+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to existing PNP PR Application

Jkm396

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
That was fast!

I uploaded my add-on docs thru MyCIC as requested. Currently it’s saying “we are reviewing the additional documents you provided.”
We have same time line and same situation you should call CIC and ask them about the location of file, they will say the when did they transfer your file and where, i called them today and they said they transfer my file in Winnipeg, i think you also in Winnipeg
Thanks

Mickeyy

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
28 Dec 2016 applicant. Medical was done Jan 2018.. Spouse added end of april.. called cic today they said waiting for the department to send spouse medical.. Asked them any rough timeline but they told me that it depends how many files are being processed at the department. So no idea

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
28 Dec 2016 applicant. Medical was done Jan 2018.. Spouse added end of april.. called cic today they said waiting for the department to send spouse medical.. Asked them any rough timeline but they told me that it depends how many files are being processed at the department. So no idea
I think it will take 6-7 months to get your spouse medical. Hope you will get it earlier

Jkm396

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Did you ask where is the location of file ?

Mickeyy

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Call then again on monday and asked them where is the location of your file, if they say it is in sydney Nova Scotia then your process will complete early
According to Pnp, file was sent to nova scotia,rest i’ll confirm it

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Seriously ? You mean after i waut for 24 months and get spouse medical, then again wait for another 3-4 months for PPR? Insane
I meant after CIC added your spouse ( in April 2018) they will take 6-7 months approximately to have your spouse medical request. Keeping in mind your own medical would have come after 13-14 months. I was trying to give you a rough timeline estimation but hopefully you will get it earlier. I am unsure if you would have to wait another 3-4 months after spouse medical because all the review on your side would have been done.

Garry B

Jun 20, 2018
I meant after CIC added your spouse ( in April 2018) they will take 6-7 months approximately to have your spouse medical request. Keeping in mind your own medical would have come after 13-14 months. I was trying to give you a rough timeline estimation but hopefully you will get it earlier. I am unsure if you would have to wait another 3-4 months after spouse medical because all the review on your side would have been done.
Added spouse on 12th march 2018 and got medical for spouse on 18 june and also got request for additional documents on same day and now waiting for ppr...

Reactions: ayaz94

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
application received 9 jan 2017
Aor 16 march 2017
I am not sure as it is very hard to predict a trend. But one thing looks a little bit familiar which is those who apply in 2017 or 2018 CIC is requesting medicals from them earlier in the process. While those who applied before are requested later in the process (I believe same goes for adding a dependent). Other people can clarify more on this.

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
I was initially approved for my PR (received notice of approval and Request of sending passport) last July, and I was so stupid enough that I noticed them I have been in a common-law relationship and then you know the story. I thought it would have been a quick thing adding my spouse, now it seems it's going to take forever.

My timeline:
July 2017, PPR received and I sent the marital status update.
July 2017, a few days later I received the email requesting medical and background info of my partner.
September 2017, my partner's medical is received, and background documents have been received.
"Background Check is in progress". Her UCI is added to my application.

No further update afterwards... and it shows that the background check has not started ever since.

Now it's already July 2018, my PGWP is going to expire in November 2018, should I apply for the bridging? Or should I wait for a few months more, I don't want to waste so much money on these bullshit applications. Also if I apply bridging work permit do I need to redo my medical (which was done in April 2017 as requested)

Anyone has some good idea of how much longer will I be waiting?

Thanks!

ps. I am in Ontario.

Last edited: