+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to existing PNP PR Application

Jkm396

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Thank you for the replay. The medical for both me and my wife!
You can call to CIC and ask security check and background check is done or not yet if it is so the you should get PPR in this month because its almost 6 months after medical

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Here is my timeline
application received: July 11, 2016
AOR received: October 27, 2016
Medical Request: October 10, 2017
Added spouse and sent relevant documents: Oct 23, 2017
file transferred to local office on May 12, 2018.
still waiting for update. haven't got medical for my spouse yet.
the call center agent told me the processing time at the local office could be 6 months!!!
:mad::mad::mad:
This is really frustrating :confused: What do they mean by Local office (Ottawa or your country of origin office) ?

Jkm396

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
This is really frustrating :confused: What do they mean by Local office (Ottawa or your country of origin office) ?
You can ask to call center agent about where is the location of your file they will let you know
Are you inland or outlad ?

jeffshane

Jun 28, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I currently have my PNP PR application in process and I am waiting for my medical. I am getting married soon and I am planning to add my wife's name to my existing application.

Can someone tell me what sort of upfront documents can I send. Should we do her medical and police clearance before and then send the updated docs to CIC?

If you've been through the same position, please share your experience.
Hello could you give me ideas for wes after send the credential what next?

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
i call today cic agent
they told me that my file moved to irrc edmonton why they transfer my file to edmonton

my timeline is
file submitted 9 dec 2016
aor. 9 feb 2017
send update get married in oct
request of schedule a family backround in nov 2017
submitted request doc in dec 2017
only me got medical req 8 jan 2018
wife added in jan 2018
wife got work permit in march 2018
send upfront medical of wife in april 2018
on ecas file status changed application recevied on 17 april 2018 and back on in process 9 may 2018
today agent told me file transfer in mid of may and he told me it takes 6 month to process

anybody idea why they transfer file to edmonton how much time they take

Same here . Today they told me my file was transferred to local in 5 may 2018.
. Moreover
Please make whatspp group if someone can . It will be easy to communicate

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017

Same here today they told me my file was transferred to local office on may 2018
Please keep posting if something happen thnks

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Same here today they told me my file was transferred to local office on may 2018
Please keep posting if something happen thnks
Did they also request some more documentation from your side after it was transferred to the local office?

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Nope nothing. I added my spouse in dec 2017. I can see her as a dependent in gckey. That is it. . I didnt even get my medical . And no request for any document

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Did they also request some more documentation from your side after it was transferred to the local office?
Nope nothing. I added my spouse in dec 2017. I can see her as a dependent in gckey. That is it. . I didnt even get my medical . And no request for any document

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Oh I thought you already got medical and Passport request and only waiting for your spouse PPR