+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to existing PNP PR Application

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Hi, have a concern. My annual income is low this year as i went for vacation for a little more than 2 months. It was my wedding and i added spouse after ppr. But i m worried as my annual income is lower than what it should be acc to job letter i submitted with application to cic. U think vacation for the wedding can explain it if cic ask ??
No need to worry about as CIC (if going to ask) will only inquire about Job letter and Proof of funds. They wont ask for the Notice of Assessment (which basically gives an idea of how much you earned last year).

Reactions: Sarab26

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
No need to worry about as CIC (if going to ask) will only inquire about Job letter and Proof of funds. They wont ask for the Notice of Assessment (which basically gives an idea of how much you earned last year).
Thanks for replying

Aug 28, 2018
You dont have to worry about it i did landing at cic office they didnt stamp my passport they sing my COPR and my dependent spouse is also in back home, cic officer said me he will send the letter to back home cic office so they will send you passport call for your spouse and They will stamp it so finally after 20 months i got my COPR on 6 Nov 2018
Thank you
Good luck every one
Hi, How many days before they sent you their passport request after you got your COPR? Did they send it to your email or did CIC call from your home contacted your spouse and dependent? thank you.

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
U have any idea if cic check taxes filed each year in background check? If tyes than I have 2 jobs. One full time which i have on file and other part time. Will cic be able to see if i have income from 2 employers or do they only care about total annual income if they check my taxes.

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
U have any idea if cic check taxes filed each year in background check? If tyes than I have 2 jobs. One full time which i have on file and other part time. Will cic be able to see if i have income from 2 employers or do they only care about total annual income if they check my taxes.
I dont have detailed idea about the background check but generally they will check if you are not a defaulter.
CIC can request you for your employment verification letters for past jobs. At that time they will also ask about updated Schedule A, if you think you forgot to mention any of the jobs you can either do it now or when they ask for it. But that's a different thing compared to tax file. As long as you worked using a valid SIN, you are good with it.

Reactions: Sarab26

Navg23

Jan 3, 2016
I got medical on 6 nov after 30 months, i am hoping will get prp before Christmas but my passport is expiring in april. Do u guys know they will sens prp if its less than 6 months?Thanks in advance

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
I got medical on 6 nov after 30 months, i am hoping will get prp before Christmas but my passport is expiring in april. Do u guys know they will sens prp if its less than 6 months?Thanks in advance
When they send passport request they mention in e mail that ur passport should be valid for at least 6 months and have two blank pages.

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
When they send passport request they mention in e mail that ur passport should be valid for at least 6 months and have two blank pages.
One of my friends had same prblm like u and he was expecting ppr. But he got his passport renewed within few days as he didn’t wanna take risk of send old passport.

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
One of my friends had same prblm like u and he was expecting ppr. But he got his passport renewed within few days as he didn’t wanna take risk of send old passport.
And i think u still have time as u just got ur medical done. May be u shld not waste time and get it renewed asap

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Hi,
I sent a webform, informing that I got married. An agent replied to me:
To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:
I have two questions:
1- What should I write for letter of explanation.
2- Should I print these forms and sign it by hand, then scan? or I can just upload them.

Thank you.
Hi, whats ur timeline? I added spouse after ppr and got same reply. I sent tge documents but no updates yet.

Adenikki

May 31, 2018
My Timeline
Application Received- May 23, 2017
AOR- August 4th ,2017
Added spouse on- Dec 19th, 2017
File transferred to local office between May 2018 and June 2018
Advance Medical - June 12th, 2018
MR plus additional documents For both of us - June 27th, 2018
Additional documents for proof of marriage such as photos, messages etc. - August 13th, 2018
Submitted document requested by mail to the local office - September 13th, 2018
Called CIC October 17th, 2018 to ask why our medical has not been updated, agent helped to put a message on my file
Called CIC October 31st, 2018 about my medical and she put a message on my file to remind them of our medicals.
MP- October 31st, 2018
Pre-arrival - November 2nd, 2018
Confirmation of Permanent Resident via email for both of us to come to the local office for landing - November 16th, 2018
Appointment for Landing interview - November 29th, 2018
Total timeline is 18th months

Good luck to you all still waiting.....

Mickeyy

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
My Timeline
Application Received- May 23, 2017
AOR- August 4th ,2017
Added spouse on- Dec 19th, 2017
File transferred to local office between May 2018 and June 2018
Advance Medical - June 12th, 2018
MR plus additional documents For both of us - June 27th, 2018
Additional documents for proof of marriage such as photos, messages etc. - August 13th, 2018
Submitted document requested by mail to the local office - September 13th, 2018
Called CIC October 17th, 2018 to ask why our medical has not been updated, agent helped to put a message on my file
Called CIC October 31st, 2018 about my medical and she put a message on my file to remind them of our medicals.
MP- October 31st, 2018
Pre-arrival - November 2nd, 2018
Confirmation of Permanent Resident via email for both of us to come to the local office for landing - November 16th, 2018
Appointment for Landing interview - November 29th, 2018
Total timeline is 18th months

Good luck to you all still waiting.....
Have you any ghost update in your cic or ecas profile before they issued you copr.