+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to existing PNP PR Application

Jkm396

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Thank you so much

Sorry last question.

1.Did you get also copr of your spouse/dependent that time? Because you said it is outside canada?
2.Is there an option where to stamp the visa of your spouse.. because in my case their passport is with me ? Is your spouse passport is with you or with her/him thats why officer said they will send letter to stamp visa there?
3. If ever when they will send letter for passport stamping?

Thanks again!and

They didnt give me copr for my spouse because they give copr when you do the landing and person have to sign the copr so if your spouse is not with you they will not give you copr for spouse
as soon you will get your copr they will send the email to yr backhome for your spouse and in only two days you will get your spouse passport call from backhome cic office so you should send yr spouse passport back asap
My landing done on 6 Nov and on my email i got my wife passport call letter on 8 Nov

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Hi, i have bc pnp paper based app in process. I added spouse after ppr. Any idea how long it takes for the whole process until re-ppr??

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Did u get wrk permit for ur spouse??
Yes and that's expiring, so is mine. Her expiry date is the same as mine. And now we applied for the bridge work permit, still waiting. Gonna have to go through the implied status I guess.

I was just stupid, I added her as common-law partner - I didn't even have to. I never thought saying "btw, I have a partner." means "oh Canada, I want to bring my wife here and please go find all about her history". To be fair, she is finishing her doctorate degree here in Canada and she really doesn't need my sponsorship. I was just too honest with IRCC.

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Yes and that's expiring, so is mine. Her expiry date is the same as mine. And now we applied for the bridge work permit, still waiting. Gonna have to go through the implied status I guess.

I was just stupid, I added her as common-law partner - I didn't even have to. I never thought saying "btw, I have a partner." means "oh Canada, I want to bring my wife here and please go find all about her history". To be fair, she is finishing her doctorate degree here in Canada and she really doesn't need my sponsorship. I was just too honest with IRCC.
Some people got everything done in 3-4 months. Thats wht i thought while adding him to my file

T.J.

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-10-2018
Doc's Request.
05-11-2018
Nomination.....
DIP 09-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-09-2017
I need advice from you guys.

I applied for oinp employer job offer international student. Now i live with my fiance and i will be marrying her after i get nominated.

What is the best time to add her in my PR application as a dependent ?
while submitting mine ?
or some later stage of the application ?
or after PPR ?

which one of these is usually faster way ?

Thank you in advance.

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
I need advice from you guys.

I applied for oinp employer job offer international student. Now i live with my fiance and i will be marrying her after i get nominated.

What is the best time to add her in my PR application as a dependent ?
while submitting mine ?
or some later stage of the application ?
or after PPR ?

which one of these is usually faster way ?

Thank you in advance.
Add her after your landing.
Unless you are already in a common law relationship, then you have to declare and let IRCC know.

T.J.

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-10-2018
Doc's Request.
05-11-2018
Nomination.....
DIP 09-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-09-2017
Add her after your landing.
Unless you are already in a common law relationship, then you have to declare and let IRCC know.
Thanks.

Is there any process left after landing except for PR Card ?
I thought after PPR and before landing is the last stage you can add dependent.

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Thanks.

Is there any process left after landing except for PR Card ?
I thought after PPR and before landing is the last stage you can add dependent.
No.
That's true, but I added her after PPR, and the PPR is declined. That was for me in July 2017. Now I am still waiting for it.
You can get married after Landing, nothing is going to be affected, you can then tell IRCC about your marriage, and sponsor her for her immigration. It could be faster and you at least don't need to worry about yourself.

BUT, ALWAYS REMEMBER: don't lie to IRCC and always keep them updated.

T.J.

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-10-2018
Doc's Request.
05-11-2018
Nomination.....
DIP 09-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-09-2017
No.
That's true, but I added her after PPR, and the PPR is declined. That was for me in July 2017. Now I am still waiting for it.
You can get married after Landing, nothing is going to be affected, you can then tell IRCC about your marriage, and sponsor her for her immigration. It could be faster and you at least don't need to worry about yourself.

BUT, ALWAYS REMEMBER: don't lie to IRCC and always keep them updated.
Thanks buddy.
Hope you get yours soon. Good luck :)