+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after ppr, taking too long, please connect here

souslaplage

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Did you email them or raised a webform?
Yep. I have biometrics from visitor visa extension and at the time I did not know they were not valid for the PR, so we ended up not paying the biometrics fee. Now I know they are not valid and we raised a webform to pay and wait for the letter. My biometrics are in the system but its the ridiculous law...

sameerb

Apr 2, 2012
So here’s my case. I received my COPR in January, got married in Feb and I informed IRCC of my wedding on 3 March 2020. 2 days later, I received a letter from IRCC telling me to return the COPR and Visa for cancellation and also upload some documents to support my new status. I did on the 26 March upload the docs along with a proof of upfront medicals done by my wife. However I was unable to return my COPR and visa for cancellation due to the lockdown. My visa and COPR have now expired.

I sent a web form request last Saturday to IRCC to ask about what should be done. Given that my COPR has now expire will it still be necessary to return this doc for cancellation? However, the response I got was that my application has been moved to the Accra visa Office and due to the nature of my enquiry, I should contact this office directly. My earlier visa office was Ottawa.

I sent same enquiry to Accra via email and there has been no reply to my email.

However, I received a request to make payment for the biometric fee for my spouse yesterday. This I suppose means there is progress on my application.

I will keep the forum updated if there are any happenings on my case.
Hi what kind of documents requested by them please confirm thanks

sameerb

Apr 2, 2012
Hi Guys, I submitted documents for my wife on January 15th and got an email from CPC Ottawa that the documents have been received and forwarded to the NDVO office for consideration. I separately mailed the documents to NDVO as well but its been 20 days and neither I have received any revert from NDVO, nor my EE profile is updated. Should I send them another email or request for GCMS notes.?

Any help is really appreciated.
What kind of documents requested by delhi embassy Thanks

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Looks like anything related to spouse addition is on hold. On one hand they say priority is being given for family reunification and on the other hand they do this.

souslaplage

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hey guys..some updates in our process. Medical exam from the principal applicant expired in May, and today they asked for a new one.
I still did not receive the biometrics letter though (I have biometrics for temporary visa process,appears in the system but I know its not valid for the PR). Anyway, let's share updates...

AOR: 17 jun 2019
First PPR: 1 Feb 2020
Spouse add: 21 Feb 2020

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I am also waiting for BIL.

They should at least consider the date when spouse was added as the new AOR and proceed with next steps. This is like indefinite wait and they are asking for re-medical for PA.

Withdrawing the application and submitting again would've progressed better for me.

souslaplage

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
I am also waiting for BIL.

They should at least consider the date when spouse was added as the new AOR and proceed with next steps. This is like indefinite wait and they are asking for re-medical for PA.

Withdrawing the application and submitting again would've progressed better for me.
Yep, I agree. In our case, sponsorship would've worked better, because at least one of us would be PR, now we both are in implied status. It is frustrating but there is nothing we can do...

DonTeewhy

Jul 5, 2019
Hello Team,

Trust this is a good time here...I wish to get proper clarification on the Truck driving jobs in Canada. I hear this job is been sort for and I do have the skills and personally have a flair for driving. In this case, I would like to know the basic requirements to apply for this job from my country in line with residing in Canada.

Thank you.

akshaypatel0709

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Hello all, please help me understanding this my spouse application added in March 2020,

my GCMS note says

incoming correspondence that are provided has been fliped to received in bulk incoming information will need to be revised on next due date.

What does that mean?

Ruks

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
I added my spouse and submitted the required documents on 9th Jan 2020. I was requested to pay spouse's biometrics fee on 22nd April 2020. Later in Aug 2020 I got request to get my medicals done as my previous medicals expired. If anyone in similar situation kindly share ur timeline as well any updates on ur applications. This wait is almost killing. N top of all Der is no biometrics letter yet.

Toyda

Apr 24, 2019
I added my spouse and submitted the required documents on 9th Jan 2020. I was requested to pay spouse's biometrics fee on 22nd April 2020. Later in Aug 2020 I got request to get my medicals done as my previous medicals expired. If anyone in similar situation kindly share ur timeline as well any updates on ur applications. This wait is almost killing. N top of all Der is no biometrics letter yet.
[/QUOT
Send a mail stating you haven't received biometrics for spouse. Some people did that and biometric letter was sent. I hope you aren't in India because the closed vfs might affect it