this case, I am not sure if it is a sponsoring or not.
If it is a sponsoring, the official website says I cannot sponsor her since I am currently living outside Canada.

Could you please share your opinions?
Thank you

faheem7791

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have a query, I added my spouse to my application as I got married post my AOR. I had my re-meds (and she got her meds for the first time), we have both passed that as well on the 4th of July.

my ADR is in NA stage and I had submitted all required documents during the ADR for adding her to the profile.

My question is that she has not yet received the biometrics request letter (I had given mine last year itself post AOR)? Is it a mandatory step for her before we receive PPR?

Typically, what is the waiting time in such a situation from meds passed till PPR?

Divagg

Dec 9, 2021
Hi All,
Wanted to share some positivity for people who are still waiting for PPR..hope you all get yours soon
Below is my timeline
VO : NDVO

1. ITA Received Date: 25 Nov 2020
  2. eAPR submitted / AOR Date : 12 Dec 2020
  3. Received Biometric Collection Letter / Medical Passed notification: 15 Jan 2021
  4. Biometric Enrollment Date : 1 March 2021
  5. Marriage Date : 30 Apr 2021
  6. Sent Request to add spouse as accompanying dependent (with scanned Documents over email): 11 June 2021
  7. Received Request for Spouse Medical : 12 Oct 2021
  8. Received Request for Primary Applicant ReMedical : 12 Oct 2021
  9. Medical Passed : 3 Nov 2021
  10. Received Spouse Biometric Collection Letter : 10 Jan 2022
  11. Spouse Biometric Enrollment Date : 13 Jan 2022
  12. Received Request Letter for Wedding and Casual Photos with Spouse: 26 Feb 2022
  13. Uploaded documents directly in myCIC account: 25 Mar 2022 (Email was also sent on 1 Mar 2022 and 25 Mar 2022)
  14. Submitted Upfront Schedule A form for Principal Applicant : 29 April 2022
  15. Ghost update : 7 June 2022
  16. PPR : 13 June 2022
Hi please how did you upload everything in CIC as we are only given 5MB

faheem7791

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

We have received the PPR.

Here is the timeline:

--> Primary applicant (Me): AOR: Feb 21st 2021
---> PA biometrics --> April 21
--> We got married in December 2021 and added my spouse to the profile post that
--> Added to profile on June 20th 2022 (submitted all documents, Schedule A, marriage proof etc.)
--->Remed request for PA and first time medicals for dependent for me June 22nd 2022
---> Meds pass July 4th 2022
--> My biometrics August 16th 2022
--> PPR email on 25th August!!
--> COR, Delhi, India

Hope everyone gets the mail on the forum!

I have a few questions and I would be grateful for any help:

-->The PPR document starts with the following, correct? Please confirm the same --> "The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa" This is THE PPR correct? Or should I wait for any more documents?

---> The PPR is addressed to the principal applicant only? My spouse has not received any document and the one in the GC Key portal is in my name. Please confirm.

--> We are looking at physically going to the VFS centre and submitting the passport, however, the VFS webform asks for number of passport submission for which we have selected "2" and it also asks for "Please upload the first page of each applicant's passport submission letter "...What letter should I submit for my spouse as I have not received any document addressed to my spouse?!

---> Should we choose the two way service by VFS, what are the charges for the same? And should two different packages be made or just one?

THANKS TO THIS AMAZONG FORUM! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!

Reactions: shubham_bohra94

Ahmadk

Nov 19, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hello Everyone,

First, thank you to everyone who is taking the time or had taken the time to respond on this forum!!

Second, I need your help to clarify something.

My AOR is Feb 2021. I recently got married and I submitted a web-form to IRCC by the end of June to ask for the required documents. IRCC got back to me on the 28th of July with the usual list.

While my spouse and I were working on the documents I received an ADR with the PPR.

Basically, the message said "You must complete the following steps within 30 days"

- The first was if anything in my circumstances changed (including marriage) I should email the London office to notify them.

- The second part of the message was a request to send my passport and of any accompanying member.

After receiving the message, I emailed the London office telling them that we are preparing the documents, but I have not received a response yet.

I just submitted the required documents to add my spouse to my application, so I know that it could take some time before my profile is updated.

