+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse after AOR

bella7

Jul 24, 2019
Yes, AOR is the acknowledgement that you receive after submission.
For the list of documents, scroll to page 1 of this thread and you will find the standard package that IRCC requests for spousal addition.
Do begin requesting your spouse's PCC which takes sometime to get them. Also, the proof of funds are not requested by IRCC but as FSW, it needs to be updated with new funds for 2 people.
Thankyou for your helpful answers….
Actually my agent told me that your CRS will be recalculated and my ITA would gets cancelled…so i was a bit worried for spouse addition…

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Thankyou for your helpful answers….
Actually my agent told me that your CRS will be recalculated and my ITA would gets cancelled…so i was a bit worried for spouse addition…
You might want to change your agent

KK_01

Feb 4, 2022
My PR file is already in process and I recently got married. I want to update just my marital status. My Spouse is not accompanying and not interested either as spouse is permanent Resident of US. If IRCC still require to provide Med and PCC, can be provided so I have questions about forms that may be required:

1. IMM 0008 (Who should be completing this form spouse or main applicant?)
  2. IMM 5669 (Does it need to be filled by the person being added , in my case spouse, or both of us)
  3. IMM 5406 (Do we need to fill it too, as we don’t have any children yet, or Spouse and main applicant (me) have to fill out parents details into it)
    Kindly, provide your inputs.
Thanks in advance.

bella7

Jul 24, 2019
My PR file is already in process and I recently got married. I want to update just my marital status. My Spouse is not accompanying and not interested either as spouse is permanent Resident of US. If IRCC still require to provide Med and PCC, can be provided so I have questions about forms that may be required:

1. IMM 0008 (Who should be completing this form spouse or main applicant?)
  2. IMM 5669 (Does it need to be filled by the person being added , in my case spouse, or both of us)
  3. IMM 5406 (Do we need to fill it too, as we don’t have any children yet, or Spouse and main applicant (me) have to fill out parents details into it)
    Kindly, provide your inputs.
Thanks in advance.
Yes you can update your marital status through webform and keep checking your profile afterwards to reply to IRCC promptly. These forms are to be filled when PPR is received; but i haven’t filled these because i m also waiting for PPR.

Reactions: KK_01

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Yes you can update your marital status through webform and keep checking your profile afterwards to reply to IRCC promptly. These forms are to be filled when PPR is received; but i haven’t filled these because i m also waiting for PPR.
These forms will have to filled for adding spouse to the PR application irrespective of accompanying or non accompanying.
They will have to be provided before PPR not after. IRCC does not request any additional docs post PPR.
Raise a webform with your status change and inform that spouse is non accompanying.

Reactions: KK_01

KK_01

Feb 4, 2022
These forms will have to filled for adding spouse to the PR application irrespective of accompanying or non accompanying.
They will have to be provided before PPR not after. IRCC does not request any additional docs post PPR.
Raise a webform with your status change and inform that spouse is non accompanying.
Can you please advise if listed forms need to fill by main applicant or spouse ( not accompanying) IMM 008/5406/5669 ?

bella7

Jul 24, 2019
Thankyou once again

viksap

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hi Everyone
I added my spouse after 6 months of getting married. Will that have any affect on the application?
Also, after submitting all the required documents through webform I could only see her name as dependent but couldn't see any of the documents that I submitted and neither did I get any confirmation from ircc. Is this the only way to ensure that my spouse have been added?
AOR 27th Nov 2020
FSW Inland

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Can you please advise if listed forms need to fill by main applicant or spouse ( not accompanying) IMM 008/5406/5669 ?
I am not sure on the non-accompanying process, however, my spouse and I, both of us filled all the forms that you listed.
If you could reach out to IRCC agents via phone, they can help you with the process better.

Reactions: bella7

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi Everyone
I added my spouse after 6 months of getting married. Will that have any affect on the application?
Also, after submitting all the required documents through webform I could only see her name as dependent but couldn't see any of the documents that I submitted and neither did I get any confirmation from ircc. Is this the only way to ensure that my spouse have been added?
AOR 27th Nov 2020
FSW Inland
Question 1: Just scroll above (answered too many times in this thread)
Question 2: Yes, if you can see your spouse's UCI number in the gckey account that would mean that she is added to your application.

Reactions: viksap and bella7

bella7

Jul 24, 2019
Thankyou once again
Hi
Is Visa office location me tioned in PPR? And do we need to submit the passport to the same visa office as memtion in PPR?
If we request to change the VO location, is this adda delay in processing?
Kindly help me in this….

viksap

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Question 1: Just scroll above (answered too many times in this thread)
Question 2: Yes, if you can see your spouse's UCI number in the gckey account that would mean that she is added to your application.
Thanks AishB

Knoxxavier

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Thanks AishB
Yeah I am in the same boat myself. I can see my spouse has been added to the application with a UCI number but don't see any status changes on her medical review ' as in it is started ' or haven't received any other updates (including BIL).

bella7

Jul 24, 2019
Hi
Is Visa office location mentioned in PPR? And do we need to submit the passport to the same visa office as mentioned in PPR?
If we request to change the VO location, will this add delay in processing?
Kindly help me in this….