+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to existing PNP PR Application

Gurinder31

Oct 16, 2016
Hey guys
I finally got my passport request after 30 months but I have a dilemma. My work permit had expired in October and I was on implied status but I left Canada on Dec 02 due to a medical emergency ( I had no health coverage and there’s no way I could pay for medical expenses out of my pocket). I should have my new work permit next week and my family back in Canada is supposed to mail it to me. Just in case, I don’t receive my work permit by then, can I still ask Ottawa to change my visa office to New Delhi or I have screwed everything up by leaving?
Any help would be appreciated !!

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Hey guys
I finally got my passport request after 30 months but I have a dilemma. My work permit had expired in October and I was on implied status but I left Canada on Dec 02 due to a medical emergency ( I had no health coverage and there’s no way I could pay for medical expenses out of my pocket). I should have my new work permit next week and my family back in Canada is supposed to mail it to me. Just in case, I don’t receive my work permit by then, can I still ask Ottawa to change my visa office to New Delhi or I have screwed everything up by leaving?
One of my friends sent them mail that he is in india when he got ppr. Ottawa office changed his visa office and he got his passport stamped from delhi. I think u just need to send them e mail that u r visiting india. But i dnt think u should mention anything about ur medical emergency or since how long u r in india. U should also take other people’s opinion.

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Hey guys
How come it took so long? 30 months is long time even if u add somebody to ur file. Now i m kind of worried. I added spouse after ppr. I hope it doesn’t take that long

Gurinder31

Oct 16, 2016
One of my friends sent them mail that he is in india when he got ppr. Ottawa office changed his visa office and he got his passport stamped from delhi. I think u just need to send them e mail that u r visiting india. But i dnt think u should mention anything about ur medical emergency or since how long u r in india. U should also take other people’s opinion.
How come it took so long? 30 months is long time even if u add somebody to ur file. Now i m kind of worried. I added spouse after ppr. I hope it doesn’t take that long
No idea why it too so long. I added my spouse 15 and half months into my application

Reactions: ayaz94

ishp

Sep 27, 2016
i just call them the agent told me that everything is passed and final review is also done just wait for the officer to put approved and send copr. how much time is going to take by the officer my medical is expiring on 9 janaurary

Reactions: ayaz94 and Mickeyy

Mickeyy

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
i just call them the agent told me that everything is passed and final review is also done just wait for the officer to put approved and send copr. how much time is going to take by the officer my medical is expiring on 9 janaurary
Few days to weeks

Reactions: ayaz94

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Hey guys
I dont think so you need work permit or work visa to enter into Canada. As Sarab26 suggested, the mail you got for PPR, reply them that you are in India and they will change the VO. Once you submit your PP and get you PR Visa, you will be good to land back.
Btw Congratulations!

Reactions: Gurinder31

Mickeyy

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
What you online gckay account says.. doing background check or what ??

ishp

Sep 27, 2016
hello all
i mailed it to the officer about my file status. and he reply me that my application is approved and file moved to edmonton from etobicoke to call for interview

Reactions: ayaz94 and Mickeyy

Rhine

Nov 16, 2018
Hi....

File received : 08 may,2017
AoR: 20 July, 2017
Start working on file : 21july,2017
Got married in nov 2017
Added my spouse in feb 2018
UCI generated for spouse on 03 July 2018
Questionnaire like wedding pics proof n all other forms requested on 15 oct 2018
MR for both of us requested on 16 oct 2018...
I did my medical on 20 oct 2018 and spouse did medical on 29 oct 2018
Submitted my medical and all other forms questionnaire on 24 oct 2018 and spouse medical uploaded on 29 oct 2018

Medical pass on 13 November 2018

I called cic today they said eligibility is passed , medical passed, no finger print needed , do not need interview... background check : we are processing for background check

How much time they will take to send PPR now???

Anyone with same timelines .....

Need help pls ....