My question is: Should I send our passports through VFS or wait for an update from IRCC? Although, the ADR+PPR email says that if they do not receive our passports by the end of the 30 days period the application will get cancelled!

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hello Everyone,

First, thank you to everyone who is taking the time or had taken the time to respond on this forum!!

Second, I need your help to clarify something.

My AOR is Feb 2021. I recently got married and I submitted a web-form to IRCC by the end of June to ask for the required documents. IRCC got back to me on the 28th of July with the usual list.

While my spouse and I were working on the documents I received an ADR with the PPR.

Basically, the message said "You must complete the following steps within 30 days"

- The first was if anything in my circumstances changed (including marriage) I should email the London office to notify them.

- The second part of the message was a request to send my passport and of any accompanying member.

After receiving the message, I emailed the London office telling them that we are preparing the documents, but I have not received a response yet.

I just submitted the required documents to add my spouse to my application, so I know that it could take some time before my profile is updated.

My question is: Should I send our passports through VFS or wait for an update from IRCC? Although, the ADR+PPR email says that if they do not receive our passports by the end of the 30 days period the application will get cancelled!
Respond to the email and let them know what you have mentioned here. They will ask you to submit (which you are already working on) the sposue documents.

sagar_r

Aug 28, 2022
Hi All,

I received my passport submission request, however there are life events that happened during this time. I am trying to connect IRCC via web form but what is the quickest way to get the resolution?

Timeline:
ITA: 5 Aug 2020
AOR: 25 Sep 2020
Re-medical: 4 Aug 2022
Raised Webform to update life events: 8 Aug 2022
PPR: 10 Aug 2022
Visa office: New Delhi, India

Events:
Apr 2022 - Got Married
Apr 2022 - Moved to another country (US)

I raised a webform with IRCC with the changes before getting the Passport submission request, but in the passport submission request information was not updated. I raised another webform to update the changes. In response to that I got a letter which allowed me to upload 4MB attachments in the IRCC portal. I have added all the possible documents in the portal. However, it is written in the passport submission request that I have to submit my passport in 30 days.

I am in the US and my visa office is in New Delhi. Should I send my passport in a given number of days or should I wait for them to update my personal details?

Can someone guide me what steps should I take now?

Thank you in advance.

Sagar

Ahmadk

Nov 19, 2020
Category........
FSW
Respond to the email and let them know what you have mentioned here. They will ask you to submit (which you are already working on) the sposue documents.
Thank you for your response!

I did email them over a week ago (and I already submitted the documents a few days ago). My concern is the deadline is in a couple of weeks and I am not sure if I should send the passports while they're processing my spouse's documents or wait

Reactions: RSub

Ahmadk

Nov 19, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi All,

I received my passport submission request, however there are life events that happened during this time. I am trying to connect IRCC via web form but what is the quickest way to get the resolution?

Timeline:
ITA: 5 Aug 2020
AOR: 25 Sep 2020
Re-medical: 4 Aug 2022
Raised Webform to update life events: 8 Aug 2022
PPR: 10 Aug 2022
Visa office: New Delhi, India

Events:
Apr 2022 - Got Married
Apr 2022 - Moved to another country (US)

I raised a webform with IRCC with the changes before getting the Passport submission request, but in the passport submission request information was not updated. I raised another webform to update the changes. In response to that I got a letter which allowed me to upload 4MB attachments in the IRCC portal. I have added all the possible documents in the portal. However, it is written in the passport submission request that I have to submit my passport in 30 days.

I am in the US and my visa office is in New Delhi. Should I send my passport in a given number of days or should I wait for them to update my personal details?

Can someone guide me what steps should I take now?

Thank you in advance.

Sagar
I am facing a sort of similar issue myself!

I feel like the Lost John Travolta meme from the pulp fiction movie :D

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Thank you for your response!

I did email them over a week ago (and I already submitted the documents a few days ago). My concern is the deadline is in a couple of weeks and I am not sure if I should send the passports while they're processing my spouse's documents or wait
There is no use in sending the passports because your wife's app is still being processed.

Reactions: Ahmadk

SaBong

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Ok that makes a lot of sense. Best of luck on your end!

Now I think that the best solution is to wait and hope that they extend my deadline
As mentioned earlier, it doesn't make sense to send the passport now. They will add your spouse and generate PPR when your spouse has been processed.

Reactions: Ahmadk