+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to PR application for refugee?

leanrema

Jun 29, 2016
Hi,

I was accepted refugee and I've applied my PR application, I have added my spouse to my application with all documents. She's not refugee but staying as visitor with me in Canada.

Will she get PR with me when I get it?

Please let me know because reading about this is confusing and I don't know if there will be extra steps for her later on or she will get it with me!

Thank you,

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Hi,

I was accepted refugee and I've applied my PR application, I have added my spouse to my application with all documents. She's not refugee but staying as visitor with me in Canada.

Please let me know because reading about this is confusing and I don't know if there will be extra steps for her later on or she will get it with me!

Thank you,
wondering how she reach there on visitor visa when you have filled Asylum application already.. or you got married a visitor in canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Thank you,
No you will get PR first then she would get it.

leanrema

Jun 29, 2016
No you will get PR first then she would get it.
Thank you for your answer. I've read from other posts that if the person is in Canada with me then she will take it same time, but if she's abroad then she has to be sponsored, Is that right?

SPIRATY

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
Please let me know because reading about this is confusing and I don't know if there will be extra steps for her later on or she will get it with me! Lucky Patcher Kodi nox

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your answer. I've read from other posts that if the person is in Canada with me then she will take it same time, but if she's abroad then she has to be sponsored, Is that right?
There is no sponsorship process of the spouse or family is abroad.